More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:11:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maternity Clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maternity Clothes  (Read 16349 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Maternity Clothes
« on: 2007 July 11, 18:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm rather impressed with these maternity-enabled Maxis mesh replacements

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237740

but I had always had the idea that Squinge's hack to enable pregnant Sims to wear any outfit was particularly conflict-prone, so I've never used it. I have just finished reading all 45 pages of comments on that mod over at inSim (30 pages on the original version and 15 on the Seasons version), and all I have learned is a) as should be obvious, it doesn't play nicely with other global dresser hacks and it doesn't have any effect on dressers that have their own hacked pie menus, and b) there are a lot of REALLY STUPID people in the world who cannot figure out what version of the mod to use. Also, the Seasons version sounds buggier than the previous ones.

I can think of a number of questions that I'd like to have more game-knowledgeable answers to than it was possible to get over there even before all the threads in Squinge's section were locked, but what I really want to know isn't necessarily about that mod in the first place -- I'm wondering what the most awesome, least conflict-causing way to take advantage of all those new maternity-enabled clothes is. (I've not heard of any other global mod, but are there non-global objects that will also allow it? And would a global dresser-modifying mod (Squinge's or otherwise) conflict with global mods that affect what Sims wear when on their own, like nounneededcoats or Crammy's work clothes fixes?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Maternity Clothes
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 11, 18:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One conflict I know of - it doesn't work with the Inteenimater. Go to my section on Jase's forum if you want a compatible forum.
I don't use the hack myself, but I suppose as long as you know what it is and how to use it, it will work. Your Sim will still get maternity clothing assigned, but you can dress them back in any kind of casualwear with the Squinge hack in. This does lead to the loss of a belly mesh usually -- that's where this new hack comes into play.

And yes, a large number of Sims users tends to be extremely stupid. It's an unfortunate miracle that they manage to power up their PC and connect to the internet every day Sad

As for conflicts -- if this belly mesh mod works by modifying the property sets, it risks conflicting with any other mod that does the same. Luckily the HCDU should be able to catch it though.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 11, 19:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, the set I linked to are default replacement meshes, adding real pregnant morphs to all the Maxis meshes that did not already have them. Don't know whether that also involves modifying property sets, as I've never tried it. I don't believe I have any other mods that affect clothing on a broad scale like that -- none of your hiders, don't have Motoki's clothing equality mod (though I've thought about it), don't know whether either of those things would be likely causes of conflict anyway.

It didn't even occur to me to wonder if the default set itself would conflict with anything besides other default replacement meshes; I was only thinking of finding a mod that would let me USE them which hasn't been frequently identified as a cause of problems.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 11, 19:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The files I've looked at from that thread are just mesh replacements.  It doesn't appear to do anything to property sets or textures.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 11, 19:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I have with Squinge's hack (I use the Pregnancy & Servo version) is that the pregnant sim will still appear in maternity clothing both in the family preview as well as when she's a visitor. And, of course, the problem with pregnancy state not showing in most Maxis clothes or customs based on the Maxis meshes. Not a big issue...I like for them to wear somethng different, just not all the same stupid outfit.

And Servos, well...they revert completely when visiting on another lot. This is very annoying. I will have many Servos in Urban Paradise, but I only plan on having one Servo in Monopoly, and she's kind of a fembot. Bright pink huge hair, PVC miniskirt and tube top. Having her show up as a boring Servo is icky.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 11, 20:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded the new default replacement meshes but haven't installed them yet though I have been using Squinge's hack for a long time and haven't experienced any problems with it. I have a selection of clothes that use a mesh with a pregnancy morph and ensure that my pregnant sims own/wear something from that range. I have recently been using the hacked clothes rack from Numenor/MTS2  as well and still haven't experienced any problems. However, I haven't run the hack conflict detector for a little while so I could be breaking something.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 11, 23:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I have with Squinge's hack (I use the Pregnancy & Servo version) is that the pregnant sim will still appear in maternity clothing both in the family preview as well as when she's a visitor. And, of course, the problem with pregnancy state not showing in most Maxis clothes or customs based on the Maxis meshes. Not a big issue...I like for them to wear somethng different, just not all the same stupid outfit.

And Servos, well...they revert completely when visiting on another lot. This is very annoying. I will have many Servos in Urban Paradise, but I only plan on having one Servo in Monopoly, and she's kind of a fembot. Bright pink huge hair, PVC miniskirt and tube top. Having her show up as a boring Servo is icky.

Yeah, I saw that issue, and I've been trying to find a solution to the Servo problem since OFB came out and there probably just isn't one. I've installed a mod that makes the option to make a particular Sim selectable appear on the Sim's pie menu, so I don't have to install Merola's mirror everywhere, and if a Servo pops up as a visitor I can fix them again. (Although I haven't noticed a Seasons version of the Preg&Servo hack, but maybe I am blind? But Servos can also use the clothing tool and a few other things.)

Dunno if you followed the link I posted, Zaz, but it adds pregnant states to (almost) all Maxis meshes. I never wanted to bother with finding additional maternity clothes before, but with that, the idea of having more options is suddenly a lot more appealing.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 12, 15:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw it, just haven't been able to use it as I didn't get home until after midnight last night. Went to HP5 right by work and going home and coming back in between seemed silly.

I'm using the Seasons version...updated before changing Lynne Pennybags, the fembot, as I only had the Prego version before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 12, 17:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using it for a few days.  I have Inteen, I have the Season Pregnancy Wear Anything, but I don't think I run No Unneeded Coats.  The coat thing never bothered me so no point to have a hack in-game for it.  The default meshes are great IMO, very natural.  I haven't had any conflicts and my game is hacked to hell.  However, I do not use any global clothing mods, because I have Inteen and Pregnancy Wear Anything, and I think they conflict with those.  I use Insim wardrobe tool to force changes when necessary.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 12, 19:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always been reluctant to run squinge's hack for wearing anything while pregnant... I've actually never used any InSim hacks.

Wonder if this would be a 'safe' alternative... as I am seriously bored with the Maxis pregnancy clothes and since my little romance sims seem to find themselves so very pregnant so very often...

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 12, 22:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer maternity replacements.  I change replacement sets from time to time; I've made a bunch over the years.
This is my current one: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=238590

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 12, 22:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh!  I like that idea so much better... I'm with you - too much work, cuz I have too many pregnant sims!

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 12, 23:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to give this mod a try. I run a game with practically no CC, so anything that will give me a wider variety of maternity clothing is welcome. I have been using squinge's hack for ages, no problems ever.
Like Zazazu my sims will still be wearing maxis maternity clothes when in the family preview screen, but when visiting they're wearing the right outfit, not sure why this is different in my game.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 13, 06:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Zazazu my sims will still be wearing maxis maternity clothes when in the family preview screen, but when visiting they're wearing the right outfit, not sure why this is different in my game.
It's possible I'm the weird one. Honestly, I almost never play more than one household in a 'hood, so I'm not sure I'd seen any other pregnant sims visiting -since Squinge's hack- before Nekonoai started showing up in her blond wig and default maternity wear. Peggy Pennybags never turned up as a visitor during either of her pregnancies. And I probably won't get a chance to witness it for awhile...the only sims getting action at the moment are elders or in same-sex relationships.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 13, 10:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer maternity replacements.  I change replacement sets from time to time; I've made a bunch over the years.
This is my current one: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=238590
Ohh, that sounds like the ideal solution! Do you know where one might find more? (Either yours or by others)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 13, 12:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, that sounds like the ideal solution! Do you know where one might find more? (Either yours or by others)
Strangely, considering how many skin and eye replacement sets there are, not many people seem to bother with maternity replacements, which is why I tend to make my own.  I know there was one medieval maternity replacement sets, using maxis textures.  I haven't uploaded any other of my replacement sets, since I mainly make them for my own game, and can't be bothered to go around gathering permission from the original creators.  I have one set based on this mesh and various recolours, and I used to have a set I made from the mesh from Sim Chic on this page, but I can't seem to find that right at the moment; I might have deleted them.

Find me any maternity mesh, with 9 recolours and I can throw together a replacement set in a few minutes +testing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 13, 12:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because I don't think there's really a way to make looking bloated and huge look good.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 13, 15:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may become motivated when your own spawns are growing.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 13, 19:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because I don't think there's really a way to make looking bloated and huge look good.

And so that's why the current fashion trend is to let it all hang out?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 14, 06:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may become motivated when your own spawns are growing.
I fail to see the logic of that. Mostly, I think you'd just realistically have to accept that you're going to look hideous and bloated for a while, at least until you take your crotchdropping.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 14, 18:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'd just realistically have to accept that you're going to look hideous and bloated for a while, at least until you take your crotchdropping.

What's the difference between a 8 1/2 month pregnant woman and a Playboy centerfold?

NOTHING, if the husband knows what's good for him.

Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 14, 19:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find me any maternity mesh, with 9 recolours and I can throw together a replacement set in a few minutes +testing.

Ooohhh... I think I will, soon as I get the time to look for some. And of course I can do some of the testing...

(Or if it's not too transcendental maybe I could do it myself given instructions, but if you say it would only take you a few minutes then I might just take advantage of that instead...)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 14, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Randomly, while the_mystical_one apparently does intend to do some male maternity meshes also, what I'd love to see is a default package for male maternity that I could use to just make some recolors of the original mesh. (The general idea of pregnant men in old sweats and t-shirts is fine, and the alien shirt is all good by me, but some of the others are fugly.)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 15, 04:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...I continued to forget to install this mod, and Nekonoai is no longer pregnant. Does it fix the separates issue? A pregant woman, using the Squinge hack, in a separate top and bottom appears pregnant on the top, but then normal on the bottom. Holy cutoff belly!

Ugh, now I have to go to bed before midnight on a Saturday like a two year old since I wasn't allowed to sleep more than 4 hours, with plenty of interruptions last night. Couldn't go out drinking tonight because I knew I'd fall asleep at the bar.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 15, 12:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Or if it's not too transcendental maybe I could do it myself given instructions, but if you say it would only take you a few minutes then I might just take advantage of that instead...)

I've done it many times, so I can do it in a few minutes.  I can't promise that everyone can learn to do it as quickly.
I really suck at writing tutorials and I'm certainly not in the mood to do it now, but if you're interested in learning to do replacements, I did write a quick (drnken) tutorial on mesh replacements here.  You can use the package I posted at MTS2 as a template.
If you want to make a stand-alone maternity replacement, you extract and replace the pregnancy textures themselves.  If you want to use the outfits you're replacing with as normal clothes as well, you can make a smaller add-on package by just replacing the texture materials.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: