More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:27:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Accelerated degree program?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Accelerated degree program?  (Read 4427 times)
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Accelerated degree program?
« on: 2005 October 07, 19:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to VioletKitty411's "The Kittys Go To College" story, some sims can skip semesters by taking several finals in a row.  Two of her sims had the option to take finals again, and again, and again, and graduated college in just a few sim days.

I like this bug.  How do I get it? 
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Accelerated degree program?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 07, 19:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She could be using TJ's college adjuster. You can add skill points, change your semester grade and GPA, and set the number of hours until the final with it (and a bunch more stuff) so your Sims don't need to go to class or do any work to graduate with honors. You can download it here. If it's a bug, it sure beats the usual not getting credit/move yer butt home bugs in Uni!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 07, 20:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VioletKitty411 says she doesn't use hacks.  Her early graduations, according to her, were game glitches.

Maybe it has something to do with skills.  The students who graduated early were fully skilled.

Has this happened to anyone else, with a hack-free game?

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 07, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, interesting! I haven't read the story (maybe I should have done that first) so I wasn't aware she isn't using hacks. Most of my Sims are fully skilled when they go through Uni and it hasn't happened to me. I'd be interested in finding out how it's done as well.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 07, 20:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that glitch once in a hack-free game. No matter how I tried, I couldn't replicate it. It actually worked out good because the girl was a couple of grades behind her boyfriend and after the glitch, they wound up only a semester apart.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 07, 23:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, that used to happen for me to at least one sim per household during freshman year. Every single time.

They were always, always born-in-games, and never townies or CAS's.

I use Pescado's clock though, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that "problem" with it.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 08, 15:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen with the Final Exam bug. Since she doesn't use hacks... it could be the cause. However, unless her sims were well-skilled to begin with, they wouldn't be getting very good grades. I had some sims with reasonable skills and they managed a 2.8 GPA after I kept sending them back to their finals with the bug. After I got the fix, never happened again.  Smiley
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 08, 21:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is part of the Final Exam bug and has to do with (generally) too many character files which causes the too many iterations, which makes the game hiccup. If you run the game in debug mode, it'll generate a nice long error file. It may seem like a good thing, but you don't want this bug. It is telling you that something is about to 'splode your game into a fiery ball visible from outer space. This is why the hack is on Jeff's "critical fixes" list. If your friend is having this bug on a regular basis her game is probably in serious trouble.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 09, 12:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this before and quite honestly it is not a good thing b/c the sim doesn't have a chance to get their grades up or build skill points in between...at least that's how it worked in my game.  It always leads to them failing that final exam and being put on academic probation although the semesters continue on as normal.  It moves them through uni fast but I use hacks to move them fast through it anyways and this bug is just frusturating if you end up with it multiple times.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: