More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:01:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  RomanceMod & NOT being appropriately distressed...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: RomanceMod & NOT being appropriately distressed...  (Read 2824 times)
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
RomanceMod & NOT being appropriately distressed...
« on: 2007 June 26, 03:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I'm generally happy with what the RomanceMod brings to the party, but I've noticed some changed behavior that I'd rather not have.  Here's the case:

Without RomanceMod, and with & without Mary-Sue home: Daniel kisses Katlynn in front of Angela.  Angela goes into "watched distressed" state, and her relationships with Daniel and Katlynn plummet to -20 as a result of it all.

With RomanceMod, and without Mary-Sue Home: Daniel kisses Katlynn in front of Angela.  No reaction from Angela, and no change to relationships.

With RomanceMod, and with Mary-Sue Home: Daniel kisses Katlynn in front of Angela.  Angela DOESN'T go into "watched distressed" state, but her relationships do change for the worse like before - it's just not really announced.

Well, I think being caught by the teens adds something to the game.  I like how Katlynn doesn't spaz out when Daniel kisses his own wife home from work, but I miss the seeing the "watched distressed" reaction from when a family member witnesses some cheating.

Would it be hard to add this special case back into the mod?  I'd like: children/teens distressing when witnessing their committed parents cheating.  I'd like: parents (grandparents) of sims who in committed relationships (engaged or married) to spaz if cheating is witnessed.  But I wouldn't like: parents spazing out at teens who are going steady with someone having some fun with another Sim for the night.

Well, that's about it.  It's not super critical for me to get this added, but it would be nice.

TG
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: RomanceMod & NOT being appropriately distressed...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 26, 03:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Angela actually like her parents? If she doesn't actually like them in the first place, she won't care what they do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 26, 03:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow!

I didn't realize it was as complicated as that.  And no, she doesn't really like them a lot just yet... just 25/100.  So, I'll go back to playing and hopefully do some justice to the mod before writing back.

Sorry for the false alarm.
TG
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 26, 07:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original hissy-fit spaz code made even less sense, as it would eventually result in reactions where a sim would go ballistic at two total strangers flirting with each other for no apparently logical reason, in a bizarrely surreal, "I have no idea who you two people are, but I am deeply distressed by you two flirting with each other, in spite of the fact that I am a lecherous pig" way.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 07:41:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: