More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:50:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Twooflower's Sucky Entry '07
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Twooflower's Sucky Entry '07  (Read 30642 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Twooflower's Sucky Entry '07
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 06, 00:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, there's no facility for physically preventing visitors from traipsing up the stairs and out of your line of sight on the viewing deck. They will then get lost, or worse, start congregating up there, generally being a pain in the ass. Proper Awesomedesign generally encloses the stairwell in a lockable structure to deny them the ability to leave the viewing deck. Locking them off after they've already gotten upstairs is considered a very poor substitute as it does not address the underlying issue of NOT LETTING THEM LEAVE YOUR SIGHT.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 06, 01:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, there's no facility for physically preventing visitors from traipsing up the stairs and out of your line of sight on the viewing deck. They will then get lost, or worse, start congregating up there, generally being a pain in the ass. Proper Awesomedesign generally encloses the stairwell in a lockable structure to deny them the ability to leave the viewing deck. Locking them off after they've already gotten upstairs is considered a very poor substitute as it does not address the underlying issue of NOT LETTING THEM LEAVE YOUR SIGHT.

Thank you, Pescado, that makes sense. I misunderstood the AwesomeSpecs, and I had planned around the idea that visitors wouldn't go past the foyer/dining areas.  Next time I'll be sure to make the stairway lockable. 

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 06, 05:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are stealth stairs? I've never heard of them before.

Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 06, 11:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are stealth stairs? I've never heard of them before.
Stealthy stair stuff :
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Category:Build_Mode_Stealth_Stairs_Tutorials

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 06, 12:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't do it, though. It looks ridiculous.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 06, 13:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Khaki Smiley

Don't do it, though. It looks ridiculous.

I won't.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 06, 17:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ach, I hate stealth stairs! The concept of them is kind of nifty in a 'hey, look what I can do!' sort of way, but they just never look quite right, and often don't function very well, either. JUST SAY NO TO STEALTH STAIRS! Please forgive the yelling. I obviously feel very passionately about this topic. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 07, 15:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ach, I hate stealth stairs! The concept of them is kind of nifty in a 'hey, look what I can do!' sort of way, but they just never look quite right, and often don't function very well, either. JUST SAY NO TO STEALTH STAIRS! Please forgive the yelling. I obviously feel very passionately about this topic. Wink

Thank you for the intervention, NVA.  I'll look for a 12-step program.  Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 08, 01:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, there are 16 steps in proper stairs. Tongue

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 08, 02:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, there are 16 steps in proper stairs. Tongue

True, but then stealth stairs already have 4 steps, so a 12-step program would complete the staircase.  Wink

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 18, 06:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love stealth stairs! They save so much time moving your sim from one floor to the next!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 18, 06:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also appear to be incompatible with pet animations.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 18, 15:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That they are. The pet appears to be going up an invisible normal set of stairs and then pops to the correct ending point. It's weird, but a minor annoyance and worth the space saving when you have six sims, a dog, a womrat, and at least one on the way in a 8x8 house with basement bunker. So says sim-you.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 19, 15:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That they are. The pet appears to be going up an invisible normal set of stairs and then pops to the correct ending point. It's weird, but a minor annoyance and worth the space saving when you have six sims, a dog, a womrat, and at least one on the way in a 8x8 house with basement bunker. So says sim-you.

All that in a two-level 8x8?  It sounds like hell to me.  You must be doing the Apocalypse Challenge.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: