More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:21:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Sims 2: Holiday Edition and Happy Holiday Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims 2: Holiday Edition and Happy Holiday Stuff  (Read 6207 times)
Savory_Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
The Sims 2: Holiday Edition and Happy Holiday Stuff
« on: 2007 June 20, 01:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering what the difference between the two were. I have the holiday edition, but not happy holiday stuff. Can someone tell me the difference?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: The Sims 2: Holiday Edition and Happy Holiday Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 20, 01:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the Holiday Edition includes the base game, and the Stuff is an add-on for the folks that already have the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 20, 01:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What he said.

And the 2006 versions of each have stuff the 2005 versions don't.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Savory_Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 20, 02:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so basically theyre the same exact thing? meaning if i want an outfit and it requires happy holiday stuff, i can download it because i technically already have it because of the holiday edition?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 20, 02:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 20, 02:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an outfit requires a particular EP or SP, you also should probably find it at least a little familiar-looking, since if you do in fact have the required EP or SP, then you must have at least one outfit in your game already that uses the same mesh.

If you've never seen the thing before, you might want to double-check before you go downloading.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 20, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Holiday pack is the most confusing SP of them all, as there have been four versions of it released:

Holiday/Christmas Party Pack (2005), Holiday/Christmas Edition (2005), Happy Holiday Stuff/Festive HS (2006), Holiday Edition (2006)

The 2005 Holiday Edition includes the Holiday/Christmas Party Pack and the base game, while the 2006 Holiday Edition contains HHS/FHS and the base game. HHS/FHS has all the HPP/CPP content as well as some extra outfits, so if you have HPP/CPP than outfits meant to work with HHS/FHS may not work depending on which mesh they are based on.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Savory_Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 20, 03:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Holiday pack is the most confusing SP of them all, as there have been four versions of it released:

Holiday/Christmas Party Pack (2005), Holiday/Christmas Edition (2005), Happy Holiday Stuff/Festive HS (2006), Holiday Edition (2006)

The 2005 Holiday Edition includes the Holiday/Christmas Party Pack and the base game, while the 2006 Holiday Edition contains HHS/FHS and the base game. HHS/FHS has all the HPP/CPP content as well as some extra outfits, so if you have HPP/CPP than outfits meant to work with HHS/FHS may not work depending on which mesh they are based on.

huh?!
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 20, 03:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the 2005 edition, and the mesh came from the 2006 edition, you won't have it.

If you have the 2006 edition, you will have everything.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Savory_Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 20, 04:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do i tell which edition i have? i have the sims2:holiday edition

edit: is it by the copywrite on the back of the box?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 20, 05:00:59 by Savory_Rain » Logged
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 20, 05:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way is that the cases look different.  And, of course, if you just got it this year and it was new, it was the 2006 one and if you got it last year it was 2005.

But anyway, wiki has the box art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2_Stuff_packs

- Kurt Vonnegut
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 20, 06:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

huh?!

Yeah, exactly.  That's how the bastards got me.  I obviously already had the base game, and I had a gift certificate to the game store, so I grabbed the newest sims release (obviously).  When I was paying I felt like the price seemed high for a stuff pack, but who cares it's a gift card!  I didn't realize that I'd purchased not only the stuff pack but a second version of the base game until I'd come home, ripped off the wrapping, and installed the game (which by the way never mentioned to me "Hey!  You already have one of these in here, you knew that, right?).  That was fun.  And now I'm stuck with it because in my shock and horror I knocked the case on the ground and stepped on it trying to find where it had landed.  (yes, I am a clutz)

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: