More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:37:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Accessory Bin Types
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Accessory Bin Types  (Read 14954 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Accessory Bin Types
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 22, 19:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

certain hats, bandannas, et cetera work pretty well with horns, and sometimes even with cat ears. Plus I like to make horned cat-eared people once in a while.

Also, what about the ear-and-tail combination sets? the way the ones I have are set up now, they get overridden by ears and by tails (from the same creator)...
OK then, I guess a "Side of Head" slot for the horns will work. As far as the specialty items, that's why there's the ability to make custom bin IDs. Tongue

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 22, 21:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've stopped using custom accessory meshes since Pets broke them.  Did something get fixed with Seasons?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 22, 21:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK then, I guess a "Side of Head" slot for the horns will work. As far as the specialty items, that's why there's the ability to make custom bin IDs. Tongue

Why not just call it "Horns"?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 22, 22:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've stopped using custom accessory meshes since Pets broke them.  Did something get fixed with Seasons?

SOMETHING has fixed them. I don't know what exactly did it, but I no longer have any flashing accessories. I'm hesitant to say that Seasons fixed it because I think I still had some flashing stuff after Seasons, but I've made so many changes to my game (installed all new patches, installed Celebrations, etc.), that it's impossible to say when exactly the stuff stopped flashing.

Fail.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 23, 08:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had more problems than anyone with flashing blue accessories, but a complete re-install and cereful use have so far fixed it for me.
The only thing that still flashes are the occational vampire teeth.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 23, 11:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ears need more than one slot - I don't just mean for adding Elf ears, but also so you can wear more than one earring at a time. Same for nose, it needs left nostril, right nostril and um... the center, I forget what it's called. There's chin piercings and lip piercings and you can pierce lips in more than one place also - either upper or lower and left, right, center. I know that's a lot of slots, but when I was doing a vampire/zombie/gothy thing, I really enjoyed the piercings and that they overlay so you can make ms. spikeyhead or whatever.

Oooh, I can fix it somehow so the accessories don't flash blue? I should reinstall and get the Seasons patch (the one with just 3 things in it - I haven't installed that one yet) and what's meant by "careful use"? Anything else I should do? I don't have the last stuffit pack either - has that changed something?

Unsouper
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 23, 11:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snip] Same for nose, it needs left nostril, right nostril and um... the center, I forget what it's called. [snip]

Frenulum or septum? lol I know it's one of those.. can't be bothered at this time of morning with digging up the descriptions of which is which.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 23, 11:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had more problems than anyone with flashing blue accessories, but a complete re-install and cereful use have so far fixed it for me.
The only thing that still flashes are the occational vampire teeth.

Same here.

I still get the occasional necklace / teeth blue flashing issues, but a trip to the mirror fixes them. It's such a waste of time, though.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 23, 16:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized you said a complete reinstall - so not just Seasons? ugh... maybe I don't want accessories that much Smiley

Unsouper
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 24, 01:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snip] Same for nose, it needs left nostril, right nostril and um... the center, I forget what it's called. [snip]

Frenulum or septum? lol I know it's one of those.. can't be bothered at this time of morning with digging up the descriptions of which is which.

Septum.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 24, 04:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized you said a complete reinstall - so not just Seasons? ugh... maybe I don't want accessories that much Smiley

Well, mine are fixed and I didn't do a reinstall. But I did have to reinstall Glamour after my game somehow managed to delete it.

Fail.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 24, 09:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My blue flashing stopped when I installed Seasons. I installed Seasons and the Seasons Patch at the same time before running the game, so I don't know which part fixed it.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 24, 17:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue  Now I think I want Seasons.  Dammit.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 25, 05:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My blue flashing stopped when I installed Seasons. I installed Seasons and the Seasons Patch at the same time before running the game, so I don't know which part fixed it.

I have all EPs, including Seasons, and still get flashing vamp teeth. He had not been played since before Pets, however, so maybe now that he has been played, it will stop, but I have my doubts. I also still get blue necklaces.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 25, 06:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter just set up The Sims in the other room for herself. I gave her my downloads folder to copy, so the 2 installations should be the same. But she is having trouble with flashing accessories. So I guess that Seasons didn't fix anything after all.

I have also been having problems with the terrain looking like a mirror from certain distances, unless there is an object on that square. I found that changing the default Refresh setting from 75 to 85 fixed it for me. I don't know if it is doing anything useful for the blue flashing stuff or not. Since the two computers The Sims are on in my house are almost identical, (same video card, etc.) I'm going to see if I can find the difference as to why my flashing stopped by hers is evident.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 25, 17:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there were some way to make the item show up on the thumbnail when it's a non-head item..

Snowstorm made a tutorial about custom thumbnails for accessories http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=194145, I don't think it was mentioned  - now I wish all accessory creators knew about it, and well, I still have to update my own stuff >_<

Else I agree that a standard for binning would be nice; in theory, I don't see why I would use more than one pair of glasses or such even given the possibility, but when creating a sim and trying on stuff I often end up losing time going back to remove an unwanted item. Now good luck with making it a general practice... For now I'm rather surprised that there isn't more conflicts with stuff simply using the original bin codes. But if there is a standard, and if I make more accessories, I'll happily use it.

Oh, about horns - people like to combine different kinds that don't work too bad together, like big horns in the middle with smaller ones on the sides (but I think i saw 3 pairs once).
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 26, 11:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, about horns - people like to combine different kinds that don't work too bad together, like big horns in the middle with smaller ones on the sides (but I think i saw 3 pairs once).

It was by q3tbo on MTS2. It's cool to be able to combine three to four different types of accessories for fantasy sims like tails, ears, horns, piercings, etc, but overlapping glasses is ridiculous, and I know I had a couple of nails meshes that overlapped. That was just weird.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
TheVanity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 27, 03:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, this is a terrific idea...it would be especially helpful to new creators, since there are any number of questions that are hard to find answers to, like the binning codes, etc. I am NOT the person to do it, since I don't know jack about it.

Thanks, and the thing is, these days there's utilities or SimPE plugins that can do practically everything I mentioned quickly and easily.  It would just be a matter of getting them into peoples' hands from the very beginning, along with the message "This is how this is done."

This is one of the cleverest idea of the history of the ideas. Granted, it won't be easy as the color bin campaign wasn't easy, but, eventually, more and more people will hear about it and adher to the cause, and even if the creator doesn't accessory bin their goodies, the downloaders will.   
We just need to spread the word. Maybe creating a big, fat announcement on the main forums throughout the sim community?
I would gladly help this shiny plan to take off  Smiley 

I would humbly suggest to begin setting the standards and writing an easy "how to update" for downloaders and another "what are the bin #'s" for creators. 
« Last Edit: 2007 June 27, 05:46:52 by TheVanity » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 27, 07:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great idea the slots, it's also maybe the most tested solution so far, in similar issue (think of MUD codes, or MMORPG).

I don't know if it is possible, but granted that the accessories matters for turnon/turnoffs, may one decide if that specific accessory will act as a eyeglasses turnon or not? I think e.g. at hats as accessories, or other similar stuff.
If the bin matters, then it should be possible to set their effect in NL and eventually correct.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: