More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:48:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 97072 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #125 on: 2007 June 16, 02:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I'd like to point out that EA is almost certainly acting with DELIBERATE disregard, specifically crafting these bugs and shipping them with full knowledge that THEY ARE bugs. This promotes the false notion that bugs are somehow magically appearing in their code by accident, and it also makes it impossible for the non-internet using customers of theirs to fix their games without buying further EPs (believing falsely that they are fixing their game).

This, if true, is nothing less than fraud that they are perpetrating, and MaxoidSam would know for a fact whether it is true. Think about it.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 June 16, 02:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replied to your post Twain but we got bumped by someone who didn't know what a mesh was.  Luckily we are still above the "baby twin boys, need names now!" post  Roll Eyes
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 June 16, 06:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said my piece about this whole Second Patch issue on the BBS

Honestly it has been far too long since there has been a proper Twain Rant...sorry for making y'all wait Wink

Awesome rant, Twain, and your thread isn't even locked, yet.  Cheesy
I'm still waiting for the drama-phobic llama a of a community manager they have these days to tell me off about the anti-paysite propaganda in my signature, but no one's messed with it yet.  Grin

I was blissfully out of town, and by the time I saw Seasons patch 2, it was still up but MaxoidSam had acknowledged there were problems with it and patch 3 would be forthcoming, so I figured that I'd hang onto my awesome fixes a while longer. Then it was pulled.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 June 16, 07:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, I installed it.  Angry Got the crying babies for sure. Nothing else seems to be borken at the moment, so fingers crossed.  Undecided

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2007 June 16, 08:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the screaming babies. Never had them before in unpatched or P1-now I have them. I have also noticed my toddlers are awake all day now! No nap times for them. I Have gone through 2 smart milks in 1 day with 1 particular toddler. The effects of the smart milk doesn't seem to last as long either. I'm going to try Pes's fix and hopefully it will fix this. Not hopeful though. I'm going to end up uninstall-reinstalling, I know it. Angry Stupid farking EAxis.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 June 16, 08:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the screaming babies. Never had them before in unpatched or P1-now I have them. I have also noticed my toddlers are awake all day now!
Wait, that's a BAD thing?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 June 16, 08:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, it should be a good thing, but they don't seem to be skilling properly. The bar goes up ever so slow. I think the smartmilk is broken. Sometimes the parents 'jumped' from the toddler when trying to interact. Mind you she is now a child. They have a new baby that screams constantly, and is forever dirtying it's diaper. I think it might just be this family that is glitchy. I will play on another that have toddlers/babies and see what happens with them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 June 16, 08:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have a new baby that screams constantly, and is forever dirtying it's diaper.
As far as I can tell, this is what typical feeble human babies do. Although gurgling and hissing is more normal in my family, apparently lesser mortals find this to be disturbing and unnatural.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2007 June 16, 14:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just get the baby's motives up as high as possible, put it in its crib, and then stick a snapdragon bouquet next to the crib. A bit cheaty perhaps, but considering that the sim-infant's lifestage is only 3 days, this is a minor thing to concern myself with.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 June 16, 15:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I added my two cents to Twain's rant.  Still not locked, thankfully.

I always grow babies up to toddlers when they get the "birthday in one day" notice.  Had too many problems if I waited until the birthday, so I started (since base game only) using the cake to grow them up as soon as possible.

It would be nice if the new patch would stop the crying babies and let the toddlers stay awake all day, or at least sleep all night.

What's really lucky for me is I downloaded the patch the other day but my daughter & her family from out of state have been visiting all week, so I never had time to install it.  Whew!  Glad I didn't!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2007 June 16, 16:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too grow them up via the cake when I get the 'one day left' message. Hmmm, I have an 'infants/toddlers sleep through the night' mod in my Downloads folder that seems to work. I think I got it from Squinge at InSim. You might want to give it a try.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 June 16, 17:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It hasn't been that bad for me. The coats issue is an annoyance, and I figured out it's only affecting NPC's. Still need to check on temp data, but it's Spring now in my little sim tower (I get to build again in one generation!) and I haven't been able to observe it. No babies or toddlers since the patch. I'm just about to have one...project nanosperm was a success and Ivy is now pregnant with Isabelle's child. Fingers crossed....the initial crying baby bug only hit me sporatically.

EDIT: Yay. Jasmine hasn't made one sound, except when she dirtied her diaper. That can be forgiven. The fact that the game won't let me move in a 12th family member despite my non-limit hack (Ivy & Isabelle, baby Jasmine, Igor the Servo, two dogs, and four puppies, plus India) so that India can marry her three-bolter can't be forgiven. Looks like I'm loading another hack.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 16, 21:21:57 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 June 16, 21:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be one of the very few fortunate ones who did not get the crying babies. I didn't have it before, and I'm lucky I don't have it now. I'm amazed at how lucky my game has been so far.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 June 16, 22:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the screaming babies. Never had them before in unpatched or P1-now I have them. I have also noticed my toddlers are awake all day now!

Wait, that's a BAD thing?

Everything in Emma's post is what happened to me.

I had extremely lazy parents in one household. On top of that, mom was pregnant. The toddlers woke at 6am and stayed awake until 2am! The father had to take one nap and mom two naps before the day was out, but the toddlers were like energizer bunnies. I finally dropped Toddler sleep blankets on the floor so the parents didn't have to get up again just to put them to bed.

For some reason the toddlers social motives are dropping quickly. For the first time ever, I got a warning that it was a very bad thing to let toddlers social get that low. It said something about them not growing up well, but I made mom get out of bed just to talk to the toddlers again in case it was warning me that the social worker might pick them up if I didn't fix the problem. Their aspirations were fine, it was just social that was really low.

If the toddlers just drank some milk and then skilled all day, it wouldn't be a problem. But the parents are having to actively mess with them throughout the day just to keep them in decent shape.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2007 June 16, 22:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh my sim-mum was pregnant too-I wonder if that has something to do with it? Huh I haven't played a house with a toddler yet, so haven't really tested any other situation.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 June 16, 23:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to another household with toddlers and active, non-pregnant parents. They had to mess with the toddlers off and on all day just to keep their social high enough. It was a little easier since the parents' motives weren't dropping as fast.

The toddlers' hygeine seems to be worse too, but maybe they get dirtier in one day now because they spend it awake and on the floor.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 16, 23:18:36 by magicmoon » Logged

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 June 18, 18:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, for those of us who have the second patch, is there a fix for what they broke again?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 June 18, 18:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post #108 of this thread has the download that fixes what they broke with babies.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2007 June 18, 20:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played on another house with a baby that transitioned to toddler, and the motives and smartmilk are fine. Must've just been a glitch with the other lot.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 June 18, 22:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

India's twins were fine as babies. Ron Jr.'s fun fell quicker than normal, but then his playful was max. Haven't observed them in toddlerhood. I grew them to adults to peek at their looks and got mad. Fugly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 June 18, 22:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Magicmoon. Is that the only thing they reborked in the patch?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
harmless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 June 19, 00:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've supposedly borked it back together:
Monday , June 18, 2007
*New* Seasons Patch - LIVE!
The Seasons patch that we pulled last week has been fixed and the new version is available for download. Update your game with the newly patched PATCH!
:: Patch Me Now!
G'on - I dare ya.  Tongue
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2007 June 19, 01:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am NOT patching again ... I only just got my sims back to "normal" after P2-alpha. I'll manage with awesome hacks until something else more exciting comes along.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 June 19, 02:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o.o
someone else go first

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 June 19, 02:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not afraid. I just wish I'd have known it was going to be so soon (that's sooo unlike them!). I'd have held off on putting my hacks back in.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: