More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 10:25:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fitness Surprise
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fitness Surprise  (Read 5474 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Fitness Surprise
« on: 2007 July 01, 21:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a toddler turn into a child and immediately start playing tag with dad. Meanwhile, I'm busy with mom giving the headmaster tour. Suddenly, I hear the familiar 'boing' that a Sim gets when they go from regular to fit. I quickly paused the game. The child was still in the playing tag pose, but dad was standing there showing off his new muscles.  I checked, and sure enough he just crossed over into the fit category.

It immediately ended the game of tag, and he got a skill bar, half filled, stuck above his head until he did another skilling activity, which corrected the situation.

First, I didn't know that Sims gained fitness during a game of tag. Second, I'm unsure about the skill bar. I don't remember seeing it over his head when I saw them playing tag, but I wasn't paying close attention either. The skill bar that was stuck was the body skill bar, which was half full because he didn't gain a body point yet, just went up in fitness level.

Sorry if this is old news to everyone else. It caught me by surprise. Is there anything else that adds to fitness such as playing catch, snowball fights, etc.?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
Re: Fitness Surprise
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 02, 03:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know cops n robbers works for kids. I remember I had a fat kid once who played with her friend for hours, and her fitness went to normal.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 02, 07:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know cops n robbers works for kids. I remember I had a fat kid once who played with her friend for hours, and her fitness went to normal.

Sure this wasn't just because she didn't eat during those hours Tongue ?

I had some fitness weirdness happen in my game, too. One sim suddenly had a full body bar, and after changing clothes for whatever reasons, his body status was shown as fit, too. I know positively that he'd never had any workout (not even on my gym lot as a visitor). Another one also had the body bar full, but his body status never changed  Huh

Does Macro.../Garden add to fitness? That's the only explanation I can think of, especially because I haven't changed anything in my game (not even patched after p1) except starting to use the gardening macro.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 15:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Naw, it ain't the diet... the nanny stuffed her full of cakes and such crap that she got obese (this was pre-lobonanny). Was definitely all that running.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 02, 16:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure this wasn't just because she didn't eat during those hours Tongue

That doesn't actually affect fitness does it?
It doesn't in my game (not that it would be unusual for my game to be different from everyone else's Undecided)
I always found it weird that a Sim who lives on the brink of starvation will get fat if they take one extra bite once,
yet returning to their barely enough to live affects nothing.

No eating disorders in the Sims...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 02, 23:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it takes you from fat to normal, but not from normal to fit.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 03, 07:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it takes you from fat to normal, but not from normal to fit.

Exactly. Pity that there's no "skinny" state though. I'd love to have the three body states from TS1, but with an additional fitness flag, so thin and fat sims can have muscles, too. They're not "fat" in the game, anyway. They're just voluptuous.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 03, 13:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Pity that there's no "skinny" state though. I'd love to have the three body states from TS1, but with an additional fitness flag, so thin and fat sims can have muscles, too. They're not "fat" in the game, anyway. They're just voluptuous.

I know.  Sad I always found the fitness bar to be a bit one-dimensional, though. Perhaps in The Sims 3 they'll change it more into something like a circle, where a Sim would be pulled between thinness, fatness, and muscle. Certain activities will make you thinner or build muscle, while eating constantly will make a Sim fat. I really shouldn't get my hopes up, though.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 03, 14:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My self sim should be fat with a fitness flag.  I'm well padded, but I'm in good shape; I can outrun many skinny people.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 14:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My self sim should be fat with a fitness flag.  I'm well padded, but I'm in good shape; I can outrun many skinny people.

Heh, exact opposite here. I'm all bones, no fat, no muscles.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 03, 15:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And CRUSH THEM beneath your weight?

Fear the fatties, for they will dine on us.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 03, 15:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone is channeling a little too much Pescado.

I'm pretty much all skin and bones too, Eleonora, though I do have some muscle. It's all very lean. I ended up having to use a custom mesh on my self-Sim to make him look decent.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 03, 16:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And CRUSH THEM beneath your weight?

I try to avoid sitting on people for any reason.
I used to kickbox at a girly (low contact) kickboxing studio; there was no actual fighting, it was just for the excersise; one person would hold pads and another would kick/punch.  All the other people there were skinny girls who just wanted an aerobic excersise, and I kicked them around like rag dolls.  After a while the instructor was the only person who dared hold the pads for me.  A kick with 200 pounds behind it is no joke.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 03, 16:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but the mental image I got of large + muscular is the Kingpin (re-watched Daredevil lately).
No disrespect intended Wink

I used to be very skinny, but I gained some weight recently. I'm actually at my optimum weight now. Could use some more musculature, though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: