More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:55:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti-Date Flowers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Date Flowers  (Read 27236 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti-Date Flowers
« on: 2007 June 14, 20:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undiscovered Shiny: Requested fix for something that apparently annoyed other people other than me.

antidateflowers.zip

Anti-Date Flowers for TS2NL+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Resident sims no longer drop off date flowers on their own doorsteps, stomping
their queue, and then sometimes running off the lot and disappearing. Because
those flowers are useless, anyway.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Death to all Nesses.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Anti-Date Flowers
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 14, 21:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank-you, O Awesome One. Will this work for those of us peasant-type people who have everything up to OFB, but do not have ZOMGPetz!!!!1111one!one! or Seasons?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 14, 21:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank-you, O Awesome One. Will this work for those of us peasant-type people who have everything up to OFB, but do not have ZOMGPetz!!!!1111one!one! or Seasons?

oh I hope...

Is there anything possible to just eliminate the flowers altogether?
I have quite a few chronic dream-daters and as far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't add anything of use to the home (or bank account) I'm really not interested.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 14, 22:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See manual.

Is there anything possible to just eliminate the flowers altogether?
I have quite a few chronic dream-daters and as far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't add anything of use to the home (or bank account) I'm really not interested.
Well, they are worth about $50, and as long as it's not stomping a resident, it's not a serious issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 14, 23:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grabbing it as fast as i can.   Now i don't have to sit there and wait for those silly sims to get the urge to leave flowers.   Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 15, 00:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See manual.

I did see manual and I see nothink!
* reggikko checks eyeglass prescription to no avail

Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 15, 02:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize this annoyed people.. I usually stuff the flowers in the inventory, so it helps to keep track how many dates they've had. Useful with Pleasure who date their spouses Tongue

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 15, 03:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* reggikko now sees the compatibility and feels like a dumbass
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 15, 03:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize this annoyed people.. I usually stuff the flowers in the inventory, so it helps to keep track how many dates they've had. Useful with Pleasure who date their spouses Tongue

Some of us have had a problem with Sims getting stuck in an endless loop when delivering flowers.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 15, 05:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somtimes I like to decorate with them, but since I have them unlocked in my Buy mode anyway, I don't need buggy resident deliveries.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 15, 08:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had my sims get stuck in the delivering loop, but never had them run off the lot! Now that would've been funny. Cheesy
I only ever keep the first bunch of flowers and delete the rest. They give you §55 btw. They never used to give you any money in NL, I think that was changed in OFB. Dunno why, 'cos you can't sell them in shops.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 15, 16:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a buyable version of the date flowers. Prolly from TSR but I'm not sure if they are free or booty-licious. One of the few shop businesses I've ever done is a snapdragon & rose bouquet shop. Adds some realism if you actually have sims buying them.

Anyways, thanks. They don't give you enough money to make a difference for an established lot, and having to place or delete them all the time is a pain. I don't usually have too many Pleasure sims, but use dating a lot for aspiration boosts. If my sims aren't platinum I start to worry.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 15, 21:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They never used to give you any money in NL, I think that was changed in OFB. Dunno why, 'cos you can't sell them in shops.

ahh, that's why they're useless in my game. I have OFB but it's on standby.
I'd probably gone a year or so not playing and wanted to try adding the EPs one or two at a time (partially to see what each adds/milk whatever fun I can out of them, but also to remind myself which hacks are worth updating)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 16, 08:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can sell the flowers you know.  I think what you call the 'Endless Loop' happens when a sim goes to work after the date, but before delivering the flowers.  That's the only common thing on my lots when it happens.  I forget if they were all using Nightlife cars or not though.You can force error on the flowers to stop it,if I remember correctly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 16, 08:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can sell the flowers you know.  I think what you call the 'Endless Loop' happens when a sim goes to work after the date, but before delivering the flowers.  That's the only common thing on my lots when it happens.  I forget if they were all using Nightlife cars or not though.You can force error on the flowers to stop it,if I remember correctly.
I believe that produces the outcome where your sim then flees the lot entirely, disappearing, as a sim might do if he were a visitor, except he's a resident and now he's missing. He'll respawn by the mailbox on reload, of course, but it's still OBNOXIOUS. Besides, why would you put flowers on YOUR OWN DOORSTEP?

I actually don't understand why you'd put them anywhere, really, but apparently lesser mortals consider flower-delivery to be a good thing, as opposed to a bad thing.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 16, 08:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what you call the 'Endless Loop' happens when a sim goes to work after the date, but before delivering the flowers.  That's the only common thing on my lots when it happens.  I forget if they were all using Nightlife cars or not though.You can force error on the flowers to stop it,if I remember correctly.

For me, it didn't matter if they left the lot to go to dinner, or the one being asked on a date went to work, or if it was all done at home, the loop would pretty much be guaranteed to happen.  I'd rather have this hack and forget about it, than take the trouble to watch him, to break the loop.  Besides, i don't need no more stinking flowers !   lol

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 16, 08:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really annoyed me about the flower-delivering is, I'd send them to bed after a date, they'd sleep and once one of the sim's energy bar was full, s/he'd get up and deliver the stupid flowers onto the doorstep. Usually about 3am. Stupid sims. This fix works great though, stops all the doziness.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 16, 21:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't understand why you'd put them anywhere, really, but apparently lesser mortals consider flower-delivery to be a good thing, as opposed to a bad thing.
As such, I am a higher mortal. I hate cut flowers. That's the first thing I train my boyfriends on. Let's kill something so that we have something pretty to look at until it decays and attracts bugs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 16, 22:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so agree with those statements. The whole concept of cut flowers as gifts is sheer retardedness, IMO.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 16, 22:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy occasional cut flowers (better than live plants that I have to kill myself), but prefer obscure Playstation RPGs. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 17, 02:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a buyable version of the date flowers. Prolly from TSR but I'm not sure if they are free or booty-licious.
I have them in my game as well. They were from windkeeper and available in booty.
Single Rose
Rose Bouquet

Better for decoration purpose than the real reward flowers, as they come in various colors. (I'm sick of red roses.)

I don't like cut flowers for gift in real life either. What a useless (and perishable) gift they make.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 17, 03:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my legacy household, I put them in front of the graves out back to pretty up the graveyard, and keep them under diplomas and paintings in my Hall of Records to remember who dated whom. but I don't need more than 2 per sim, ever...

INFP or something
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 20, 05:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, those Windkeeper ones are better than the ones I had, hurray for recolors!

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
LordBanxter
Asinine Airhead

Simocidal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 21, 19:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us have had a problem with Sims getting stuck in an endless loop when delivering flowers.

I suppose I wouldn't mind a problem with someone getting stuck in a loop while delivering dance-spheres or Tang Dynasty Vases, that might actually be beneficial for a change...
 Grin

Johnny was a chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2S04
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 21, 19:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...if they gave you more than one of the item. Nope. Sims just kept plopping down and picking up the same bunch of flowers. I really only had this problem in some of my student housing, but it's annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: