More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:41:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!  (Read 173753 times)
ieliminate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 05, 00:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that was the simmified version of The Hills Have Eyes then I don't want to see the real one. That was horrible. 24 pages of one-liners and half of it didn't make sense. 

Rape Count from that one: Indeterminable, there were too many rapes to count.

Why do these people think rape is the kind of crap to write a sims story about??

My Favorite Line from "The Hills Have Eyes":

Hannah:"No my clothes!"
Mutant:"mwahahaha!"

And of course the part about Bill being burnt in the bathroom.

I liked the sword fighting naked video, stupidity at it's best. The whole mistress being black was really, well racial stereotyping I guess...

« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 02:16:04 by ieliminate » Logged
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 05, 04:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a good one.  It's called Heaven's Garden.  I don't know what it's about.  After a couple of pages your brain locks up.
Heaven's Garden
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 04:27:20 by MajorMercedes » Logged

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 05, 04:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd wondered what this month's Awful contest would be - I thought we'd basically gone through all the types of custom content. Awful Stories - heh, I approve Grin. Well, I don't really - I wish some of these kids would learn to write. But it seems worthy that we mark the awfulness somehow. Shame we have stories and videos rolled into the same month's contest - I'd have thought there'd be enough of each to run them separately.

Oh, GOD, no. Who thought up this one? I am so not clicking any of those links. Poor Bangelnuts, I really pity her this month.
I dunno, she could always NOT VOLUNTEER this month Wink. I can't decide whether I want to volunteer to help judge, or simply find some awful stories of my own so avoid being called upon.

I nominate this one: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=159590

Title: Maid to the Devil
Description: Slavery, beating, rape... How does MElody pull through?

Screenshots will be added if/when it's yanked.
For what it's worth, this one at least features roughly correct spelling and grammar, unlike any of the others. Got to give it some positive points for that!

Here's a brand new and sensational story from the Exchange:

IM A DAMN GOOD MOHTER

I don't know if it's offensive enough ... but it's hilarious.
It's rather bizarre, because at the beginning the mother, Christina, is pregnant. Then the daughter, Quintasia (?!), collapses and the father, Max, finds out she is pregnant - even though she wasn't showing. Then suddenly Quintasia goes into labour and gives birth - to twins, of course - while her mum is still "5 months pregnate" (sic). Uh...

I also agree with the comments about the "patient room" upstairs.

Particularly "impressive"ly, this story features the wonder that is a kid not even managing to spell the names of their main characters consistently. Both Christina and Quintasia have typoed versions within the chapter. You will see this repeated throughout the Awful Stories.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 05, 05:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Bangelnuts may have suffered a fatal brain hemorrhage from all the awfulness, as she hasn't appeared in awhile and hasn't submitted her judging in last month's contest yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 05, 05:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a good one.  It's called Heaven's Garden.  I don't know what it's about.  After a couple of pages your brain locks up.
Heaven's Garden
Apparently it's about a woman who was raped and beaten repeatedly by her husband. She wanted a child but he didn't, so she escaped by gardening. One day she found a plantsim child and adopted her. Then she caught her husband having an affair, but for some reason she was jealous and upset by the fact he wasn't beating her as much (?). Finally she confronted him and he beat her so hard she died. But it was ok, because her child was in fact an angel, who took her to Heaven.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 05, 05:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The horrible part about it (beyond the obvious) is that they actually did quite a good job of portraying the trauma that rape induces. The only thing that ruined it completely was the ending. If it was just a shit video, it wouldn't have been worth being nominated. However, side from some technical issues, the video was (in my opinion) actually put together quite well, which just makes the contents that much worse.

What?!  I don't think it was terribly well put together.  1. Either choose a dress mesh for the female that doesn't make for such incredibly bad one sim going through the other effect or change them to naked (or shoot it from a perspective that doesn't show the male actually going through the skirt!).  2.  Editing problem, when she runs out angry near the end she's pregnant again for a few frames.  3. This doesn't really fit the category but it's still stupid, what's with the underwater shrubs?  Was the creator just *that* excited about moveobjects on?  Just because you can put something in the bottom of a pond doesn't mean that it looks good there.
Although I did think the smustle scene with just the mom and the son was kind of adorable.  But that's partially because the smustle is adorable.

The hills have eyes one was hysterical.  I liked the part with Bill.  Although I still think the winner for most complete incoherence is the weird murder one with the left nostril.  That one made my brain bleed the most so far.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 05, 06:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The time warp video was brilliant... perfect timing, perfect direction and it put a smile on my face. Only quibble was the 15secs of blank screen at the end, they could have just faded out once the credits ended.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 05, 06:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?!  I don't think it was terribly well put together.

Perhaps I should amend my previous statement: the video could have been a lot worse technically speaking. The flashback of the rape was a nice touch, the lingering shot on the pregnant belly and the camera angles that shot from the rapist's point-of-view when he was observing the family weren't that bad. I'm not saying this was a piece of cinematic mastery, but it's not like it was a mess of randomly shot videos spliced together with no regard for pacing and/or ambience. There were a lot of things that could have been improved on, but I've seen much worse.

The content still horrifies me, though.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 05, 06:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a plot?

Indeed  Grin.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 July 05, 11:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The horrible part about it (beyond the obvious) is that they actually did quite a good job of portraying the trauma that rape induces. The only thing that ruined it completely was the ending. If it was just a shit video, it wouldn't have been worth being nominated. However, side from some technical issues, the video was (in my opinion) actually put together quite well, which just makes the contents that much worse.

What?!  I don't think it was terribly well put together.  1. Either choose a dress mesh for the female that doesn't make for such incredibly bad one sim going through the other effect or change them to naked (or shoot it from a perspective that doesn't show the male actually going through the skirt!).  2.  Editing problem, when she runs out angry near the end she's pregnant again for a few frames.  3. This doesn't really fit the category but it's still stupid, what's with the underwater shrubs?  Was the creator just *that* excited about moveobjects on?  Just because you can put something in the bottom of a pond doesn't mean that it looks good there.
Although I did think the smustle scene with just the mom and the son was kind of adorable.  But that's partially because the smustle is adorable.

Yes! And how about that EVERY SINGLE SHOT was zooming in? Or that the watchout-rapist was vampire stalking? Or the SKIPPING rapists?

Oh, the huge manatee!

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 July 05, 11:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The time warp video was brilliant... perfect timing, perfect direction and it put a smile on my face. Only quibble was the 15secs of blank screen at the end, they could have just faded out once the credits ended.

It put a smile on my face too.  Perhaps someone could point the creator to this item from the April Whore Clothes contest.  The outfit was made for Rocky Horror videos, surely?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 July 05, 12:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaa too much food. Salt bad. *more food-related groaning* (page loads) Whoa! Yes, that was definitely made for Rocky Horror!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 July 05, 13:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were a lot of things that could have been improved on, but I've seen much worse.

So glad you added this last, hardly convincing sentence, because otherwise it looks like a pretty gung-ho defense of the whole rape thing.

Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 05, 13:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What surprised me was that the rape vid was made by a male. I'm used to every 13 year old girl making a rape story, and am not surprised when they end them with some sort of oh-he-raped-me-but-I-love-him-anyway-because-clearly-he-only-raped-me-because-he-loves-me-sooo-much crap-type endings.  Sigh, maybe I'll toddle off and see if I can find a male on male rape story or movie, just for comparisons sake....... unless one has been posted about already and I missed it .... though I think someone would have mentioned it

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 05, 14:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more exchange stories for me before breakfast. 

Or the SKIPPING rapists?
Yeah, the lighthearted, skipping rapists-very Clockwork Orange.

I blame soap operas for the sickening concept of rapist-turned-true love.
A prime example being General Hospital, where Luke raped Laura in the Disco and they went on to have fun-filled crime solving adventures and became America's favorite fantasy couple.  Roll Eyes

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 05, 15:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK this is an interesting one, slow voice overs and interesting graphics glitches, along with the blockiness... and there's a kind of plot, but it's a cliffhanger so watch out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbSIABzDKs&NR=1

ISTP
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 05, 16:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK this is an interesting one, slow voice overs and interesting graphics glitches, along with the blockiness... and there's a kind of plot, but it's a cliffhanger so watch out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbSIABzDKs&NR=1

At first the title sequence seemed too long, but after the first two sentences, I thought it could have been even longer - 2:49 minutes, to be exact. I didn't make it to the cliffhanger, so please let me know if I missed something Grin.

My favorite is "Diary of Pain and Loss", definitively:
"She play with her so her social bar doesn't go down too much" Thanks for not letting the readers forget that it's about The Sims.
Just like that one: "he forced to try for baby with him" Okay, not that funny in the context, but WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 17:37:23 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 July 05, 17:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What surprised me was that the rape vid was made by a male. I'm used to every 13 year old girl making a rape story, and am not surprised when they end them with some sort of oh-he-raped-me-but-I-love-him-anyway-because-clearly-he-only-raped-me-because-he-loves-me-sooo-much crap-type endings.  Sigh, maybe I'll toddle off and see if I can find a male on male rape story or movie, just for comparisons sake....... unless one has been posted about already and I missed it .... though I think someone would have mentioned it

Yeah, but the male on male are usually written by girls too. I had a yahoo group based rpg when I was younger. All the gay characters and love scenes were written by girls. The majority of the male characters were girls and the fan fiction they read involving male cannon characters in love were also by girls. For some damn reason pre-teen-early teen girls are obsessed with the romantic idea of rape. I blame the television, its romanticized everything. They are also just as interested getting hot guys in bed with other guys as any hormone crazed gay boy.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 July 05, 18:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No interest whatsoever in going digging for nominations for this just judging by what you all are finding. The official site should really have some sort of story submission filter. If it contains the word "rape" the upload should terminate, and their screen filled with that "Do Not Want" lolcat.

I hope---I really really hope---that the prevalence of this sort of thing is due to the fact that the kiddies don't understand the difference between rape and consentual sex. It's sad, but it's better than believing our society will be filled with a bunch of rapists in the next decade. Parents really have to start edumacating the kiddies early.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 July 05, 19:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were a lot of things that could have been improved on, but I've seen much worse.

So glad you added this last, hardly convincing sentence, because otherwise it looks like a pretty gung-ho defense of the whole rape thing.

Hmmm, since I haven't come up with a more convincing way of 'picking a fight with Ugly Butt' as per Pescado's instructions, I see you've taken it upon yourself to use the old tried and true 'anti-feminist' method to try to start things up again. Yawn. Boring! Can't we be a little more creative in our catfights for his amusement? Because [deity] knows that if you comment on a video's technical merit in a less-than-unfavorable way, that automatically means you approve of the content of it. Silly Ugly Butt.

On topic, though, I think the hardest part of this challenge is going to be finding offensive movies or stories that don't contain rape in some way, since it's a real-life trauma that doesn't occur in The Sims 2 (unlike certain death scenarios). One would likely have to wade through a whole shitload of stories to find one with the subject of murder that would be considered offensive and not just stupid, silly or ridiculous. Also, I would imagine that the stories/movies that contain the more objectionable material would likely be found on sites like LiveJournal, making it infinitely more difficult to hunt them down.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 19:31:03 by Denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 05, 20:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel I should add this one just for the WTF factor and for encouraging the little ones to add the reaper to the family The rocky horror show, with aliens and grim doing the time warp...
I really liked that. Considering we did the Time Warp at a friends Wedding however, thats hardly surprising ... :/ I'm a big dork.
It was well made and had allot of effort.
They should have a little chat with this person, whose attempt at something similar, failed.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3V3fLBYtO2k
This would be one of those things that I feel makes Tim Curry hate his involvement with that movie even more then he already does.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 21:16:13 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 05, 22:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay,this little gem features, not rape, but homophobia and patricide, and is thoroughly offensive in many ways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpmBBj15rpM

To sum up the 'plot', two small girls suspect dad has a gay lover, subsequently find dad in bed with said lover ((they even went to bed toguether!), kill them both, and live happily ever after Tongue.

The 'scenes' are so jumpy and jerky they are almost more nauseating than the story. I'm not clear on whether the wife is the one who went crazy, or the one in the Grand Vamp dress & I don't quite get how they 'killed' daddy-he just sort of....died.
Just plain awful in both concept and execution.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 05, 22:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gay incest. With subtitles. The dialogue is lacking and the "plot" is that the father and son whoohoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw3-Y6UHuks

and heres one that is actualy quite good. Bit of a WTF moment at first. The frog prince with sims2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwI2_M13FIg
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 22:37:20 by morriganrane » Logged

Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 05, 23:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not submitting this, since I just clicked the author page for one of the entries, but seriously, take a look at some of these stories.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=1804721&asset_type=story
My favourites are FaT cAmP!, The Bunny, and The Crumplebottom Story (blue carpet=water?).
This person succeeds in making cruel fun of fat people, retarded people, and homosexuals in some of the most horribly written, pointless stories I've ever encountered.  What beats me is how all these stories are rated four stars.  Huh
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 05, 23:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After watching a couple of more of cokedude8's offerings I'm beginning to think that 'The Hills Have Eyes' was one of his better efforts. If it wasn't for the fact he claims to be in 8th grade and 1312 then I'd suspect he's been on something rather more hallucinogenic than coke.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: