More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:58:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Seasons Error Message
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons Error Message  (Read 12511 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Seasons Error Message
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 09, 17:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea, this laptop isnt even paid off so theres no way ill be trading in. I should have plenty of room bcuz this laptop crashed and the only things I reinstalled was Windows, Microsoft Office,Aim, Sims 2 University and Pets. It's weird that it cant run Seasons and like I said its like a Microsoft error message coming up. I dunno. I'm gonna try deleting some stuff to get it up and running. Let me know if any1 else has any ideas
Deleting isn't going to do a darn diddly thing. It's your video card that's stopping it. I ran TS2 up to Nightlife on a laptop that didn't meet the posted requirements....for RAM, not for the video card. You can have all the RAM and harddrive space in the world, but it won't do you any good if your video card simply can't display the proper graphics (T&L, dedicated memory are your main issues).

Unfortunately, you're kind of screwed. In the future, make sure that your first priority in a computer is a good-to-fantastic graphics card. That should keep you covered with most games that come out in the next two years. 'Cause let's face it, after two years with a laptop, you pretty much have to trade in...

From a former laptop junkie, once you go desktop, you'll never go back. My baby is running great for now and prolly for the next year. After that, I will probably have issues with not meeting requirements for the shiniest games, but desktops are pretty easily upgradable.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
amber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 09, 17:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said it was weird because I shouldnt be able to run Pets but I can. I also sed it was weird because someone else has the same video card as me and is able to run it. I must have downloaded the patch bcuz it says Im up to date on everything after install.

I have a desktop downstairs but its pretty old, as much time as I spend playin I LOVE the comfort of a laptop Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 09, 17:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is quite possible Seasons refuses to run where Pets did: Seasons has once again significantly raised system requirements, like the expansions before it.

Does Seasons say you're up to date after installing? Then you're NOT patched. Seasons installs the unpatched version of Seasons, but checks if the base game is patched. /That/ is what it reports about. Get the patches for all expansions you have from http://www.thesims2.com/ and install them.
I don't think patches will make a real difference though. Rather, if someone with the same system as you /can/ play it, I'd look at device drivers, and running software. Turn off malware like Norton or McAfee to free up resources before playing.
amber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 09, 22:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its working!!! Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I tried them all so im not sure which one worked lol. Thanks again!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: