More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 09:36:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  2 small, albeit annoying problems... advice anyone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 small, albeit annoying problems... advice anyone?  (Read 4513 times)
LordBanxter
Asinine Airhead

Simocidal Psychopath

View Profile
2 small, albeit annoying problems... advice anyone?
« on: 2007 June 30, 15:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Unimportant preface:  I recently scrapped about 2 yrs worth of play time and reinstalled everything from scratch due to various things that I didn't know were wrong when I did them, the last straw being when the lots on one whole side of a street just vanished, so this install is only about 1.5-2 months old)

1)  No teen anywhere in any of my neighborhoods can go to university by using the phone, they can call for scholarship stuff, but no option about "go to college".  I can however, send them off to Uni from the neighborhood screen, so this one isn't even that big of a deal, just irritating.

2)  One teen female that I have (a downloaded Jessica Alba sim that I aged back to teen in CAS) keeps rolling up wants to talk to herself/play with herself/{insert action here} with herself.  I can't recall if this was happening before I installed H&Mgarbage (actual disk, no arrrrr on this one) but if it was, I didn't notice it.

I'm not using any phone-type hacks that would interfere with the Uni fiasco, so I'm puzzled on that one, but my main concern is whether that sim constantly wanting to talk/interact with herself is a possible bad thing?

baaaaaa in advance...
 Undecided

Johnny was a chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2S04
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: 2 small, albeit annoying problems... advice anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 30, 16:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using inteen?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
LordBanxter
Asinine Airhead

Simocidal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 30, 17:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using inteen?

I was for a while, took it out this morning while trying to figure out what's causing this, and it's still doing it without inteen in there.

*shrug*

Johnny was a chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2S04
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 20:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, sims have never been able to move out using the phone, even to go to Uni. For that, you must use a newspaper or computer, or move them to college via the neighbourhood screen.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 02, 21:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think i remember the playing with self having to do with the hand held game boy thing.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 02, 21:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine always use the phone to move to and from Uni. Normal moves are only computer/newspaper.

Morriganrane, yeah, I heard that too. I believe there's a fixie in the director's cut for it, but my sims don't get any electronics but the cell phone so I've never needed it. Pleasure sims usually get an MP3 player, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 02, 21:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, sims have never been able to move out using the phone, even to go to Uni. For that, you must use a newspaper or computer, or move them to college via the neighbourhood screen.

Nope -- as Zaz said, using the phone to move to Uni or head back home works just fine (though you usually have to use the Lot Debugger to kill the 'stuck move-out' when they're leaving Uni before calling).  The newspaper/computer has to be used for moving out of a house, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: