More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:42:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More realistic/difficult relationships?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More realistic/difficult relationships?  (Read 23569 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: More realistic/difficult relationships?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 26, 11:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there any sort of hack that makes romantic relationships decay?

Squinge's fall out of love automatically when LTR is below 70 should do.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 26, 13:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful! Thank you Marhis.

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 26, 15:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That said, I'd love to replace the tedium of grabbing 20 or 50 interchangable Sims and grinding out STR/LTR at no risk of failure, with something like 5 or 10 required relationships that involve searching for compatible Sims and hoping that your Chat leads to friendship or that she accepts that Flirt and it leads to love.

Squinge has as reduced LTW mod like this that I am VERY fond of: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=39950

I agree that "cooking" is one of the biggest problems.  What if interactions were divided into two categories: ones that raise STR and others that raise LTR?  For example, a chat can raise your STR, but does nothing for your LTR.  A friendly hug will raise LTR, but maybe not STR.  Telling a joke raises STR, a family kiss raises LTR.  Flirting raises STR, which will trigger a crush (and I think it should).  Light kisses, kisses on the hand raise STR, romantic kisses and make outs raise LTR.  Woohoo raises LTR.  Obviously those are just suggestions for the actual categories, but you get the idea.  Would that work? 

With cooking off then, your Sim would have to make meaningful interactions to raise the LTR. 

And inspired by recent events in my house, I would like to suggest if anyone makes this mod, there has to be autonomous arguing with your spouse when in a bad mood! Wink

And about that harder relationships mod over at MTS2, I'm not really noticing a big difference.  Just a few more bad conversations.  The one thing I am noticing though is that most of my Sims have too many common interests, so I need to change that up a bit.  So I also wonder if the bad conversations I'm noticing are a result of my varying their interests a little more??? 

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 26, 19:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,maybe it's time to tell something about my mod at MTS2.
1.Mod mostly oriented for using with fresh hoods where sims have not any relations yet,because I slow down almost all
first contact bonuses.
2.Interests Threshold changed something abuot 15%and now 550 of 1000(default lower value is 400)
3.About LTR"cooking"-redused about 30% and now each two days your sim get 3 not 5 LTR points.So "cooking"take much more time now.
4.Advertising for irritation interactions increased  that means that NPC can make it more often.
5.Required relations for irritations and fights changed something about 10%-so grouchy NPC sims get more chances to irritate instead to talk.
And finally this is only first little step in side "relations problem" and why I don't want to make something complex with STR is obvious conflicts with mods or projects based on STR (noinstantlove,ACR,InT..... etc.).So don't judge too strictly my work.I only tried to bring something a little new in game,because  my interest to this game begin to drop. Sad
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 26, 20:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So don't judge too strictly my work.I only tried to bring something a little new in game,because  my interest to this game begin to drop. Sad

Never said I didn't like it Wink  I just mean that it's subtle.  I'm still using the mod so it must be okay Smiley

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 26, 22:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,maybe it's time to tell something about my mod at MTS2.

Definitely. Smiley

And finally this is only first little step in side "relations problem" and why I don't want to make something complex with STR is obvious conflicts with mods or projects based on STR (noinstantlove,ACR,InT..... etc.).So don't judge too strictly my work.

They all sound like good changes. They should help fix one of the issues discussed here: that relationships are too likely to start out positively. I'll definitely be using your mod the next time I play.

I'd also be interested to know your thoughts on this thread, and if your mod is a "first step", what's step #2? Smiley

I only tried to bring something a little new in game,because  my interest to this game begin to drop. Sad

I understand! I've quit playing the game many times. I can usually only go about a month before the lack of variety and challenge bores me. Hopefully I'll either find enough mods like yours (and some others here and elsewhere) to keep me playing longer, or I'll at least be smart enough not to uninstall this time - reinstalling hurts. Smiley
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 26, 23:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I'll hope that my mod will be really usefull for you. Smiley
Well,about this thread I can say that I'm glad to read about really important aspects of game.
About step 2 I think that something must be changed in Accept/Rejects section.Seem to me that good balance of accepts and
rejects can bring some changes in sims relations.Accepts and rejects must be more personality/character based.
Obviously very important aspect is mood.I saw in my game as sim in desperation mood started doind things that never did before.
So,I think about it and I'll try to find  mood-interactions links.
I should like to make something simple at first with BCON tunings,and if it not help to change something,than to try doing
something with BHAV and STR values.But in this case as I said above may be sure conflicts with other mods.
So,main problem is time problem,because all these"researches"take too many time and I'm not so awesome person in modding
as other moddingmonsters.And many things I still make ntuitive.
But can notice that TS2 is very stabile and tolerant to many stupid things that peoples can do with it.So,show must go on... Smiley
P.S. By the way I'm almost sure that you can try this http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=233274 alternative version*
« Last Edit: 2007 July 28, 11:38:10 by Alexx » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 27, 15:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4.Advertising for irritation interactions increased  that means that NPC can make it more often.
5.Required relations for irritations and fights changed something about 10%-so grouchy NPC sims get more chances to irritate instead to talk.

Ok, I'm finding this more interesting.  I like that grouchy sims are more likely to irritate... would it also be possible to make advertising of those interactions mood based? (or... at least tweak it in the TEST bhav so that, if autonomous, grouchy sims Or sims in a bad mood... and maybe Not really shy or Not really lazy sims... meaning they should have outgoing/active >=4 or something like that, because really shy or really lazy sims might not irritate other people as much?)

Sims in a bad mood or aspiration failure should be more irritable, and have a tendency to want to irritate or fight other sims more.

Even if a sim is grouchy in general, if they are generally in a happy mood, I think they should be less likely to irritate or fight.

Ste

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 31, 19:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally I've posted finished(updated) version of harder rel.mod.Everybody who downloaded previious version ,please redownload:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241232
 Smiley
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 August 01, 20:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think just setting a cap on the LTR/STR, without getting into modifying all the interactions, would be enough to make the game significantly more interesting. Yes, it would just reset the limit, but it would require more effort to find sims to marry/befriend. You'd have to figure out if they'd be compatible or not ahead of time. and if you want a marriage based on genetics/appearance instead of chemistry/personality, it makes the game that much more challenging.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: