More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:14:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 96203 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #100 on: 2007 June 14, 14:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lightning has always only had a 1% chance of actually inflicting an instakill on hit. Otherwise it will kill by motive depletion, as it applies -50 hunger per strike. It also happens to inflict -150 bladder, so your sim will almost assuredly piss itself.
Right, that's my point.  Lighting is a very funny way to torment bad sims, but its not nearly deadly enough!  I demand accidental death!
Generally, I'm all for that. However, I lost half my sim family yesterday. Two to being scared to death (ghost tag-teaming) and one lost her marbles and had to move to a residential loony-bin. I blame her for the second scaredy-death, since it was her father, whose urn she had just smashed, who put the final nail in Mom's coffin. Obviously, Paranormal will be unlocked next gen. If it weren't for the fact that Ivy is serially gay, therefore necessitating unlocking Science and Medicine so that they can discover how to make a nanobot sperm to impregnate one of them using the other's genes, it'd be now. Yes, my neighborhood is weird.

The only thing that really tempts me is having a teen start college from home, but with rampage I don't need to pay attention to the boring parts, and I can just focus on the friend/potential mate meeting and befriending part.  Plus with ACR uni is hysterical now.  Wink
Damn I love that hack. I never fully appreciated it until this run through. I used SaraMK's 2nd House of Lose (the blue one) and remodeled it into a 16-room dorm. I put in a couple of woohoo rooms and a photo booth, plus there was that hottub already in. Then I went through and randomized all the dormies' sexual preferences. Absolute madness. Ivy's girlfriend was two-timing with this girl Myrtle and a blow-out ensued on their last day in school. I rolled only two gay guys, and they ended up together and apparently had a three-bolter as they were constantly together. There was this other couple...can't recall their names now...one was an original townie from Selzi's templates, a rather ugly nosed one, and the other was an oddball face from my templates...they were constantly bumping uglies. Literally. Then this guy Richard ended up having not one, not two, but three girlfriends, all of whom were in mutual love with him, and all of whom were friends. That one never got any rest.

I just sat there and took notes so I know who to move into Urban Paradise when the zombie outreach program + environmental revival has taken place. Richard will be doing his own little Big Love thing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 June 14, 19:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and teens sent to Uni complete their first semester. 

I think it was only certain Maxis-made teens that had the problem, like Melody Tinker from OFB, and maybe some townies if you set them to Uni.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 June 14, 19:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else getting the puzzling message patch #2 is already installed, if H&M Stuff was also installed?

My Sims2EP5.exe is at version 1.7.0.151, I downloaded the Seasons patch today.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 June 14, 20:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch #2 has been rescinded due to problems. Patch #3 will be out in a few days. Linky
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 June 14, 20:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx.
Anyone got the patch downloaded? I need to check something against it.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 15, 00:30:29 by Jordi » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 June 14, 20:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, I had no trouble patching Seasons (w/Patch 2) with H&M installed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 June 14, 20:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For anyone who cares, there's a quick-and-dirty fix reverting the motive-decay changes of p2->p1 here. This may or may not resolve your screamie baby issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 June 14, 21:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat: yeah, I didn't see any notice the patch had been removed, so I assumed that it claimed I was patched, because H&M also has a Seasons patch. But if they just put the old patch back up, it makes sense I can't patch!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 June 14, 21:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they would mention what version of the patch it is on the bug list pages, specially when they change them... but I guess doing that would make too much sense  Roll Eyes

Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 June 14, 22:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed the second patch for seasons my sims are doing things that they should not be doing autonomously anymore like pulling pranks on each other or pillow fights and hacky sack games. So I guess my no autonomous hacks aren't working no more on resident or community lots. Anybody else having this problem too? I all so downloaded InSim for the first time into my game but that woulden't affect it or would it?

A Sims Nightmare!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 June 14, 23:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue with a pillow fight, only saw one but shouldn't have even seen that one. *hugs her hacks* looks like some hacks may need updating  Tongue

I doubt that InSIM (which I have) broke it/them since up to now my hacks have all played nice together, only change in my game was the patch so IMO the patch is the reason.
hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 June 14, 23:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Ottomas' have already been added to your neighborhood but the twins haven't been born yet, it's possible to hack the pregnancy controller to point to the right father.  This was possible even pre-patch.  It does require some tedious mucking about in SimPE, however.

The patch doesn't seem to work if you have them in the game but not born yet, my twins were still born with the wrong parent, Brandi broke to be precise.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 June 14, 23:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue with a pillow fight, only saw one but shouldn't have even seen that one. *hugs her hacks* looks like some hacks may need updating  Tongue

I doubt that InSIM (which I have) broke it/them since up to now my hacks have all played nice together, only change in my game was the patch so IMO the patch is the reason.

Great now I have to play the waiting game for the updates Sad

A Sims Nightmare!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 June 14, 23:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'll update the patch, re-build, test, and re-post as soon as we can.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. 
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 June 15, 04:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And pescado fixed the issue as soon as they announced that they screwed up!
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 June 15, 08:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a pillow fight in the street happen yesterday - I have noroadpillows and haven't even installed the second patch.
i've noticed pillowfights are happening in the "wrong" places since Seasons installed.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 June 15, 12:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anilyn, do the lots where this happens have attic bedrooms (e.g. such as upstairs at the Pleasant lot)?

Maybe it's caused by the fact that some upstairs rooms (depending on how they are constructed) aren't seen as indoors post-Seasons, so the beds could also be seen as outdoors for the purposes of noroadpillows.  If there is a bed outside then pillowfights can happen outside.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 June 15, 14:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, all the houses are regular houses, no beds outside either.
  It's not happened often and yesterday was the first time I'd seen it outside.  Other times it's occurred inside the houses but not in the bedrooms, even in a downstairs room when all bedrooms are upstairs and all with proper doors.
I'll reinstall the mod and see it it makes a difference. 
I don't have any hack conflicts either.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 June 15, 17:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no conflicts eather and so far I have seen Pillow fights and alot of pranks on community and resident lots so far. I just let Squinge know about it over at InSim.

A Sims Nightmare!
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2007 June 15, 21:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said my piece about this whole Second Patch issue on the BBS

Honestly it has been far too long since there has been a proper Twain Rant...sorry for making y'all wait Wink

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 June 15, 22:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to the download page and look at the URL for the link you'll see what version it is:

Code:
http://thesims2.ea.com/update/exe/ep5/1.7.0.151/sims2ep5_patch_cd.exe

This link, for example, contains the Sims2 1.7.0.151 engine.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 June 15, 23:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine my delight, as I just downloaded the bloated 45+M patch via dialup.

In addition to such funsies as the patch insisting I uninstall and reinstall Seasons (bastard!) it didn't work when I did. So I downloaded it AGAIN, via dialup, and got it installed.

Then, mere hours later, the Maxtards announce the buggered it all up.

[Insert appropriate commentary here, but shield any small children's eyes, should any be in the vicinity.]

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 June 16, 00:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said my piece about this whole Second Patch issue on the BBS

Honestly it has been far too long since there has been a proper Twain Rant...sorry for making y'all wait Wink

Awesome rant, Twain, and your thread isn't even locked, yet.  Cheesy

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 June 16, 01:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bucket of beanies for you, Twain!  Well done.  Now go and make some soup.    Kiss
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 June 16, 01:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the patch before it was yanked from the official site.  I noticed that my simbabies were still screaming nonstop a couple of days ago, but just now I found some much more serious problems.  The patch appears to have borkened my H&M Stuff Pack.

A few minutes ago, I entered CAS to test out some new hairs I downloaded.  Then I noticed that none of the outfits from H&M are available in CAS!  I had already dressed one of my teens in an H&M outfit, so I entered his lot to see if he was still wearing it.  In fact, he was not.  His everyday wear had defaulted to one of those kilt outfits from the base game.

Then I noticed that the family's car had disappeared.  I had used the street parking tutorial last week to set up their driveway.  I went into build mode and found that the driveway was still there, just facing the wrong direction.  Once I fixed it, I was able to place a new car on it.  I have no idea if the family lost the full value of the original car or if the game treated it like they had sold it in buy mode.  Nevermind, I found the source of this bug.

Finally, I went to the neighborhood screen and checked my lot bin for those pre-made H&M stores.  They were still there, so I plunked one down in the neighborhood.  I entered the lot in buy mode and found that it only contained a few base game items and no wall or floor coverings.  I opened the H&M collections folder and found that it was completely empty.

So I guess I will have to reinstall the H&M pack.   Angry Can anyone else who owns the pack tell me if you are having similar issues?  Also, is anyone else having trouble with street parking?  Thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: 2007 June 16, 03:33:42 by Angie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: