More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:21:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Best Friends and Birds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Best Friends and Birds  (Read 4771 times)
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Best Friends and Birds
« on: 2007 July 12, 22:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was working on my "20 Best Friends" LTW, and it was fulfilled when I got 19 best friends.  I counted, recounted, only 19 best friends in the relationship panel.

Counted up best friend memories, I had 21 of them, but 1 was a long deceased sim and the other was Mystery Sim, so really only 19.

Then I checked the memory for the LTW, and the icon was a bird cage.  There is a bird on my lot, and my sim talks to this bird often... but I had no idea they could become friends.  It seems really, really strange, but why on earth would my LTW memory icon show a bird cage?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Best Friends and Birds
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 12, 22:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you assume the dead Sim isn't counted?
The LTW just checks how many "best friends" memories you have, not if these are for valid Sims. IIRC you can get it even with just one Sim, by losing and regaining the best friend status over and over.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 13, 00:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's just one of those funny sims things. like fulfilling the woohoo want in the photobooth, with the photobooth.  Huh

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 13, 00:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you assume the dead Sim isn't counted?
The LTW just checks how many "best friends" memories you have, not if these are for valid Sims. IIRC you can get it even with just one Sim, by losing and regaining the best friend status over and over.

IIRC the want is "20 simultaneous best friends", so you can't do it with one friend.

INFP or something
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 13, 00:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right. I was confusing this with the "big man on campus" want, which /does/ suffer from a counting problem due to this.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 13, 02:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, no relationship flags are wiped at death: the dead sim does not show in the panel, but the mutual flags are recognized anyway. Friends, best friends, lovers, etc are all counted even if dead. They count for simultaneous loves, too, and the friend/best friend flag is wiped only by the regular relationship decay.
I call bug, because it causes issues in gameplay (sims with the fear of falling out of love, cheating widowers, etc.).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 13, 10:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dead lovers count?  Really?
I'm so going to make a femme fatale black widdow sim, with 20 dead husbands in the back yard, if that's true.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 13, 10:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, no relationship flags are wiped at death: the dead sim does not show in the panel, but the mutual flags are recognized anyway. Friends, best friends, lovers, etc are all counted even if dead. They count for simultaneous loves, too, and the friend/best friend flag is wiped only by the regular relationship decay.
I call bug, because it causes issues in gameplay (sims with the fear of falling out of love, cheating widowers, etc.).

Yep. On several occasions, I've had the message "X and Y are no longer best friends" when Y had been dead for a while. So it appears that the relationship decays as normal after they're dead -- and until it has decayed, the dear departed is still counted as a best friend.

(Hasn't happened in a while now: it's possible that some hack I've installed stops it happening, or otherwise that it simply didn't have a chance of happening.)
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 13, 11:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. On several occasions, I've had the message "X and Y are no longer best friends" when Y had been dead for a while. So it appears that the relationship decays as normal after they're dead -- and until it has decayed, the dear departed is still counted as a best friend.

(Hasn't happened in a while now: it's possible that some hack I've installed stops it happening, or otherwise that it simply didn't have a chance of happening.)

I believe a patch sorted it out - though it's most likely that they just stopped the message from appearing rather than wiping the flags at death.

ISTP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 13, 12:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enemies Accumulate has a fix that halts the rel decay of dead people, preventing weird effects from manifesting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 13, 16:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that dead people could still count as best friends (I had seen that message pop up about them no longer being friends plenty of times before the patch) but this sim had been dead for a long time.  Probably close to 30 days.  Not sure how long it would take the relationship to decay though.
Still curious that the icon showed a birdcage, but I guess icons for memories can sometimes be pretty screwy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: