More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:58:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Lot V-Awesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot V-Awesome  (Read 12098 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Lot V-Awesome
« on: 2007 July 01, 01:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually all that is "Awesome" about my lot is that I usually build boxes with more boxes and this time I did not. For myself this is a great stretch in my building skills. Of course I do humbly beg pardon for using "Awesome" in my title.

This is my house in Neighborhood View:

In case it isn't obvious.... here is the first floor with the walls down to really drive home the lovely shape of my beautiful home:

This is the living room... in the back over the garage you can also see the exercise room:

This is the kitchen, first floor bathroom and The Desk:

These are the grown-up bedrooms and one of two upstairs bathrooms:

These are the kids' rooms and the other of the bathrooms. Also the second foyer for the wardrobe stuff and storing of temporary stuff:

And finally, this is the backyard with a view of the crap storage area. Right now I just have a bed and clock in there for when the youngest child grows up. Oh, also a robot station that someone couldn't live without. This is also ample space for other crap that sims want and must have. I do not have a door on this room since I do not want the sims to bother this stuff:

Ugh.. I didn't realize I cut of so much of the corner of the backyard when I took this picture.

There is enough room in the backyard for a few orchard trees if you must have them. There is also enough room for a small veggie garden if you can't live without one of those too. There are also lots of places that the more artistically minded could put ye olde flower beds and what-not. I don't particularly like having too many plants around. The only plants on the lot right now are the Inge-type shrubs that should not be there when you load the lot as you won't load the custom stuff.

The neighborhood view puts this house at about $36,000. I think it cost around $50,000 when my original family moved in to test it. I don't know if the depreciation will be reversed on a whole new computer. I bought nice stuff, but not the nicest.

I tested this lot with a new couple who eventually had 3 children. The children made it into private school with points to spare. When I packaged the lot the oldest child was a teenager and the youngest was a toddler. The child got a cat for her pet and the cat was very happy in the house. We had fires and burglars and a lot of visitors. I did not throw a party, but I can see that there is plenty of room for a party on this lot and plenty for guests to do.

Practically speaking the lot works really well, actually, if you don't mind the sims dashing up and down stairs on a fairly regular basis.

We are having a thunderstorm which might result in a blackout so I am going to post this and then edit to include my lot and my bribe.

Okay... the file is located at the very end of this post. I have no idea when it finally decided to show... but it was sometime AFTER I found an alternate to rogepost. Wink :

For my bribe I would like to offer my very own self-sim, hitherto only seen in avatar shots, AND (for a limited time only) a beautiful picture of all the MATY sims that I have in my game getting burned alive in my very own V-Awesome home while Pescado cackles in the foreground.

* Lot V-Awesome.rar (1885.41 KB - downloaded 507 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 01, 02:20:54 by V » Logged

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Lot V-Awesome
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 01, 01:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AWESOME house, V.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 02, 00:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the V shape--apart from the thematic angle it makes for an attractive house, too.  Cheesy

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 12:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0.8 for aesthetics. It might have got more if the screenshots were day rather than night shots.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 18, 15:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bribe: 0.1
Functionality: 0.15
Scenarios: 0.15
Cost Effectiveness: 0.0
Expand 0.15
Physics: 0.75
Aesthetics: 0.8

Technical: 0.241
Total: 0.185

Correct Behaviors
Level Edges - Will Not Damage Neighborhood
Anti-Wolf Fencing
Short Distance For Mailbox->The One Desk, Not This This Matters...

Correctable Issues
Lot Price Damaged By Misuse of Ingelogical Shrub - Unsuitable For Public Consumption, Requires Hacking To Fix
Cat Condo Placement Not Fully Usable By Cat
Do Not Use Arches As Kitchen Entrances!

Fundamental Flaws
Lot Price Damaged By Misuse of Ingelogical Shrub - Unsuitable For Public Consumption, Requires Hacking To Fix
Cramped, Inefficient Layout Not Correctable Without Destroying Theme
No Nursery! No Place To PUT One!
Impossible To Go Upstairs Without Going Outside!
Visitors Not Confined To Viewing Deck, Will Get Stuck On Upstairs Landings
« Last Edit: 2007 August 18, 16:00:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 18, 16:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I win? Is this the lowest score anybody has ever gotten?

Did you charge me for correcting the Inge Shrub problem? Is the fix available to the public?

Did you not notice that you can move the furniture out of the kids' room and put baby furniture in there? That is what the bottom of the garage is for, you know. It is not a bedroom, it is a storage area for kid furniture.

Well when is the next building contest? I want to spruce up my beautiful house and make it more useful.

*V imagines an entire neighborhood of alphabet houses.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 18, 18:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOHHH! Alphabet houses!
Do we get assigned a letter, or will everyone be fighting for O?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 18, 19:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that could be fun! I bagsy 'E'  ('E' = Easy) Cheesy

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 19, 02:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would everyone want "O"?

Who else wants a letter? Do we have enough letters in the alphabet for all the MATY sims?

Do we have anybody who is any good at building houses to do this??

*V has proved she has no talent in the building department so should only be in charge of "Organdizing the Grand Plan".

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 19, 21:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V, O would be a box.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 19, 21:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like a challenge, so I'll take Q and I'll make sure the lot is flat this time.  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: