More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:17:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 97198 times)
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #75 on: 2007 June 13, 07:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My babies are CRYING now.

First patch fixed the crying baby problem.

Installed second patch and now I've got wailing infant sims everywhere!

Ya know, I don't mind a little realism, but does every sim baby have to be colicky?

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2007 June 13, 14:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems with my neighborhood, so I'll probably skip this patch.

Besides, I like the fact that I dumped the Ottomas twins onto an unsuspecting Romance downtownie male.  He's still in my Sim Bin ready for an unsuspecting Romance female.   Tongue

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
harmless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 June 14, 02:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 2 for seasons!
          o Sim Babies no longer cry excessively

Holy shit, it may be worth getting just for that.

Then don't just yet.
They pulled another Maxis:
Quote from: MaxoidSam
Crying babies un-fixed with Patch 2

Yep, we know. We goofed. Also toddlers and babies waking up too fast. It's basically the same fix that affects both things. We'll update the patch, re-build, test, and re-post as soon as we can. Sorry, guys.

-sam
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 June 14, 03:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering, but does NO ONE at Maxis/EA understand the concept of a beta test?

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 June 14, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering, but does NO ONE at Maxis/EA understand the concept of a beta test?

After seeing the same sorts of mistakes made repeatedly I think it's pretty safe to say that beta testing is a completely foreign concept to them. They seem to be stuck in the mindset that we gamers are their beta testers.
Simergy
Asinine Airhead

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 June 14, 03:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed two small bugs since I installed patch #2.

Characters no longer have the ability to match hair to outfit in CAF.
Members of the garden club have to pay full price for seeds.

The seed thing might get fixed if the garden club gives another evaluation.  I'll have to check that out.

Better safe than sorry
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 June 14, 03:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 2 for seasons!

Then don't just yet.

Yep, we know. We goofed. Also toddlers and babies waking up too fast. It's basically the same fix that affects both things. We'll update the patch, re-build, test, and re-post as soon as we can. Sorry, guys.

-sam
I knew that they unfixed the cryinging babies when I played my first baby post Patch 2.  It was rather irritating.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 June 14, 03:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone ever made a baby selectable to see WHY it was crying?  I haven't had the excessively crying babies in my game, but I suspected a problem once and checked the baby's motives and it was hungry.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 June 14, 03:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The babies are crying because of bottomed out social, IIRC. One maxmotives solves the problem entirely (or making them selectable and dragging up their needs)

I've matched outfits to hair in CAF since installing the patch, so it must be something in your downloads folder causing the problem.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 June 14, 04:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The babies are crying because of bottomed out social, IIRC. One maxmotives solves the problem entirely (or making them selectable and dragging up their needs)

Thanks katenigma.  Was it possible to raise their social by the usual methods, like cuddling the baby or playing with it?  I don't know what other people do, but when I get a baby out of the crib I do a couple of socials, then feed it, then do a couple more socials.  Then it usually goes back into the crib until it needs a diaper change, at which time it gets a couple more socials.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2007 June 14, 04:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that, using a controllable babies hack, the little buggers always need Social the worst from the moment they're born, so I do the same routine of cuddle, cuddle play, cuddle, feed, cuddle, put in crib, cuddle cuddle, change diaper, cuddle, play -- well, you get the idea.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 June 14, 05:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My criers were having issues with Fun, not Social. Just to throw a wrench in the works.

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall/reinstall Seasons, then got H&M, then patched in between plays. So I'm not sure which part is giving me issues. I blame H&M for the 24-hour clock and some renames, but I'm thinking that the Seasons patch is why showers are now warming my sims much too much, and additional issues with not changing out of coats. I expect another note from a Maxoid saying "we know, we know, we fucked up the coats again" soon.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 June 14, 05:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue was that while their fun/social did go up by being played with, when it hit rock bottom it stuck and wouldn't ever get back in the green... IIRC anyway.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 June 14, 05:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never observed this problem. It's probably an initialization thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 June 14, 05:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmn, I think I will hold off doing anything until patch #3 appears. I'm quite happy how the game plays with the awesome fixes.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 June 14, 05:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all might attack me for this, but long, long ago I beta tested for Maxis, for TSO.  ::hides::  Although, I did mention to them that they were basically just setting up a giant pointless brothel.

Warning, more of my excessive opinions ahead!

Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't see much point in patching anymore.  MATY hacks are working just fine, and they allow me the flexibility to pick and choose which things I want patched.  For example, how incompetant must you be to have problems with your sims getting squitted too easily from lightning?  I've almost never seen an accidental death PERIOD and never from lightning.  Just for fun, before I made my clean 'hood, I rounded up the classic Maxis townies I hated and killed them.  It took FOUR smite actions from the lot debugger to kill Goopy.  And then he ended up starving to death, so I got an annoying starvation ghost instead of a cool electrocution ghost.  Not that I really cared, I only played that 'hood for another day before the sim apocolypse happened and a new clean hood rose anew.

Although I have also been lucky, and while I have experienced some of the crying baby issues, it's only been occasional (mostly with babies with high outgoing), so it's actually kind of spiced things up for me.  I don't use a controllable baby hack, but I kind of intuited that a new born baby will probably need a few things straight off the bat; some love and affection, some food, and a bath.  Then they probably want to sleep from all that exausting being born stuff.  I also haven't had the education career problems, and if I do experience them, well, it's not like money is really hard to get in this game anyway.  But for a majority of the things on the "fix" list, JM already has a fix that we KNOW works.  The rest, eh...don't we all complain enough that we don't get enough random consequences for our little simmies actions?

The only thing that really tempts me is having a teen start college from home, but with rampage I don't need to pay attention to the boring parts, and I can just focus on the friend/potential mate meeting and befriending part.  Plus with ACR uni is hysterical now.  Wink

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 June 14, 06:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lightning has always only had a 1% chance of actually inflicting an instakill on hit. Otherwise it will kill by motive depletion, as it applies -50 hunger per strike. It also happens to inflict -150 bladder, so your sim will almost assuredly piss itself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 June 14, 06:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lightning has always only had a 1% chance of actually inflicting an instakill on hit. Otherwise it will kill by motive depletion, as it applies -50 hunger per strike. It also happens to inflict -150 bladder, so your sim will almost assuredly piss itself.

Right, that's my point.  Lighting is a very funny way to torment bad sims, but its not nearly deadly enough!  I demand accidental death! 
Even when I did the hostel challenege I only wound up with two dead sims, after two seperate groups of 8 went through the same house.  Two died in the first group, and the second group wound up with two of the sims getting pregnant and surviving to labor (at which point I obviously had to intervene to name the babies as they were born, but did nothing else to help them).  The closest I've come to an accidental death (other than the hostel, obviously) in the last year was when a pregnant sim caught fire making crepes suzette.  Unfortunately, I had a smoke detector so she lived; no zombie baby for me  Sad

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 June 14, 07:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 2 for seasons!

Then don't just yet.

-sam

AHAHAHAHAH.

Now I'm glad I didn't bother with the patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 June 14, 07:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the others?  Do they need updating?  Were these actually fixed?  Can we assume that, since they are still in the updated DC, they are still needed/compatible?
Everything is either updated or does not need changes.

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 June 14, 09:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My criers were having issues with Fun, not Social. Just to throw a wrench in the works.

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall/reinstall Seasons, then got H&M, then patched in between plays. So I'm not sure which part is giving me issues. I blame H&M for the 24-hour clock and some renames, but I'm thinking that the Seasons patch is why showers are now warming my sims much too much, and additional issues with not changing out of coats. I expect another note from a Maxoid saying "we know, we know, we fucked up the coats again" soon.

I just grew up a baby tonight. He never stopped crying, even with cuddling and playing, except to sleep. When he grew up into a toddler, his social was full green, but his fun was completely bottomed out. Now, even more obnoxiously, he keeps stopping playing to throw a tantrum about his fun being low. I hate cheating, but I might have to drag his fun up just so the rest of the house can get something done, and so the toddler can skill.

So yeah- my problem is fun, not social.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2007 June 14, 09:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crying babies: I've never really had this problem either(well maybe once on a downloaded household). My routine with babies seems to keep them content even before I awesome patched it. I wait till they get stinky then: bath cuddle cuddle play cuddle feed cuddle cuddle crib. Since I wait the baby usually doesn't gack on my Sim parents and everyone is happy:)

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 June 14, 13:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the water wiggler, energizer, and Japanese maple trees did bork play a bit, the solutions were easy.   

Infants have not presented any problems (three more were born in my game this week and the only time they cry is when they need a diaper change); my Sims don't die from lightning strikes or overheating (though I've certainly tried to kill a few off that way);  I've never seen a kid levitate; and teens sent to Uni complete their first semester. 

Which leads me to wonder why some are affected by certain bugs and others not. 

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 June 14, 14:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike many of those on the bbs, I don't want that much reality to creep into my game.  Excessively crying babies remind me of those oh-so happy days when I was raising my own high needs babies.  Tongue I've left those days far, far behind me since my "baby" is terrorizing the town as he's about start his second day of driving for driver's ed.
SweeTart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 June 14, 14:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When crying babies were an issue the first time, I started using Merola's painting to skip the infant stage.  Sim infants are a real waste of time, imo.  And, I hate it when the parent/caretaker loses points due to a fear of changing the diaper.  The moment they're born and named, I immediately opt to subtract 3 days from their age.  In no time, you have a teachable toddler with a personality.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: