More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:57:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving Sims to a new hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving Sims to a new hood  (Read 2451 times)
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Moving Sims to a new hood
« on: 2007 December 08, 02:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search and found a thread about this very subject, but I got this warning when I started to reply.
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
  I took the warning for what it was worth, so here I am.

I have a tiny hood ( 12 sims total) that I want to move. I've tried moving the sims into the family bin and placing them into their new hood with no luck. I tried packaging up their houses with them in it to get them from one hood to another and still didn't have any luck as they remained stuck in the their old hood. It was suggested that I start a shopping district and move them there, so I tried that as well. That didn't work either.  If all of that wasn't aggravating enough, I've read that by moving sims from one place to another causes a mass effect of sim memories, friends, ect.. to be duplicated which I don't know if that's fact or fiction.  Tongue

In the old thread it was suggested to use SimPE, but SimPE hasn't been updated to work with BV so I feel like I'm stuck between a shit, a fart, and gas.  I can either just deal with the hood they are in and wait until who knows when for SimPE to be updated. Try to move them by some other means { I have no idea what that would be}  and mess up my game entirely or just say the hell with it and start all over again. I haven't caused any major upheaval in my game except for one household. They offered to be my test subjects as long as it didn't hurt. Currently they are back in the house that they came from that has nothing in it. It was either quit while I was ahead, or toss my games out the window.  I opted to quit...

Any thoughts on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Moving Sims to a new hood
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 08, 02:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving sims to another neighborhood is the quickest way to infest your game with bugs of all sorts.

You should either do terrain surgery (tutorial in War Room) or clone them. You need SimPE for both.

There's a thread around here somewhere that offers the BV-updated SimPE for download. Search for the keywords "SimPE QA".

Fail.
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Moving Sims to a new hood
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 08, 02:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

I'll read the tut on terrain surgery and find that thread.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: