More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:19:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No One Is Out in a Car!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No One Is Out in a Car!  (Read 3397 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
No One Is Out in a Car!
« on: 2007 June 14, 15:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing OMGPetz & WOW!TheSkyIsWet!! I had this problem for a while with disappearing cars and Sims jumping back from work, which appeared to be caused by an outdated jobfixes mod, or whatever it's called.  All is well now, apart from on one lot, where the car is present in the driveway and can be used, but buy & build modes are permanently greyed-out, like they are when someone is en route to or from work, regardless of whether they are or not.  Clearly, the game thinks someone is still on their way to or from work, but no one is.

There are 4 adults, 2 teens & 3 children on the lot, all present & correct, and when someone goes to work in the car, the buttons don't un-grey themselves.  I can bring buy mode back with the cheat code, but it goes back to grey as soon as a car is used.  I can't get build mode to return at all.  I can't remember if I replaced the car after installing the expansions, or whether it's the original.  Chances are it's the original, as I could never replace any without also deleting and replacing the driveways  Like I said, a lot of cars disappeared and never came back.

I don't want to have to move the family out because this is a big house and it took ages to furnish, so I have no idea what to do.  I tried deleting the driveway, but that didn't help, and of course I couldn't replace it so I had to leave without saving.  Is there anything I can delete in SimPE that is telling the game there is a Sim on the way to/from work?  There must be some sort of marker somewhere that indicates this.  My only other thought is that it's because there are 9 sims on this lot, although I do have a mod in to allow for that.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 14, 16:01:32 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: No One Is Out in a Car!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 14, 16:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the Lot Debugger thingie to reset the whatchamacallit. I had this happen. I can't remember the exact think you have to reset, but it's in the Lot Debugger.  Cheesy
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 14, 17:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try "Fix Work State".

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 14, 18:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the Lot Debugger thingie to reset the whatchamacallit. I had this happen. I can't remember the exact think you have to reset, but it's in the Lot Debugger.  Cheesy

Yea, it's 'enable buttons' or something like that.  I've had lots occasionally get borked that way, and the LD fixes it just fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 16, 14:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Re-enable Controls' on the Lot Debugger.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: