More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:09:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about engagements
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about engagements  (Read 7149 times)
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
Question about engagements
« on: 2007 July 04, 23:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will townies ever propose marriage? Or is it a completely non-autonomous interaction?

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Question about engagements
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 05, 00:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's non-autonomous. If you've read stories where playables have romanced townies and it looked as if the townie proposed before actually moving into the house, it's just storytelling (and occasionally pictures not being used in the same order in the story as the order they were taken in).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 05, 01:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I've had some 'autonomous' proposals - with the Sim Slice Beer keg. It's one of the inappropriate actions pushed by it. I've even had one acceptance.

<edit> actually I should have been clearer - I wasn't paying proper attention. It was engagement proposals not marriage ones that were being pushed by the Slice Keg - sorry.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 06, 00:15:49 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 05, 02:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will townies ever propose marriage? Or is it a completely non-autonomous interaction?
Townies cannot propose marriage, because the proposee moves in with the proposer, which wouldn't work because townies don't have a home!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 06, 01:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies cannot propose marriage, because the proposee moves in with the proposer, which wouldn't work because townies don't have a home!

homeless bums. Makes you wonder why the rich legacy kids insist on marrying them.

INFP or something
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 06, 01:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

homeless bums. Makes you wonder why the rich legacy kids insist on marrying them.

Because the legacy rules says they have too. Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 06, 21:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Four words: No mother-in-law.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 07, 03:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's an idea that almost makes me want to be a Sim.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 07, 12:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't stand your mother-in-law, divorce is soon to follow anyway, as clearly, your spouse has the genetically inherited tendency to piss you off. Never marry anyone who's family you hate. If you hate their family, you hate them, too. They're all the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 07, 17:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't stand your mother-in-law, divorce is soon to follow anyway, as clearly, your spouse has the genetically inherited tendency to piss you off. Never marry anyone who's family you hate. If you hate their family, you hate them, too. They're all the same.
Everyone has the genetically inherited tendency to piss me off. Neh, I have no mother-in-law as I have no husband.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 08, 04:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, does not bode well for me. momma tried to run him through with a pitchfork and dad "gave" him a bullet engraved with his name. grandma offered him $200 to leave me. forget divorcing the spouce, divorce the family. 

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 09, 20:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you MARRIED into this dysfunctional quagmire?  Are you SURE it wasn't a shotgun wedding?
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 09, 22:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, If I read that right, that quagmire is HER family and her HUSBAND married into it anyway...

I dunno about the 'no mom-in-law' thing... I've made some sim story lines involving in-laws - my favorite was where the male sim romanced both the mom and the uni student daughter, got Mom preggers, then married the uni student daughter when she graduated...there was a spectacular fight at the wedding - Mom was in attendance...  Just to pay him back for his, uh, 'family foible', his wife wasn't particularly faithful...

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 10, 06:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, my quagmire. no shotgun, it was a little bitty bullet.

my poor sims, they dont branch out much from the trunk.  Tongue unless i turn the acr to spouse only, weddings and parties turn into riots. sister against sister, father against son. but since i installed fight club i might start leaving it set normally.

infj
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 10, 07:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, does not bode well for me. momma tried to run him through with a pitchfork and dad "gave" him a bullet engraved with his name. grandma offered him $200 to leave me. forget divorcing the spouce, divorce the family.
It sounds like you should spay yourself for the betterment of the gene pool.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 10, 22:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

probably  Cheesy

infj
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 11, 18:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.. reminds me of the reverse situation of the old joke that goes something like this:

"I met a girl and fell in love with her.  She was just like my mom.. she looked like her, talked like her and even cooked the same meals like mom did.

I took her home to meet the folks.. and Dad hated her."

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: