More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:52:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.  (Read 70322 times)
adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Default Medieval Townies & Base Game NPC's for all.
« Reply #75 on: 2007 October 24, 21:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the link i tried was on an older post....  the one you just supplied works! yay!!  thanks
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 October 29, 00:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I always appreciate worship.

Wink

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 November 02, 03:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've been through MTS2 and All About Style in search for period clothing - and some of the stuff I've picked up is stretching it a bit. Can anybody else think of places for appropriate clothing - especially male elders and children. Appropriate excercise wear would be a help too. At the moment I've got them all jogging in their bathers (which is marginly preferable to jogging in your undies, but only just).
I think I saw some neat western wear at All about Style http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_prairie.html Give it a shot!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 November 02, 15:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I saw some neat western wear at All about Style http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_prairie.html Give it a shot!

I'm getting a real kick out of the idea of medieval sims dressed in wild west wear.

"Dayum, Marshall.  Thet thar knight varmint done stole mah, cows!"
"Well, ol' timer, ah guess we'll have to give 'im a fair trial, followed by a first class hangin'.  Ain't bin nothin' like that in merrie old England since the prince killed Dangerous Dalton."

All about Style does have medieval wear as well.

Tribulatio proxima est
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 November 02, 21:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Mim,   I too have been struggling with a Victorian neighborhood, a Medieval neighborhood and a Wild Western one.   So many anachronisms!    I found the Hexameter wagons,   a carriage,  and a really well done horse as well as a bicycle over at MTS,    but I have a real heartache with the NPCs from BonVoyage.    First of all,  I have the hack done by someone that just makes all lMaxis cruddy clothing dissapear....except BonVoyage stuff.   Guess we are all awaiting SimPE.    The RPC not revert thingy by jaxnad just doesn't function.    I can change the NPC clothing with the rack,    but there you are with the bellcaptain in his modern dress.   And the generated people show up in resort wear.   I like BonVoyage for my other games...I have external drives set up for multiple MyComputer setups....so just uninstalling does not appeal.   
Its a shame that Paladin hasn't continued with his NPC changer.   I sent off a message in the forum,  but I guess it is a dead issue or no longer supported.  It worked quite well for the NPC's in the early EPs.   
Also there are tons of western, victorian, and medieval outfits to use,  as well as hairstyles galore. My next effort is to convert the taxi and maid and repair cars in SimPE when we see it again, to substitute them with wagons.   
I find your postings here interesting.    And I can't wait to see what you do with the victorian theme.   How are you handling the anachronisms?   Any advice?   
I found the latest version of jfades Wranger helpful.  It makes the custom clothing townified.  Really cuts down on the number of wandering townies in wrong garb.    Hopefully, when jordie gets around to updating the get rid of Maxis clothing and hair thingy, that will stop happening.  Thanks and good luck with your project. N
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 November 03, 12:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to change the ages of Sims to bypass NPC clothing reversion but now I use mods by Dizzy -
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9535.0.html - from this thread you need to download Dizzy's latest brain dump and find casual-npc.package. change-appearance-anyone.package is quite useful too. As are a whole slew of the mods in there. Just read the text file to discover their nefarious purposes.

I've completely bypassed the need to even think about vehicles by designing in basegame. I'm not even going to mention later version adaptions in this Neighbourhood because there is invariably the nimwad who downloads the Neighbourhood and then blindly collects all my links without bothering to read - then complains that they don't get horses, ect like I promised they would. *feh*

And as for the carpool and NPC vehicles they are simply beyond my skill. I am a collater and coallesor (?) of the ideas of others. So if you get them done I will just jump on the bandwagon and point everyone towards you.

adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 November 03, 14:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a real kick out of the idea of medieval sims dressed in wild west wear.

"Dayum, Marshall.  Thet thar knight varmint done stole mah, cows!"
"Well, ol' timer, ah guess we'll have to give 'im a fair trial, followed by a first class hangin'.  Ain't bin nothin' like that in merrie old England since the prince killed Dangerous Dalton."

All about Style does have medieval wear as well.

I meant for the western theme... Wink
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 November 04, 01:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant for the western theme... Wink

I think I missed some part of the conversation.  Anyhow, I followed your link and got western-wear for my own game.  I don't actually play themes but take an eclectic view of clothing.  Now I can have a knight in armour, a glamour playboy, and a tombstone marshall all sharing living quarters.  Naturally, they all will have cell phones.  Grin

I also like the idea of female romance sims who wear full body Victorian swimwear while dating outgoing sims who wear nothing when they swim.  The stupidity of the situation amuses me.

Tribulatio proxima est
beehoon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 November 04, 09:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*unlurks*

Just wanted to say a great big thank you for this! This might be a dumb question, but is there some way of getting your townies to work with Pleasantview? I'm quite taken by the idea of Don Lothario as an errant knight who spends rather more time romancing every skirt in the nieghbourhood:p
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 November 04, 13:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*unlurks*

Just wanted to say a great big thank you for this! This might be a dumb question, but is there some way of getting your townies to work with Pleasantview? I'm quite taken by the idea of Don Lothario as an errant knight who spends rather more time romancing every skirt in the nieghbourhood:p

Sorry, not sure I quite understand this.  If you want Don Lothario to be an errant knight, simply download whatever clothing you want from the medieval section of "All about Style" - there is a range of robes, armour, etc.  Have him buy the outfit at the store or however you normally get your sims to add to their wardrobes.  Select that outfit as the normal "casual" outfit, and off you go.  The outfits are not specific to a particlular 'hood.

If you want to make a townie that wears this stuff, follow instructions about making custom townies - this is covered in a number of threads - a search on "create custom townies" should get you there.

Tribulatio proxima est
beehoon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 November 04, 13:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, I suppose I wasn't clear about that:) What I really wanted to know was whether there's any way to use Madam Mim's NPCs in Pleasantview. Is it possible?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 November 04, 14:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No (well, not unless you wish to create great flamming bags of poo raining down apon your Neighbourhood by packaging Sims from one Neighbourhood to another).

This is a default Neighbourhood. To make it work you put it in your core game folders instead of the EA template N001. ie. When you have this template installed you don't have Pleasant View and visa versa.

Although I suppose you could get really fiddly and have this installed as a template and then create my Pleasant Village. Then you'd only have three generations to play before you could (technically) get to Don.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2007 November 05, 03:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

akatonbo: Thanks. I have a list of suggestions that so far contains Army Base, Victorian, Flapper, Colonial America (which is also the cowboy one I assume), Planet of the Cats (which is just one of my old hoods upgraded), Alien Planet (which is the Sci Fi one I think) and all Service Sims are 'bots (but that one isn't base game compatible and I'm not sure if it'd work).

Future? Deliciously tacky neon and chrome clothing would be awesome.

I'd just like to second, third, fourth, whatever, the suggestion for a science fiction/futuristic themed 'hood. The idea of one where all Service Sims are bots is MADE OF AWESOME! You'd better consult Pescado about whether you could use actual Servos, or if they'd need to be "human" sims with robot genetics... I suspect game b0rkage would occur if you used Servos where it was expecting to find humans Sad.

I know TSR did a Sci Fi/Futuristc theme a while back. While it's an Evil Paysite, some of the files will now be free, while others may be obtained via ARRRnet.

I'm also going to check out your Shopping Lists to see how they work, for a project I've just started...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
beehoon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 November 05, 13:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick reply:) Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to adjust the clothes of every sim in Pleasantview:p Oh btw, I found your shopping list really comprehensive and helpful:) If not for it, I wouldn't have bothered with medieval sims, however great the temptation was. Thanks again!
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 January 18, 04:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say I've been playing a lot with your neighborhood and spawned townies, and I really appreciate all the work you put into this. Lots of little touches keep surprising me. The townie kid named 'Beastiality' was good; I can only assume this was a Discworld reference (which was awesome because the reason I got your neighborhood (and the attendant shopping list) in the first place was to start up a Discworld 'hood.)

I haven't had any glitches so far.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 January 18, 23:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Yes, Beastiality was a Discworld reference. I'd love to hear more about your Discworld Neighbourhood.

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 January 19, 14:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me say so far that, despite careful planning, Angua has an immense and unexplained crush on.......Nobby Nobbs. It makes my head hurt to think about.

(I'm going to try, for the first time, to actually accumulate enough screenshots to do a real story mode; if I get it done and upload it somewhere, I'll post again here or PM/email you.)

(Just out of curiousity--I wasn't sure if you were still here in the thread and whatnot--if I spawn any subhoods, I will be subjecting myself to bad NPCs being spawned? You don't have any medieval templates for any of them, correct? Not to sound ungrateful--I'd always planned for the Discworld hood to function without subhoods for that reason, and you've already done an immense amount of work.)

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 January 20, 00:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right. You will get EAxis generated townies and NPC's for the new hoods. I considered making sub-hood templates but then somebody (Cwykes?) said that they had such hoods under construction and I took that excuse to not have to do it myself.

ROTFLMAO - Nobby Nobbs? Oh, dear. . . I put some MATY self Sims into the neighbourhood I am playing currently (as teens and young adults because that was the age group I needed) and I made Invisi Goth the sister of Victor Goth (Mortimer's grandfather). She promptly fell madly in lust with Pescado and kept making booty calls to him until she got herself pregnant, so she's now Invisi Pescado. Sometimes the Sims just have minds of their own.

If ever you wish to package your whole hood up for sharing I'd love to see that personally - do you have an early copy?

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 January 20, 02:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If ever you wish to package your whole hood up for sharing I'd love to see that personally - do you have an early copy?

I was wondering if there was any way that would be remotely feasible without it being immense. I did make somewhere in the realm of 30+ Discworld characters (some of which I turned into NPCs), and I've slowly been converting some lots into Discworld sites (although architecture and decor is really not my forte, and I've had a problem with many of the medieval lots being really pretty but totally unplayable from a flow standpoint...I've got to figure out what to do with my Unseen University because if I actually try to play the lot I get motion sick, heh).

I probably do have an early copy (I've only had the neighborhood up and running for a few days in any case), I think I made a backup with TS2 Enhancer pretty early on. Would it just be a matter of zipping up the N00# folder and sticking it somewhere? Hrm, almost all the characters have custom hair of one kind or another, though, and I have a lot of clothing/outerwear from AAS (and probably other stuff) that wasn't on your shopping list. So it wouldn't be perfect (and I don't think I have the wherewithal to catalog and list all the CC they have).

From what I gather, packaging sims themselves is evil?

Er: short version...I'm totally willing to give it a shot, don't mind sharing, upload/hosting not a problem for me, but it would probably not be as neat or... done correctly? ... as your stuff or the typical shared neighborhood. Smiley
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 January 20, 06:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, packaging individual Sims or families who know other Sims is not a good idea, and yes, to package a whole hood you just get hold of the N### folder. It's the shopping lists that are a bitch, but I can do without. I like seeing other peoples characters.

As for the medieval/discworld lots I have a sugestion. I found that most people make the lots too big but with patience and the lot expander you can break them into smaller lots. A number of the lots in my WWW neighbourhood are actually the creations of others which I have built pieces of on other lots and then used the lot expander to shrink down. Like the row houses mentioned in another thread here. I do not know why people build enormous community lots. Even if the PC can handle them you're forever chasing things all over the place.

LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 January 21, 07:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been enjoying the townies from your template in my medieval challenge. I did get a lot of characters not in medieval clothing but that might have been my fault...not sure what I did wrong. One thing..I put in always wear casual wear thinking that I could change the clothing of the NPCs...but then I realized too late that you probably changed their clothing. There are a few others that don't appear to be townies..I actually think they are Bon Voyage tourist but why they are showing up in the neighborhood..who knows.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 January 23, 05:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The medieval shopping list was fairly comprehensive - but you have to remember that the Sims covered in Scotia were only basegame. Any further expansion packs added their own Sims and I didn't include a template for that.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying them though, and you're right, Dizzy's NPC_wearCasual (or whatever it is callled) plus his mirror add-on mean that you can make-over anyone who turns up in inappropriate clothing.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 January 24, 02:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All (both) my Neighbourhood templates replace the Pleasant View template so yes. If you want to get standard EAxis/Pleasant View Sims on creation of a new Neighbourhood you must replace my template with the original (the one the installation instructions told you to back up?)

But if you just put Scotia or WWW in your Downloads/Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder then you don't have to do anything because the templates weren't touched.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 24, 08:23:31 by Madame Mim » Logged

nemesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 June 24, 01:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^^  Lovely work!

Would it be possible to get a version with only the NPCs?  I love making my own townies, and I don't like having any other ones running about.  I'm simply incapable of creating my own NPCs, as it seems, however.  Roll Eyes
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 June 25, 07:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Which is to say that it would be possible, but that I'm not going to do it  Grin . You could take one of my Neighbourhoods and use Deleted 2 to get the unwanted Sims back out of there if you wanted though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: