More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:08:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce  (Read 21026 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce
« on: 2007 July 02, 15:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a couple of days late for the Building Contest of Awesomeness.  But I built this out of need for a functional house for a growing family that didn't have crap loads of money.  And just for the sake of it I followed most of the Awesome Spec Building Code Regulations.  So I figured I'd share anyway.

Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce.  Now yours for around $52k.

First Floor.

Color Codes:

White - Foyer.  Contains The One Desk.  Ample space for Cheat kickage and Noodlesoother hat stands.
Green - Living area.
Teal - Downstairs bathroom.
Black - Garage.
Blue - Dining area.
Red - Lockable Kitchen
Yellow - Lockable Stairwell.

Second Floor.

Teal - Bathroom one and two.
Blue and Pink - Snot nosed ankle bitter's rooms.
Red - Mom and Pop's room.
Black - Skilling area.
White - Big open space.  Area over Foyer can be covered up to provide more room should Mom and Pop procreate again.

Now, you might be asking, "This is all well and good Trepie.  But what makes this sauce so awesome?"  I'm glad you asked!

The now tried and true Anti-Critter Perimeter Defense System keeps annoying animals, both normal and supernatural, from entering your yard, destroying your foliage, harassing your pets, and eating you baby.

Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce also includes the Interior Defense System.  Keeping seemingly harmless visitors from plundering your food stock and wandering around upstairs.  Where they may rummage through the dressers in the bedrooms so they can sniff you're wife's panties.

As you can see, the reason why Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce is labeled as such is from the complete lack of anything from the Decrotive and Landscaping categories.  Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce was designed to grow with your family.  As your family grows in wealth, so will the opportunities to decorate Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce with aesthetic novelties.

Adequate yard space provides enough room for a future pond for those in your family who would like to try their hand at fishing.

The back yard is also spacious.  Is there a sim in your family with a green thumb?  This area would make a lovely garden for them.

Did I mention you get all of this on a 3x3 lot?  This provides more than enough space for you and yours without bringing your computer to its knees.  I guarantee it, or your money back!

So what are you waiting for?  Order Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce today!

* Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce.rar (1245.87 KB - downloaded 498 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 02, 15:28:57 by Trepie » Logged
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 02, 15:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you would have gotten the price quite a bit lower if you only kept the front fencing, but oh well. I do like this lot.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 02, 17:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, Trepie: your self-sim is being a naughty boy and trying to get on every female in sight in my Monopoly 'hood. So far it's only worked with Nekonoai.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 18:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a lovely house, Trepie. I really like the roof, and find the neutral colour-scheme to be very soothing. Nice layout too. Iz purty. Smiley

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 02, 18:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm definitely going to use this little jar of awesomesauce in MATYtown.

BTW, Trepie: your self-sim is being a naughty boy and trying to get on every female in sight in my Monopoly 'hood. So far it's only worked with Nekonoai.

wait, what? I got a piece of hot Trepie ass? NICE! XD
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 02, 18:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, you and Trepie have been making out pretty hot and heavy, and Annann and Pescado are best friends forever & ever. He's even let her in on why killing with thumbs is better than killing with the forefinger. Trepie was also trying to get some from Peggy Pennybags, but she wasn't having any of it. A peasant trying to get overly friendly with a royal... Shocked

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 02, 19:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie has been eyeing all the lasses in my 'hood, too!  Cheesy

Must be a Trepie thang.

He and Claude are adjusting well.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 02, 22:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this house, great exterior Grin

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 02, 22:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very cute -- I love the dome roof in front.  Downloading!

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 13:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EPs required? It looks base game compatible to me, which makes Jemjies very happy! Cheesy

ISTP
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 03, 13:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dome roof is from OFB. And I think those windows are not base game either.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 03, 14:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you would have gotten the price quite a bit lower if you only kept the front fencing, but oh well. I do like this lot.

Not much -- I deleted all but the front fences when I dropped this into a hood, and it only lowered the price by about 1k.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 03, 14:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*headdesk* I also forgot about the driveway!

ISTP
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 03, 15:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not much -- I deleted all but the front fences when I dropped this into a hood, and it only lowered the price by about 1k.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "quite." Anyway, too much fencing just isn't a good thing. It makes the lot more likely to lag and is generally a waste of money, though I suppose it does look nice.
Eggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 04, 12:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you mean to leave the Phone hack, Kick the Cheat and BUY in?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 04, 16:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sold!

-hoards, plants in rows in a hollow Shopping Village, pastes a big "Teh BURBZ" label on it and starts selling property-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 05, 03:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you mean to leave the Phone hack, Kick the Cheat and BUY in?

It wouldn't awesome otherwise.
DrKeith
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"Trepie's Budget Awesomesauce" - expansion packs required?
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 03, 03:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To my great chagrin, I appear to be missing some required expansion pack for this lot to work. I only have NL and OFB. What is missing?

This lot is perfect for the family that I have been playing for some time now. It fits in perfectly with their budget and family size, and it looks very playable. What a pity. Any questions? Maybe someone would be so ridiculously kind to remove any building features and/or other content from other expansion packs and reload the lot?

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 05, 01:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess I'll dabble in some necromancy,too.

Won't be possible.  When you package a lot, it will always, at a minimum, require the latest expansion  that the packager had installed at the time of packaging, regardless of whether it contains content from that expansion. Downgrading requires actually rebuilding the lot in a game where only the desired expansions are installed.

According to the Packaged Lot's xml data, Trepie had the following expansions and stuff packs installed in the game when he packaged the lot:

The Sims 2
University
Nightlife
Open For Business
Family Fun Stuff
Glamour Life Stuff
Pets
Seasons
Celebration Stuff
H&M Stuff

As such, the result's going to require at least Seasons.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 05, 02:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the Clean Pack Installer ignore that? (And if it does, do you end up with a lot with non-compatible features erased/replaced, or a lot that freezes on load?)

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 05, 04:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you're correct. From what I've been told, if the lot requires  an expansion  that came out later than any of the ones you have,  and you force the issue with Sims2Pack clean installer, the lot will freeze or crash. If you do have an expansion that matches, or came out after the latest expansion the lot requires, the lot will install, but objects/textures may be missing depending on what the lot-builder used, and what you have.

And if you use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to strip the content from an already packaged lot, the XML <Gameversion> tag seems to be rewritten to say that the lot only requires The Sims 2, regardless of what expansions may actually be required for the lot.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
DrKeith
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 05, 11:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all of the detailed explanations, guys. And I apologise for committing the abhorrent act of necromancy. I was a bit sleep-deprived at the time of posting, and I was under the impression that I had created a new thread. Instead, of course, I was adding to a dead thread. Guess it also happens when you take advantage of the tabs feature of Firefox.

Well, it's a pity. Because I really like that home. I usually only play with one family at a time, and, as such, they get bigger. My sim unexpectedly had twins, and now I'm in need of a home with at least FOUR bedrooms. As home designers generally seem to sacrifice playability for the sake of aesthetics, few decent homes on the internets have more than 3 bedrooms. That's why this home seemed so appealing to me.

I also like that it's budget-y. I have a very nice home that I can use, but it's unfurnished, and I already make many downloads as it is, and don't want the tedious task of looking for decent furniture for a newly decorated home. Besides, others do it so much better anyhow. I'll just have my Tenney family take out another huge loan, but only if I can manage to run a decent business, so I can sell it, and repay another outstanding loan, haha.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 05, 16:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out Reggikko, Witch and Emma's houses at laverwinklesims (http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php) -- they all have a bunch of nice houses, from small starters to affordable ones for big families.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 14, 23:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like that it's budget-y. I have a very nice home that I can use, but it's unfurnished, and I already make many downloads as it is, and don't want the tedious task of looking for decent furniture for a newly decorated home. Besides, others do it so much better anyhow. I'll just have my Tenney family take out another huge loan, but only if I can manage to run a decent business, so I can sell it, and repay another outstanding loan, haha.

I'm glad you committed necromancy because I wanted to, just to talk about this house. My daughter and I have been playing it together and separately since it was uploaded and I really wish you could use it. It's one of the most playable houses we've ever seen, and better than any of those we've built. Last night we turned it into a dorm and, as we suspected, it makes a great dorm too.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 14, 23:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fellow lover of this lot. I've had a family run through three generations in it so far, one with a granted Ten Maggots want. No matter how things changed, there was always room and no queue stompage.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: