More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:24:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Earring weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Earring weirdness  (Read 4566 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Earring weirdness
« on: 2007 June 12, 18:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since Pets, whenever I go back into a previously played household, all the earrings and necklaces flash blue.  If I send them to the mirror to change appearance, it goes back to normal but as soon as I exit the lot and come back again or sometimes go to a community lot and return, it flashes blue again.  It doesn't happen with all jewelry and hats don't seem to be affected (I only have the club hat from MTS2 and Peggys from her site).  I thought it was Dr. Pixel's alpha (as most earrings I have use it) that was causing the problem at first so I checked to see if there were any updates or problems with it, redownloaded it, still the same issues.

Anyone else have similar problems or know what I'm talking about?
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Earring weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 12, 18:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it's been brought up a lot here. I used to have that problem with Pets - I don't know if it was installing Seasons or just using less cc that cleared it up. I've only had it happen once since Seasons and I'm pretty sure I made that guy before I actually installed it.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 12, 18:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, okay, I did a search and found a relatively long thread on it with no results.  I have Seasons and the problem hasn't not gotten any worse or better and I've pretty much done everything that everyone else on that thread did.

I guess I'll just go through my downloads and delete the offending parties.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 12, 21:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nikita, are you patched? Make sure you've applied Pets patch #2 (Seasons did not include as it came out afterwards) and Seasons patch #1&#2. I used to have regular issues with the flashing blueness (and on a hat as well). However, I believe Seasons patch #1 fixed it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 12, 22:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I believe Seasons patch #1 fixed it.

No it didn't. I've got Seasons P1 and one of my sets of earrings is still flashing blue. The other few that I have, however, seem to be fine for whatever reason.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 12, 23:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I first had that problem with glasses after installing University, the funny thing is that they were regular Maxis glasses... (didn't have custom glasses or earrings at the time)

They kept up their blue flashing and other odd behaviour (she'd sit on the toilet, her glasses hovered above in wait for her to stand back up into them...) and as I rarely played that lot, I decided to just leave them on her for giggles.  I haven't seen her in a while so I'm not sure the problem ever did go away.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 13, 02:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fully patched for Pets and, as of right now as my game is loading, Seasons. 

I've tried looking for patterns and isolating which meshes were affected but it seems totally random.  Just general bonkery all around with accessories though I've only had this problem with earrings and necklaces, never with glasses, veils, hats or the etc. other accessories I have downloaded.  I really should delete those halos.  I never use them and I'm not even sure why I got them in the first place... Huh
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 13, 10:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7819.0.html
The problem persists even when I uninstalled pets, and Seasons Patch 1 did absolutly nothing.

After a complete re-install, a completely fresh neigbourhood, and very careful use of accessories, I haven't seen the problem much.  Pescado said something about it being contagious, which made me really paranoid, so once I see flashing, I remove that accessory.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: