More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:16:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good Gawd...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good Gawd...  (Read 16150 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Good Gawd...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 17, 19:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just leave them as custom hair. Non-binned hair doesn't bother me that much, and I have enough properly binned hairs that there is some variety with my townies and aging-up sims, but then I'm not one of those people who downloads a lot of custom hairstyles. I have maybe 30 of them, about half of which which are already binned by the creators.

It wouldn't bug me so much if it was just a matter of finding the hair in the bins, but the whole turn-ons/turn-offs thing makes unbinned hair a pain in the neck.  :p

Sims don't know the difference between custom brown hair and custom pink hair, so why not just use custom hair as a turn-on, regardless?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 17, 19:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't know the difference between custom brown hair and custom pink hair, so why not just use custom hair as a turn-on, regardless?

It makes it harder to tailor-build Sims to be attracted specifically to each other.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 17, 20:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see how that could be a problem. I guess I'm just not too picky (for once). That, and I'm lazy.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 19, 23:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very anal about having my hair binned. I'll take every download and re-bin it, because there's always at least one hair that is wrong. I also need to have each hair familed (it's a word!) and I won't download it if there's no grey unless I know where I can get one.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 19, 23:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very anal about having my hair binned. I'll take every download and re-bin it, because there's always at least one hair that is wrong. I also need to have each hair familed (it's a word!) and I won't download it if there's no grey unless I know where I can get one.

Gray's usually pretty easy to make.  Desaturate one of the other colors and you're good to go.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 19, 23:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate unbinned hair because it means that all children of that gender will default to the same hair throughout all eternity.  It's also why I won't use custom eyes. Skin doesn't bother me as much, for some reason, but I like some variety to hair and eyes.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 19, 23:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried geneticizing the eyes?

All of mine are set and work wonderfully...eyes that should be rare are, and custom blue does not appear when a brown gene should have been dominate.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 20, 00:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, that's an idea...now that I deleted all my custom eyes! Actually, one could theoretically take one of the nice eye sets over at MTS2 (I use default Enayla eyes currently) and geneticize all of them instead of just the norms. I started my Alphabet legacy with a Brown hair/green eyed girl and her husband was a black hair/green eyed guy. I just got my first pale blond with blue eyes on the ninth generation, which I believe puts me at every eye color and hair color throughout the legacy. I'd say every skin color, too, as I've run from the palest to the darkest, but there are some medium ones I haven't hit yet.

And I'm still hit by that freaking pinnochio nose from Albert on every boy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 20, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 257 custom eye colors, none of them default replacements.
All of them are genetically correct for my game.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 20, 09:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-thinks to self- Gee, I need one more impossible to learn task to set myself up for failure in..

Hey guys, how do you geneticize custom eyes? lol

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 20, 10:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to download a nice set of "binned" eyes.  Something with a slight theme, so sims don't end up with varying levels of what creators call "realism" but is usually just a dark shade painted on the eyeball.
I once downloaded Exnem's massive set of custom eyes, but I never actually use them on anything but very special custom townies.

Maybe it's time I start looking around.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 20, 14:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-thinks to self- Gee, I need one more impossible to learn task to set myself up for failure in..

Hey guys, how do you geneticize custom eyes? lol

Here's the tutorial I used.
It's easier than pie, really it is.
*gently pushes Strangel* Go on, try it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 20, 16:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*isn't allowed to download anything until she cleans out the crap*
I still have clothing, accessories, surfaces, seating, and lighting to go through. I'm really, really, really afraid of tackling accessories.  Cry

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 20, 19:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if Theo's tool works for the current version of SimPE? I hate binning hairs manually...

I totally agree, creators need to start doing it themselves. Especially paysite owners.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 21, 01:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites owners should all make oustanding content, but we all know that doesn't happen. Just look at Pandora. They hardly even make content, and anything that they do make is far from good.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 21, 02:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if Theo's tool works for the current version of SimPE? I hate binning hairs manually...

I totally agree, creators need to start doing it themselves. Especially paysite owners.

It works, but it doesn't disable the old file like it used to.
Even if creators binned their hairs, I'd still need to re-do it.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 21, 08:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 257 custom eye colors, none of them default replacements.
All of them are genetically correct for my game.

Shocked

That's a LOT of eyes. I have 19, and I find them to be too many!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: