More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:19:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Fire Mod v2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fire Mod v2  (Read 34769 times)
Doctor Boris
FFS Member

View Profile
Fire Mod v2
« on: 2007 February 06, 14:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boris has rewritten this to work in not-so-new Pets as well as older versions of game.

firemod.zip

Fire Mod (v2) for TS2 - TS2PETSp1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Sims will no longer moth fires when panicking when something catches fire. Sims
that are have seen more than one fire before will attempt to extinguish it
rather than panicking. Visitors finding your house to be on fire will
immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and
pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational
failure....after all, why should they care...unless they are on FIRE?

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For all versions.
Tested for TS2PETSp1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Fire Mod v2
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 08, 02:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad this mod is back to the firing range  Smiley

There's one thing I would change though:
Visitors finding your house to be on fire will immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational failure
I think it would be interesting if visitors tried to extinguish fires by themselves. Speaking on my own behalf, if there was a fire on a friend's house, and if I thought that it could be controlled, I'd try to put it out, instead of just running away.

Besides, there are occasions where you want to fulfill the sims' pyrophobia aspiration Wink
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 08, 07:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's one thing I would change though...

I finally pulled the last fire mod from my folder because I had started a new neighborhood, which meant that the adult population were skill-less idiots. So every time they invited a few guests over, they would of course have to serve them something to eat to keep them there so they could get to know them. Then of course the kitchen would catch fire and all the guests would leave.

Clean up the mess, invite them back over and repeat fire scenario until someone could manage a few cooking skills.

Is there any way to make this part of the mod optional or just make the visitors run outside to the mailbox until the emergency is over?

The mod is great in older neighborhoods. So I'll be adding in back in once the neighborhood ages. I just started a new hood again because I learned from a tutorial thread here how to get a completely clean hood and am excited to play without townies and SWAF corruption.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 08, 09:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's one thing I would change though...

I sorta agree with Theo, in that, at least... if it the sims are friends, and maybe if they are nice and brave (how would you interpret that? very outgoing maybe? or just highly skilled in say body... or some kind of combination) then maybe they would attempt to put the fire out as well.

Is there any way to make this part of the mod optional or just make the visitors run outside to the mailbox until the emergency is over?

Hrm... well... maybe the reason the sims are leaving is due to motives? I dunno if that part can be fixed really. Don't fires drop motives, in particular hygiene and probably comfort.

Anyhew, glad this mod is back. Cheesy

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 08, 09:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... well... maybe the reason the sims are leaving is due to motives? I dunno if that part can be fixed really. Don't fires drop motives, in particular hygiene and probably comfort.
Visitors pretty much always leave after fires for this reason, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 08, 09:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish I had found this sooner.  Grin

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 08, 18:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I found and installed a fireproof cooking hack, I would just have my sims serve cereal and/or lunch meat sandwiches and/or gelatin until they'd learned a few cooking skills, and of course cooking is always the first skill I have them learn, whether they roll wants for it or not [insert evil laugh here]. Of course, I've always used some variant of the 'any meal anytime' hack, so they could serve sandwiches for breakfast if they wanted I wanted them to. Still, this seems like a useful hack.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 08, 23:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty much do the same as NVA.  Smiley
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 09, 00:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, maybe I'll make a fridge clone that only allows cereal, lunch meat sandwiches, and chef salad... call it the Learner Edition.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 09, 01:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, maybe I'll make a fridge clone that only allows cereal, lunch meat sandwiches, and chef salad... call it the Learner Edition.
If you simply do not include a stove, microwave, or toaster oven anywhere in your lot, sims will be physically unable to cook things that can burn and therefore will not start fires. No need for hacking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 10, 14:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded. I will test it tomorrow. But I have a question about the old firemod - I've noticed that it prevented Sims from rescuing babies and toddlers. Was it a bug or a feature, since babies' furniture is fireproof anyway?

To my big surprise, I had one toddler die in fire (he slept on Atavera's blanket beside a fireplace.) It made a really interesting story, so later I tried to reproduce that situation, but it never happened again. Was it a pure coincidence?

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 10, 21:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never been able to burn toddlers.  I tried once, I had a no social workers patch, but although their motives all dropped into the red, they wouldn't die.  They weren't in a crib, just on the floor.  I didn't have the blanket then.  It was my understanding that it wasn't the furniture that was fireproof, it was the babies/toddlers themselves, although the crib and changing table weren't destroyed either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 10, 23:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded. I will test it tomorrow. But I have a question about the old firemod - I've noticed that it prevented Sims from rescuing babies and toddlers. Was it a bug or a feature, since babies' furniture is fireproof anyway?
Toddler rescue is intentionally disabled due to the fact that it will typically kill everyone on the lot except the toddler, who is fireproof. Since the even the Sims mythology (See "Gray Lady" statue) acknowledges this, it logically follows that sims should cease doing this suicidal behavior.

To my big surprise, I had one toddler die in fire (he slept on Atavera's blanket beside a fireplace.) It made a really interesting story, so later I tried to reproduce that situation, but it never happened again. Was it a pure coincidence?
Freak accident, yes.

Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 11, 03:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddler rescue is intentionally disabled due to the fact that it will typically kill everyone on the lot except the toddler, who is fireproof.
Logical, but, ah, it was so cute interaction. I miss it a bit.

About being fireproof: why? Toddlers obviously can die, they just lack the occasion. Same about pets. I would be happy knowing there's a danger for them. Yes, I'm evil and I like interesting stories.  Tongue

Hmm, are womrats' cages fireproof? *goes testing*  Grin

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 12, 15:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running OFB with NL, I get an error relating to "Bad gosub tree number" whenever a fire is present and a sim begins to react (interaction - panic).
Previous older version had no problems, only the latest from 8th February from the OFB DC. I can dig out an error log if you need it.

[Edit] Log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2007 February 13, 03:06:44 by Weaver » Logged
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 13, 03:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with a sim. She was patting the illuminated reindeer which caught fire. I had to continually reset her, didn't want to delete. She caught fire and couldn't die. Firefighter also got stuck. I didn't try deleting him but he took a while to get to her. He chased her across a 5x6 lot performing the following sequence: put out fire, she starts to burn, jumps out of fire, repeat.
I refreshed her motives which helped the situation but I was trying to get her to die.
This was my first fire with v2 in.
Jaylene = my sim
Calvin = firefighter
I have up to NL

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 01, 13:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just a stuck effect, these things happen from time to time. For some reason the game didn't process the end animation code, so it thinks it has to keep playing it.
I think it will disappear by itself over time. Other than starting a second fire (so this time the end animation code can run) I don't know a fix for this exists.
Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 01, 16:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "stuck fire" has happened to me with both fires I've had since I installed this mod.  It's harmless since the fire doesn't actually burn anyone.  I save, exit to the neighborhood, go back in and the stuck fire is gone.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 01, 16:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good to know that fixes it. Doubt it's due to this mod though.
Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 01, 19:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubt it's due to this mod though.

Agreed.  My guess is that when a sim fights a fire it uses a different BHAV than the firefighter does and that routine is flawed.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 01, 21:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InSim has the option to extinguish all fires on the lot. While many may use this feature to cheat, I find it useful to get rid of invisible fires that are causing the game to lag.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: