More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:44:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Had Baby Bad Memory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Had Baby Bad Memory  (Read 5353 times)
Savory_Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Had Baby Bad Memory
« on: 2007 June 17, 03:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there was a hack/mod that caused a bad memory for when you had a baby. Like with romance sims who have a fear of having a baby then they ahve a baby but it's a hapy memory. Is there a mod that makes it a bad memory? With it in the memory bin and the icon above the head when its born; the works.

Thanks
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Had Baby Bad Memory
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 17, 07:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh... that would be a great idea.  Probably something Pescado could to pretty easily.  I think he did this for some other memory before.  I forget which one it was.  I think there are a couple of memories that are like this as well.  Even though they might fulfill fears, it still shows up as a "good" memory, no?

Ste

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 17, 08:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think he changed the memories for the death of enemies, so that if your sim's enemy dies, then your sim gets a happy memory of the death instead of the default sad one. I'd imagine that making unhappy memories for having babies wouldn't be too difficult. It's just a matter of persuading somebody to do it. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 17, 16:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love  a hack like this. It's bizarre that sims who are absolutely dreading a baby get pregnant from a one night stand, and then they're always happy about it.

I sing along with elevator music.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 17, 18:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this does happen in real life, though somewhat rarely I suppose. In fact, an acquaintance of mine went through this very thing. She got pregnant, was mortified about it, considered getting an abortion, decided not to, and once the baby was born she fell in love with it and was glad that she hadn't terminated the pregnancy. Even though she didn't originally want the baby, she's a very good mum. *shrugs*

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 17, 18:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked the story about some woman who tried to trap a guy by getting herself pregnant, but he talked into getting an abortion, and then showed her his vasectomy papers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 18, 09:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked the story about some woman who tried to trap a guy by getting herself pregnant, but he talked into getting an abortion, and then showed her his vasectomy papers.

LOL - too bad Grin.

@ topic: I would like to see "broke up" (wording correct?) as a happy memory for romance sims, no matter under what circumstances the breakup occured. Marriages *always* cause bad memories for them, after all.

Now that I come to think about it - I'd love to see a "get a divorce" want, too Tongue.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 18, 19:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad there aren't mutual break up (for "good" or neutral memories whereas regular break up causes bad memories) and divorces due to irreconcilable differences or annulments that didn't necessarily result in bad memories.  And, it would be great if sims who hated each other got good memories for breaking up or divorcing. Whereas, sims who were still in love would get the bad memories. Tongue

Ste

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 18, 20:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read a legacy recently where two Romance Sims got divorced--and the initiating Sim, who *wanted* the breakup, got a bad memory.  The other Romance Sim got a good memory.  So there must be some kind of variation built in.

I think if they are rolling the fear and *not* the want when the baby was born, it would make sense for it to be a bad memory.  Maybe EA is just too chicken to have "unwanted babies."

PB

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 18, 22:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep reading the title of this thread as Had Bad Baby Memory.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 19, 07:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read a legacy recently where two Romance Sims got divorced--and the initiating Sim, who *wanted* the breakup, got a bad memory.  The other Romance Sim got a good memory.  So there must be some kind of variation built in.

Maybe it depends on the STR, especially if a sim is mad at his/her partner or not, cp. the Pleasant household. Mary-Sue always seems to get the good memory, Daniel the bad, though you'd think it would be vice versa. I've tried it several times by now, under various conditions (throwing him out, throwing her out, letting her slap him, not letting her slap him a.s.o.), but always with Mary-Sue having caught Daniel cheating and thus furious. Perhaps I'll have M-S do the cheating next time to see what happens Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 19, 10:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Sims who hated each other mutually both get the good breakup memory, but they have to really hate each other, like -100 on both STR and LTR hate.  I was just doing this earlier with the Ramaswamis in my Strangetown.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: