More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 21:34:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Odd Error (from nanny?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd Error (from nanny?)  (Read 3458 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Odd Error (from nanny?)
« on: 2007 June 14, 04:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never use nannies, so this may be why this is the first time I've seen this error.

I had to hire a nanny because I had a single sim who was abducted and had an alien baby. Before a workday for the sim (Ryan) came around, he got married and his husband moved in. I forgot I'd hired the nanny, but she showed up so I decided to send Ryan off to work. They had been in the basement, and everything was fine, but as soon as the nanny walked into the basement with Ray (the husband), I started getting error and error. I had to quit the game, they wouldn't stop.

I'm assuming the MQ in the error is Monique's computer, but I don't understand why it errored, as it has never caused an error for me before, and I've added nothing new to my game since last night. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to get rid of the computer, it's so handy.

One of the error logs is attached.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 14, 05:47:35 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Odd Error (from nanny?)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 14, 05:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the Work of the Non-Awesome. It is DEFINITELY not Maxian code, and it doesn't look like Awesomecode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 14, 07:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I knew why the computer hates nannies, but whatever, deleted the computer and the errors stopped.

I'm having another error, though, related to macro/clean (I didn't know whether it was okay to start another new post so soon or not). Whenever my sims go to take out the trash, it errors and I'm forced to hit reset, causing the whole macro/clean to stop. I have a composter and a trash can, so I'm not sure why it's happening.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 14, 19:42:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 14, 13:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you looked for an updated version of the computer? Because I use that computer all the time and haven't had any errors from nannies.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 14, 16:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was going to say the exact same thing as the previous poster.  I had a problem caused by Monique's computer when I installed Pets & Seasons, but since updating I've had no problems with it at all and nannies function normally (or as normally as they ever did ... I use ChristianLov's nannies most of the time, as they do what nannies are supposed to do).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 14, 19:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having another error, though, related to macro/clean (I didn't know whether it was okay to start another new post so soon or not). Whenever my sims go to take out the trash, it errors and I'm forced to hit reset, causing the whole macro/clean to stop. I have a composter and a trash can, so I'm not sure why it's happening.
Your trash compactor is non-Awesome. Remove all Non-Awesome downloads.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: