More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:59:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maternity Clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maternity Clothes  (Read 16348 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Maternity Clothes
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 15, 12:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the difference between a 8 1/2 month pregnant woman and a Playboy centerfold?

NOTHING, if the husband knows what's good for him.
It occurs to me that the fundamental expectation for dishonesty bodes poorly for the future of this relationship. If you actually EXPECT your opponent to proceed dishonestly, and would take offense if he doesn't, something is clearly unhealthy in this relationship.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 15, 14:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The separate issue is fixed but, as with the outfits, some clothes work much better stretched than others.

rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 16, 15:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All during my first pregnancy my husband called me his sea cow. truthful and affectionate!

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 16, 17:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm rather impressed with these maternity-enabled Maxis mesh replacements

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237740

but I had always had the idea that Squinge's hack to enable pregnant Sims to wear any outfit was particularly conflict-prone, so I've never used it. I have just finished reading all 45 pages of comments on that mod over at inSim (30 pages on the original version and 15 on the Seasons version), and all I have learned is a) as should be obvious, it doesn't play nicely with other global dresser hacks and it doesn't have any effect on dressers that have their own hacked pie menus, and b) there are a lot of REALLY STUPID people in the world who cannot figure out what version of the mod to use. Also, the Seasons version sounds buggier than the previous ones.

I can think of a number of questions that I'd like to have more game-knowledgeable answers to than it was possible to get over there even before all the threads in Squinge's section were locked, but what I really want to know isn't necessarily about that mod in the first place -- I'm wondering what the most awesome, least conflict-causing way to take advantage of all those new maternity-enabled clothes is. (I've not heard of any other global mod, but are there non-global objects that will also allow it? And would a global dresser-modifying mod (Squinge's or otherwise) conflict with global mods that affect what Sims wear when on their own, like nounneededcoats or Crammy's work clothes fixes?)

Hate to drag this back on topic, sort of, but I'm having a bit of a problem with the linked downloads. I went ahead and got the ones I have expansions for, and so on. But the game completely locked up on me twice, no crash, no errors (I run with debug mode on), just frozen - both when a female sim tried to spin into her career outfit. (Science career, research assistant, I believe...) The first time, she was pregnant, but hadn't bumped yet, and the carpool had just arrived. The second time she was not pregnant, as I hadn't saved recently enough, and I sent her to the dresser to change right after getting the job, though she had the same problem. Game froze, like it was busy, only nothing happened.

I have taken them out now, because I don't have the patience to figure out which are career meshes and which aren't. It may be a hack conflict, as I didn't see much when I looked through the MTS2 thread, but still...

If it helps any, I was using the thing with the Seasons version of Squinge's hack - which was put in specifically for this set of meshes, an 'adult clothes for elders' hack, and a 'Maxis clothes as outerwear' hack, as well as a 'buyable work/NPC clothes' hack, which I took out before the second time, and still had the same problem.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 16, 17:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw mention of issues with exactly that mesh when I looked through the most recent comments on the thread a couple of days ago.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 17, 09:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say this worked for me either. Downloaded all meshes, went in game to test it on a few of my pregnant sims; nothing. Thanks to Squinge's hack  I was able to pick everyday wear for my sims, but none of them showed a belly. Neither was the maxis maternity wear altered like the creator claimed to have done.

I must admit though that I've been having a lot of non-working hacks lately, things that used to work perfectly before. For instance, the bring a friend dialog from TJ, used to work, now my game just handles it in the old maxis way. Probably some major hack conflict between multiple hacks, but I can't be arsed to go and find out which ones.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 17, 13:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw mention of issues with exactly that mesh when I looked through the most recent comments on the thread a couple of days ago.

Huh. I just went over and took another look - I hadn't checked since my game crashed, and that was a few days ago now - the download has been updated with a 'fixed' version. Awesome. (Hopefully!)

Finally! MTS2 didn't want to let me download them. But I have them now. Woo!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 17, 14:53:30 by Faizah » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: