More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:02:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't Install Lot File
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't Install Lot File  (Read 3808 times)
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't Install Lot File
« on: 2007 July 29, 22:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to install a particular lot for three days now and it is not showing up in-game using clean installer. Using the default installer I got this message:

I have all ep's/sp's, so how would I go about figuring out which one is missing data? Would I need to do a complete re-install?
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Can't Install Lot File
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 29, 22:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a lot does't show up for me in game (and I know I have all the EP/SP's) I go to the teleport folder and see if it's in there. If it is, delete it. Reinstall with the cleaninstaller clicking on  the little house icon in the upper right (can't remember the name..I think it's lot segment only). It usually shows up for me after doing that.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 30, 00:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were files were in the teleport folder, 32 of them to be exact Huh I only tried to install two lots. I deleted them and installed once again and they're still not showing up.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 30, 01:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a link to a wiki article about forcing lot installations....

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU9

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 30, 05:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of ironic. One of your lots was one that I had to use the force install on! I really wanted Contempo and it took me a few tries, but the cleaninstaller trick did it for me.  Kiss

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 30, 08:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, that's a good link Khaki! I've bookmarked that one for sure.

Another thing I found in my own game, is that it doesn't like apostrophes in the filename. I went through a bed'n'breakfast type naming phase and had endless troubles installing lots. When I tried renaming one a little while ago, it seemed to work fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 30, 09:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that too, witch. It's frustrating until you realize that it just won't work, no matter what. I like labeling files in a precise/concise manner but have learned to bow to the god/esses of file naming. I don't like it, but I manage. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 30, 10:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  Yah, I had a lot of questions in my contempo thread from people having trouble with installation...  but I had no answers for anyone... I think I eventually put a link in the contempo thread, or maybe a link to a link to that page...  It happens to me to allatime, CleanInstaller in general drives me fucking nuts. And every now and then I still end up using the stupid maxis installer and it renames all the cc files... and I've had problems with all sorts of symbols in my file names... there's a list somewhere on MTS2 in some thread of all the symbols folks have had problems with... I had once made a whole bunch of resized floor patterns and named them, in homecrafter, names with the %  symbol... course in the downloads folder it was named floor_38854090 or something, but when I tried to organize the files with clean installer, it read the % symbol and went crashy on me. Fucking cleaninstaller....  Angry

theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 31, 19:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a link to a wiki article about forcing lot installations....

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU9

Thanks Khaki for that link, I should have checked here first before I spent the last couple of days uninstalling and reinstalling  Shocked. It still says that I have missing ep data, but at least know what to do from now on.

Edited: Because I quoted the wrong post  Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 July 31, 20:15:15 by theherbalbody » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: