More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:21:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Uni+LS Career LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni+LS Career LTWs  (Read 94967 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Uni+LS Career LTWs
« on: 2007 June 20, 20:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uni_ltws_sns.zip

Required:
ltwvariety.zip

Required For LS Career LTWs:
ls_career_entertainment.zip
ls_career_gamedev.zip

Uni+LS Career LTWs for TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Squinge the Non-Awesome
Fat Gwilly People

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Minimalist package adding/enabling Uni career LTWs. Also will enable LS career
conversion LTWs IF you have them and have installed LTWvariety.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2Seasons+Uni ONLY.
Do not use in any other version of the game. Don't even think about trying it.

KNOWN ISSUES:
LS careers do not generate an LTW memory. Blame EAxis, LS doesn't have them.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 14, 03:32:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Uni+LS Career LTWs
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 20, 20:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the two careers overwrite the Seasons careers of the same/similar name, or are these added on so that there are 2 types of entertainment and gamer careers?

If they overwrite, what advantages are there to doing so?

The RTFM leads me to think that it is an overwrite since it talks about the possibly of the career reverting to the Seasons version after installation. At first, I thought it was for enabling these careers for those who don't have Seasons, but the first post clearly states we must have Seasons.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 20, 20:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet!  Thanks for this!  I are gonna try it as soon as I get home.  What an awesome idea, taking the Careers AND LTWs from Sims Stories and hax0ring it into TS2.  I'm glad you thought of it! Wink

Do the two careers overwrite the Seasons careers of the same/similar name, or are these added on so that there are 2 types of entertainment and gamer careers?

If I understand your meaning, the two LS careers are separate and totally different than any of the new careers from Seasons.  I believe it is game dev vs. gamer, and Entertainment vs. Musician or whatever the other one is. Tongue

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 20, 20:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RTFM leads me to think that it is an overwrite since it talks about the possibly of the career reverting to the Seasons version after installation. At first, I thought it was for enabling these careers for those who don't have Seasons, but the first post clearly states we must have Seasons.
It was speculated that this could potentially happen, but it didn't, and the careers remain seperate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 20, 23:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to sound n00bish here, but is this hack ok to use if you don't have the LS careers installed?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 21, 00:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to sound n00bish here, but is this hack ok to use if you don't have the LS careers installed?
Yes, installing the LS careers is optional. They should not appear if you don't have them installed.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 21, 13:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks. Smiley Mind you, I might just add the LS careers now they can get the LTWs. Gonna see how it works on the uni ones first.

[edit] Just thought, what if your sim didn't go to uni and gets one of the uni careers as the LTW? Can it happen, or do only the graduates get these new LTWs?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 21, 13:52:04 by Emma » Logged

BambuLimey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 21, 14:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be a "life sucks, and then you're raped by wild boars" scenario.

In my last hood, 3 sims out of CAS had the "Become Cult Leader" LTW. In my current hood, I'm running Syberspunk's Uni careers hack, and 2 of my first CAS sims have the LTWs of "Business Tycoon" and "Chief Of Staff" - both now impossible for non-graduates.

There's always the Lot Debugger, should this happen, and you don't feel like having those sims never Permaplat.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 21, 14:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[edit] Just thought, what if your sim didn't go to uni and gets one of the uni careers as the LTW? Can it happen, or do only the graduates get these new LTWs?

I would imagine that they do not require Uni.  Since Life Stories doesn't have Uni built in (at least, I don't think it does).  So those jobs should be available to non graduates.  Unless you are using my unicareershack, which I included the entertainment and gamedev careers, but require a specific education for gamedev.

As BambuLimey points out, if you are using my hack, you may run into dead end situations like these (having Career related LTWs that can't be fulfilled, in particular if you have CAS born sims).  But, that would happen even without my hack, if you are using this one, since your CAS sims could also get the uni careers, and thus still be at a dead end.  Unless Pescado added checks for that?  I dunno.  There were also issues with say Elder Family sims who would get wants to have X children or what not, and couldn't do it, naturally at least, since they are past the child bearing age.  But I think Pescado fixed that with LTWVariety now, so that shouldn't happen.

I think it would be possible to add checks in the BHAV for each career track that requires Uni to see if a sim has actually graduated.  I don't know if Pescado's LTWVariety hack already checks for this...

And of course, you could always use the Lot Debugger or the Renuyu Orb thingy to reroll the LTW.

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 21, 17:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ste, I think I will just re-roll if any of them get any LTWs they can't fulfill unless they are already permaplat. In that case, then they die Grin

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 21, 19:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course, you could always use the Lot Debugger or the Renuyu Orb thingy to reroll the LTW.
Or the paper and boolProp to force them into the career track anyways.

That's what I did for Igor. I wanted him to unlock Enviro Sciences since it just made sense that a robot could do stuff with the toxic soil without croaking. Since technically servos get all the skill points, aspirations, and badges that their initiator does, it made sense for him to have the knowledge that goes with a Bio major. The creator and the iniator both had Bio degrees.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 21, 19:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be neat if a generic check could be added for each Career related LTW, for sims who are adults, to see if they:

1) graduated and
2) have a major that matches the career, if it is required, as defined by the BCONs.

Of course, this might be a pain, since you'd have to be able to identify the career (maybe hard coding it as a param passing it to the generic BHAV), and finagle it so you could "read" the career BCONs.  I'm also not sure if, sims who have graduated from Uni, still have their sim data set as whatever major they finished with, or if that gets erased/reset.

I was also wondering... since it is possible to create custom memories... would there be a way to create LTW career related custom memories for the LS careers?  I mean, one could theoretically clone another LTW memory and just change all the appropriate text.  But I don't know if this requires some more hax0ring to actually get the memory "plugged in" so they work with the rest of the code.  I vaguely recall it being an indecipherable hot mess when I helped fix the Artist (I think it was) career with Squinge's hack.  As per usual, I didn't take any notes Tongue so I wouldn't even remember how things hook up together.  I just remember that there were certain files where you had to set the GUIDs properly here and there, and they weren't just normal BHAV resources.  It took me a crazy ass long time to figure it out, but I think it was just a case of a typo, where a B was there instead of an 8 (or vice-versa).  Anyhew... I was just wondering if it were at all possible to add custom memories?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 21, 19:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's POSSIBLE to create LTW memories, but as the stringset info and icons are entirely lacking, and I lack the ability to create them, it's beyond me. The GUIDs for doing so actually exist, but for some reason Maxis omitted those objects from objects.package. If someone has actually filled those LTWs playing LS, let me know if the memories are entirely missing from the file.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 21, 20:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the icons... I nominate SaraMK for attempting to extract them from LS (if they exist).  Otherwise, i nominate someone who has the skills of an artist, like or very own resident, themaltesebippy. Cheesy

It would be great if someone who has (or acquired) LS could test it out and attempt to fill those LTWs and see if a memory is generated.

Incidentally... The Sims Pet Stories should have been released by now.  Anyone know if it is acquireable and/or if there are any new objects and/or careers that are worth extracting?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 21, 20:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, Syberspunk, the memories, texts, and icons don't exist, making extracting of them impossible, unlike the Uni LTW memories, which did exist, but just weren't enabled.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 22, 13:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, made this CAS adult sim and this is what showed up on the LTW panel.

Is it supposed to do that?

[edit] Ok, just changed aspiration on an existing adult sim, and the information was all correct, no '§careertrack career'. Weird. It was for one of the original careers though, don't know if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 23, 08:26:08 by Emma » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 23, 22:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. That's the LS career. Did you have it installed or not? It shouldn't have appeared if you didn't. Did you also not install LTWvariety? There's a check tree there that is used to detect the presence of the LS careers (and not pop up those wants if you do not have them installed).

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 24, 06:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have either of those installed. I'll install them both now.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 24, 06:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have either of those installed. I'll install them both now.
LTWvariety is what controls the hooks to whether an LTW is "sane" and available". You need it so that the BHAV test can detect that the LS careers do not exist and not offer them up as LTWs.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 25, 17:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I thought I'd had it installed already, but it wasn't there. It's installed now, and so are the LS careers and the LTW panel is displaying correctly now. TVM Smiley

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 10, 11:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A stupid question:

What are the perks of these careers that ppl are going through the trouble of converting them to be installed in TS2? Also, do you get a careerreward too?

Just wondering if it's worth having these two carrers in my game alongside the seasons ones.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 10, 12:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're fully featured careers with chancecards and aspiration objects. And they have LTWs.

These careers are not in Seasons. Game Development and Gamer are quite different. As are Entertainment and Music.

So the perks are they work just like Maxis careers (except they lack a teenelder track). There are very few CC careers which offer aspiration objects, and only the best of them have chance cards and Maxis-like descriptions (many seem to use a first-person writing style or retardo-English/Netspeak). And no custom career I know of has an LTW.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 10, 12:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the info,

I guess I'll pass on these then. If I ever have the time to make a test game then I'll prolly come back to download but I'm happy with the current careers. Actually since OFB and with Seasons adding more things to sell, I'm finding these careers kind of boring and becoming useless, since there's much more fun ways to earn money in game. I mainly let my sims play them to get the careerewards without having to cheat.

Greets and such.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 10, 14:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of, anybody happen to know where to snag the basic data about those careers online? GameFAQs fails at Sims-related stuff (even the Prima guides are better).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 11, 08:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's POSSIBLE to create LTW memories, but as the stringset info and icons are entirely lacking, and I lack the ability to create them, it's beyond me. The GUIDs for doing so actually exist, but for some reason Maxis omitted those objects from objects.package. If someone has actually filled those LTWs playing LS, let me know if the memories are entirely missing from the file.

I have played the Entertainment Career in LS but there is no LTW Memory when reaching the Top, so it must be missing.

Edit: Addet a ZIP with the LTW memory icons. Made them myself so not so shiny as maxis ones.

Edit2: dont download the zip at the end of this post until you are a modder wo likes to make a LTW for the LS Careers.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 15, 21:47:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: