More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:13:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.  (Read 69726 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 27, 14:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reference - I shall go and check it out.

edit: I don't know if it'll be any good because the reference to the problem it is designed to fix is useless and links to a whole thread and not to a specific post/problem. *argh* every time I go to MTS2 I hate it more Angry. I shall have to put the mod in the game and test it - then I will know whether or not to recommend it to others.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 27, 14:57:31 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
olsen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 31, 10:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tested this now after downloading from shopping list and removing duplicated content, it looks wonderful.
One question, did you use the dragon end table a lot or are I'm missing some content? Thinking about the witch house and the merchant close to the thief, I did not see the royal castle before yesterday because it was so far out on the side of the map.

Do you have a neighbourhood file for your Wild West neighbourhood? It would be fun to test out.

I also have a zip file with all the required content from Scotia. I downloaded on work so I have the file. Don't think I can put it up public because it's from multiple creators but if somebody wants it I can make a link.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 31, 13:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the dragon table - the chinese topped one? Yes I used it - but if it's turned up in the castle then I've probably not listed a hogwarts table I got from MTS2 - I'll have a look into it.

As for WWW I'm up to testing my shorter shopping list. The Neighbourhood will be ready for primary testing once I get that list organinsed. If you're interested in being a primary tester PM me on mad dot mim at bigpond dot net dot au and I'll give you a link to the Neighbourhood the minute it is up - probably about 12 hours from now as I am about to turn off the PC and get some sleep before work tomorrow.

olsen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 August 01, 17:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, the table is named exploding dragon dinner table, it's a one tile table and is much used in the castle. Can you check that its name is in your game?
Else everything looks nice except that the house to the merchant next to the thief family didn't   have any roof Smiley

One more question, is the ottoman family safe to use? I assume this family don't have any memories or connections to Pleasantville. They would make good serfs after my opinion Smiley

I have little time to play now so I don't know much I could test the Wild West neighborhood, I have just started populating Scotia.
Will contact you then I got a little more time.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 August 01, 23:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The table should be this one - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=159466 - of course installing now that it has reverted won't fix it and you'll need to delete the dragon table (where appropriate) and replace it with this one.

As for testing I've been held back - silly mistake on my part. The great thing with Neighbourhoods made this way is that the only thing that really needs testing is the shopping list - which is what I've futzed. Should be ready soon - even sooner if I pull my finger out and do some work - but I'm off to the shops and the movies, so don't hold your breath  Grin

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 August 08, 00:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a question, Madame Mim. I have the Medieval stuff separated from the regular downloads and all, but I find that I have several of the custom townies from Scotia showing up in BodyShop. Can I delete them without having them disappear from the Medieval neighborhood I have set up?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 August 08, 00:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why townies are showing up in bodyshop. I'd make a backup of the game and try deleting them yourself, but it shouldn't hurt. I can think of no reason why it would damage the hood at all.

As for adding townies to your existing hood - no. It's not a case of just finding the character files and plunking them in there. If you like the look of them you could use SimPE to extract them and then use their templates to make new ones, but that's about all - sorry.

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 August 24, 05:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd very much like to get this medieval set,  but the file is no longer on the file site.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 August 25, 02:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which site and file?

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 August 25, 04:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I wasn't very clear.   Tried to edit that post and apparently it didn't take. 

I checked  everything on your page at Genensims but couldn't find the split file for the medieval neighborhood.   I saw the whole file but 32 mb is way too big for my dialup connection to handle.  (Took me over an hour today to get a 10 Mb file downloaded.)   I was really thrilled when I saw the earliest posts in this thread about the file being split into 7 parts and was really hoping to get it. 

Looking forward to your wild west neighborhood also.  If at any time you need any more clothing for that theme I have quite a few things I have made for all ages except toddler when I was doing a Little House on the Prairie theme.  The kind of clothing farmers and their families wore in that time period.  I haven't ever uploaded them anywhere but would be happy to share them if anyone wanted them. 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 August 25, 11:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took off the seven part file because people were getting confused. Try back here tomorrow and I'll have the links here (I think I'll need to reupload the parts, hence the wait). I think I'd better check the wording of the page while I'm at it.

WWW is actually finished. I just keep getting lazy about paring down that shopping list. I really should do it, but I'm having too much fun playing with my main hood ATM to bother. Wink

http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part01.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part02.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part03.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part04.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part05.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part06.rar
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/downloads/Scotia/Scotia&Instructions.part07.rar

Remember these links may not be valid yet as you read them (they definately aren't as I type them). Download all seven and put them in the same folder. Unzipping the first one (you will need winrar or some such) will unzip the rest as well. If you have any problems downloading them let me know.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 29, 03:08:06 by Madame Mim » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 August 27, 00:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. My townies will only generate on the creation of a new hood, and they'll only use the clothes that they were designed to use. They are all pre-made (just like the Pleasant View ones).

If you want to make townies that wear medieval clothing you can simply make them like ordinairy Sims and add them to the townie pool with a SimLogical teleporter.

If you want to convert your existing townies and NPC's to your theme check out Dizzy's remix ver 2 thread in Peasantry. She has mods that will allow you to change their clothing and to force the NPC's to stay in that changed clothing.

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 August 28, 14:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for putting those split files back up.  It will take me a few days to get them all since my download time is limited but I am really looking forward to having this neighborhood. 
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 September 15, 20:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anywhere else I can get these files please? The links are down and I'd really like to get hold of this Smiley

lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 September 15, 23:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good. Then you can vote on which theme next. Medieval was just first firing in my brain. I want to do a series of swapable N001's for different themes.

Future? Deliciously tacky neon and chrome clothing would be awesome.

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 September 16, 00:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The files being down is my fault I've been distracted by the shiney that is BV. Today I will fix the Neighbourhoods folders so try later, or maybe tomorrow - sorry.

The files should all be back online again now - only don't take the links from this thread go to the webpage and follow it through for working links. Let me know if there are still any problems.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 16, 12:24:27 by Madame Mim » Logged

Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 September 16, 16:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, page is up now Smiley And thanks for that long shopping list! I'd found it so hard digging out the medieval/fantasy outfits, now there's other places I can check out that I'd never even heard of before Cheesy

marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 October 08, 13:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to add my thanks.  I've been playing Scotia for about a week now.  Since I did the complete reinstall, and discovered the joy of Numenor's Any Game Starter, I figured I'd try out your custom hood.  Wanted to before, but I already had a Medieval hood then.  Anyway, it's going great.  The Goldenbough family booted out the resident Royal family, and renamed the kingdom Golden Valley.  Put me down as another who is looking forward to the Wild West neighborhood.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 October 08, 23:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly what I have been wanting to do but with an Egyptian themed neighborhood.  At Sapphire Sims they have all the Egyptian clothes and some ready built sims.  They also have all the furniture and housing and even a bazzar.

This is really great.

Thanks.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 October 10, 04:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I threw WWW away because I could not resolve the shopping list - my problem is that I download everything on a theme and then get carried away rather than merely using what is necessary and referencing the rest. I got all confused and couldn't refign the list properly. Plus I suck at buildings.

But I promised so I'm going to try this another way. I'm going to ask for help.

Does anyone have a building (preferably base game but I can make my own translations if it isn't) that they think belongs in this Neighbourhood - credit given to any I use.

Does anyone have any Sims they would like me to use the statistics and visuals of in creating townies or NPC's? I get so bored making them over and over and they all look the same, again credit will be given.

Oh, and try to remember to include your own shopping lists with submissions.

Post said Sims and buildings (either residential or commercial) with an explaining letter (and the title Wild Wild West) to mad dot mim at bigpond dot net dot au - but please remember that I am working in the basegame and might have to make changes to get your contribution to fit.

marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 October 12, 16:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that may be helpful with designing a WWW neighborhood is to remember that the Victorian Era, the Wild West and the Civil War era all kinda overlap in places.  So if you're not too much of a stickler for dates then elements of any could fit into one nieghborhood.  The difference in a cowboy's residence and a governor's manor would be vast, with the cowboy's easily using some medieval themed furnishings and the governor's manor using high victorian stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_west

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_era

If and when you release the WWW neighborhood, I may use Numenor's Any Game Starter to use it twice.  Once for my Firefly/Serenity neighborhood, and once for a Weird West Neighborhood.  Maybe some of these articles can be inspiring. Smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_west

For the record though, if one of two of the townies or service sims has a broken outfit, I have no problems with fixing it manually.  I think it's a pretty cool idea to make these theme nieghborhoods though.  I've been doing it myself for years, just not nearly as well.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 October 13, 00:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you using the any game starter? Is it to keep later NPC's and townies from ruining your theme?

marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 October 13, 14:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, actually, my neighborhood ended up with the Ottamas, the Ramaswamis, and that Roseland guy with his dog.  I decided to make them extras as I decided to keep your custom families as extras while I have my own Royal Kingdom challenge families that I created.  Yeah, I play everyone, and no doubt my gene pool will thank me for it later. 
But, back to the question, I decided to use the Any Game Starter so I could have an independent game from my usual game, but also so I could drop Bon Voyage, as well as nearly all the Stuff packs that I didn't have any use for in my medieval game.  I also ended up with some of the Seasons NPCs like the garden club people, but whenever I see them I simply use dizzy's change any outfit (or whatever it's called) to fix them.  Really, with only the one neighborhood and only the medieval CC, it loads ridiculously fast.  Well, longer than my husband would put up, but much faster than my previous 24 minute load time.  That was when I had about 6 custom neighborhoods of various types, all expansions, and about 19 gigs of CC on my game.  Now that I use the A.G.S. to have my independent theme game it's about 2- 3 minutes, tops.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 13, 14:53:48 by marjchaos » Logged
adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 October 21, 15:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there, I would really like to download this - but the files are down again.  can you help me?
thanks
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 October 23, 03:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which files? WWW isn't done yet, but Scotia should be fine. Sidney's changed her domain name a little http://www.genensims2.com/guest/MadameMim/index.htm if you're having trouble getting into the site. Other than that I don't understand.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: