More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 04:33:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Odd problems when taking a specific sim to a community lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd problems when taking a specific sim to a community lot  (Read 5846 times)
Robinoli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Odd problems when taking a specific sim to a community lot
« on: 2007 July 02, 07:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I take one of my sims out to a community lot, this strange thing happens with the townies. They'll walk onto the lot, wander somewhere, and get "stuck" there. Even though they can (and SHOULD) move, they just keep standing in the same spot (picture proof: look at the townie behind the sims slow dancing here, and look at the time. Now look at the townie and the time in this picture. She's moved a little bit on that one tile, but that's it. I'm pretty sure only my townies are doing this, because a playable showed up and sat down to eat, like sims are supposed to do when visiting community lots). This does not happen with any of my other sims.

Another problem -- Whenever I direct the sim I'm taking out to do something with a townie, the interaction drops out of her queue but she goes and does it anyway. This does not happen with any of my other sims.

When I turn on boolprop while taking this sim to a community lot, I get this error message.

So what's wrong? Did I break it?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Odd problems when taking a specific sim to a community lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 02, 07:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'll need the log file ObjectError_N002_t219.txt in order to say something meaningful about this.

Seems you either have some hack that does not work with whatever expansion you have, or some hack conflict.
Robinoli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 02, 16:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay. The file's pretty large, I'll attach it to this message.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 02, 23:27:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 23:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error appears to be caused by a nighclub fountain of some kind. Does this lot have a fountain? Identify fountain and remove it, and indicate which fountain it is for further investigation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 03, 00:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, Targa's backdrop... breaks fountains which breaks townies... and sims...

Unsouper
Robinoli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 03, 09:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, Targa's backdrop... breaks fountains which breaks townies... and sims...
Hmm? Are you saying that because I have this downloaded, my fountains are broken? If I delete it, will this stop happening?

Yes, the lots she has been on have all had fountains. I'll check which fountain tomorrow when I have access to the game.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 03, 09:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep, that download breaks fountains. It's just one of the backdrops. If you look at it with clean installer, it's the one that shows as a hacked object. Delete that one and all will be good.

Unsouper
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 04, 00:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone cares, I reported the download today to MST2 moderators and they've added a note about the problem w/this backdrop object and Seasons.  I'd contacted Targa about it back in March when it happened to me, but apparently he/she isn't updating stuff.  Or acknowledging pm's.  I didn't think to check back on it until I saw this thread.

It's only been downloaded a few thousand times, oh well.   Undecided

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 04, 14:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool. I don't report stuff at MTS2 anymore (not directly to mods there I mean). Didn't care for the way they dealt with the broken clothing, as in didn't deal with it because they liked the modder that made them <eyeroll>

Well probably 3 of the downloaders is me (I end up redownloading stuff all the time) and 1 is you and 3 are other people that know it's broke on the thread and I've told some people and probably you have too and all. So let's say 14,950 downloaders to go or so.

Unsouper
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 04, 16:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging from the comments on the thread, there has always been a problem with the dingy white backdrop, it just became a much more serious problem when the Seasons fountain issue began.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Robinoli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 04, 21:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it fixed my problem, so thanks. Smiley

I'll be sure to tell anyone who has this downloaded to delete it. Thank you for your help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: