More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:12:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Flamingo Crams 9 Sims onto a 2x2 Lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flamingo Crams 9 Sims onto a 2x2 Lot  (Read 13894 times)
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Flamingo Crams 9 Sims onto a 2x2 Lot
« on: 2007 June 24, 15:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, just as the title says, this house was built on a 2x2 lot and can house up to nine Sims. Not only that, but each person/couple should get their own bedroom, except in the unlikely event that you get twins. Even then, the cribs are in seperate rooms.

This house was built as closely to Awesomespec spec as possible with the size restrictions. It should provide decent protection in the event of a bugulary and fire. The main upstairs room, the dining room, and the main hallway should all be shown to the headmaster. Food serving has been optimized so that serving platter is placed where Sims will have easy access to it, the dining room. There is a way to increase every skill. Driveway is indoors. Extra attic space for storage. The house can easily be expanded upward, and the replacement of roofs can be done with autoroofing without harming aesthetic quality. The lot is protected by an barrier, not that the dogs would be able to dig anyway. Macro Caffeinating is done painlessly quick.

Five Bedrooms.
Four Bathrooms.
One Nursery.
One Greenhouse.
2x2 Lot.
All yours for under $80,000! ($79,950)

Pictures are pretty much for layout and don't particularly showcase my designing. Viewing in-game may provide a better idea of its aesthetics.

Neighborhood view:

Outside lot view:

Layout:

Side view, walls down:

Bribe: I will edit ten pictures or create five textures of whatever you want me to. I will do any combination, as long as it adds up to ten, where editing a picture is worth one and creating a texture is worth two (three textures, four pictures, etc.).

Edit: Forgot the bribe. Decreased lot cost. Added more functional awesomeness. Lowered download size.

Note: WinRAR will unzip .7z format.

* Flamingo's Awesome House.zip (1.48 KB - downloaded 497 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 June 24, 18:30:37 by Flamingo » Logged
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Flamingo Crams 9 Sims onto a 2x2 Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 24, 17:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This house was built as closely to Awesomespec spec as possible with the size restrictions.

Interesting layout, but The One Desk could easily be downstairs in the hall, thereby closer to the school bus stop/garage, and therefore closer to awesomespec, I believe.

autoroofing without harming aesthetic quality

Is there really such a thing as this?

Questions:

Do sims prepare meals on the counter over the dishwasher in the dining room, then return to the kitchen to cook?

Does the cheat-placed garage function properly, meaning the garage door opens when it should, and car does not teleport?  If it does work, how was it done?

Nice job containing the cost.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 24, 17:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting layout, but The One Desk could easily be downstairs in the hall, thereby closer to the school bus stop/garage, and therefore closer to awesomespec, I believe.

Yeah, I forgot about The One Desk, unfortunately. Thankfully, they won't have any desire to put stuff on it, seeing as it is covered.

My new version has an open desk for Sims to do whatever they want with closer to the entrance.

Is there really such a thing as this?

Yes, I only used the autoroof tool to put a roof on the building. Tongue

Do sims prepare meals on the counter over the dishwasher in the dining room, then return to the kitchen to cook?

No, actually. They use the food processor in the kitchen, cook it on the stove, and serve in the dining room. At least, they should.
Okay! I've been playing too much of TS1. Yes, they prepare meals in the dining room.

Does the cheat-placed garage function properly, meaning the garage door opens when it should, and car does not teleport?  If it does work, how was it done?

The garage door functions, but the car won't be showing any animations. I actually prefer it this way, seeing as it saves time.

Nice job containing the cost.

Thanks. I actually like the cost the most.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 24, 18:25:54 by Flamingo » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 25, 23:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if AwesomeSpec is easier to do on a 1x3 lot. Anyway, this is pretty close. I just don't get why people use long tables with lots of chairs. The shitty Maxis code can't handle serving to anything aside from a 1x1 table under serious traffic conditions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 26, 01:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I use 1x3 tables, I always remove the chair in the upper right and lower left corners of the table, since there's no real point in having 8 chairs as there will only ever be 6 plates, and this seems to greatly improve traffic flow by making sure every single square of the table is "reachable" from an empty square.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 26, 08:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. But even when you do that, you still have the between-chair areas where a sim can get caught by a stalker, unable to escape until the stalker moves out of the way.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 27, 03:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urmmm... I do the long tables because invariably after a party some lazy sim slob will go straight to bed, leaving dirty dishes on the table. The same lazy sim will arise in the morning to fix breakfast, without clearing the table first, and in need of a clean spot to put his plate.     Tongue
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 27, 08:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the blue-white thing in the top left corner of the plan?

ISTP
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 27, 08:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Garden plot with sprinkler.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 27, 12:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the long table because I've used one before. I typically do it just for effect, like during parties and such, but I normally have my Sim serve food and not everyone will be hungry enough to eat. Those that aren't hungry can sit down anyway, as most of the guests will be eating, and it would be a decent way to socialize.

It isn't absolutely necessary to have such a large table, but if everyone had to use it at once, at least you'd have it.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 02, 12:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.0 for aesthetics.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 02, 19:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my sims throw parties, I have one sim serve a meal, and another serve gelatin. That way, sims who are only slightly hungry will eat the gelatin, whilst those who are more hungry will eat the real food. This also keeps visitors from raiding the fridge in houses that do not have locked kitchens (with TJ's 'food already available' mods), as there is always food available.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 12, 12:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bribe: 0.3
Functionality: 0.9
Scenarios: 0.8
Cost Effectiveness: 1.3
Expand 0.6
Physics: 1.0
Aesthetics: 1.0

Technical: 0.908
Total: 0.665

Correct Behaviors
Level Edges - Will Not Damage Neighborhood
Anti-Wolf Fencing

Correctable Issues
Stair Placement Bad For Visitor Containment: Try Reversing And Walling
One Desk Confusion Risk Due To Multiple Desks

Fundamental Flaws
Nursery Too Cramped

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: