More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:47:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 97338 times)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Third Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #225 on: 2007 June 23, 08:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you watch, it will tell you where it's erroring out. Pay attention to the file it freezes at. Then go in and replace it before trying again.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 June 23, 08:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ugh.
I tried and I tried but it still won't install.
bloody heck, something's wrong with my game.
does anyone have the first second patch?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #227 on: 2007 June 23, 09:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's some advice from earlier in this thread:

The most common files responsible for the error are objects.package, graphicsrules mentioned above (usually edited to get around Maxis-imposed resolution/display limits), and a cracked .exe. One patch choked on my empty OFB template.

Here's what you should do. Run the patch and watch the progress. When the error pops up, look at which file the installation had reached. That's the file that the patch is choking on. You need to replace it with the original version (off the CD or mounted image).

Have you edited your graphicsrules.sgr file in the past?  If so, that may need replacing.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 June 23, 10:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you edited your graphicsrules.sgr file in the past?  If so, that may need replacing.
No not really that's the key thing.
I replaced every file on the system in the seasons folder to when it was installed and still I get this message
What now?

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2007 June 23, 10:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstall Seasons and reinstall.

You also DID remove your downloads folder, right? And you're not playing on a hacked exe.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 June 23, 10:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled it over and over and OVER again.
I give up

*Ella whine*
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 June 23, 10:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before uninstalling seasons, backup or rename your The Sims 2 tree in My Docs. The uninstaller will delete it.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 June 23, 21:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried everything you guys suggested in which none of them worked, I don't think the patch will ever work for my game, I don't know why it won't bloody install!

*Ella whine*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 June 24, 02:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they fuxxed up their source control? They probably branched for the first patch and screwed up on the code base they started from for the second patch. I got the impression that the entire crying baby fix was absent.

What is this nonsense about "branches" and "source control"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 June 24, 04:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that when a sim is invited out downtown they now don't even have time to even get in a taxi before the 'why did you stand me up & don't ever call me again' message pops up?

I don't remember it happening before patch 2a & b but I could be wrong  Undecided
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 June 24, 04:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that when a sim is invited out downtown they now don't even have time to even get in a taxi before the 'why did you stand me up & don't ever call me again' message pops up?

I don't remember it happening before patch 2a & b but I could be wrong  Undecided

That's been fucked up for me for a long time. As far as I can tell, the timer for how long you have to get your butt downtown speeds up disproportionately from the gametime; I have to leave the speed on "1", because when I speed up to "3" like normal, I end up "standing the sim up" somehow, even if I slow back down the instant the taxi appears so I don't miss it.

INFP or something
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 June 24, 08:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, y'all.

makes me want to go burn my computer now. Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 June 24, 09:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is to stop the "buy a computer; check for jobs; sell computer - if your dream job hasn't come up, do the same again tomorrow" exploit.
The jobs are actually generated the moment you check for the first time in the day, so if you save before you look, you'll get a different list every time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 June 24, 10:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they fuxxed up their source control? They probably branched for the first patch and screwed up on the code base they started from for the second patch. I got the impression that the entire crying baby fix was absent.
What is this nonsense about "branches" and "source control"?

From my past experience of working on large projects (code + data) using a decent source control system (Perforce based) it is standard practice to branch off (take a copy) at certain points (beta, alpha etc) for archive purposes. It would make some sort of sense that the Seasons code/data was branched at the point of release, while development continued on the main branch e.g. for the next propaganda & lies release. The first bug fix release would have been done on the branched code and I'm suggesting that they might not have used this as their starting point for the second bug fix release. I'm not sure it's really as simple as this, given the comments on which game engine version has been used for particular stuff packs e.g. I seem to remember that one SP used an earlier version than the EP released just before it. In which case their source control may be some unholy mass of spaghetti with various bugfixes/updates having to be pulled in from different locations meaning they could miss one (crying babies). Parallel development sucks.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 June 24, 18:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*
Ok, has anyone successfully bred kittens/puppies since this patch? India's attempts at zombie outreach have been curtailed because the zombies aren't as drawn to dogs as they are to puppies, and try as I might...no chimes. I've tried 12 times now, different parent combos, and nada. It could be sadorandomness, but it's a bit coincidental.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 June 25, 00:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaza? Are you trying to breed the zombies with the dogs? Because I don't think that EVER worked.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 June 25, 00:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaza? Are you trying to breed the zombies with the dogs? Because I don't think that EVER worked.

Cheesy Thanks. I needed that.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 June 25, 03:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about community lots.  Just trying to figure out if it's working like it should or not.  I have Bluewater Village set for winter first, while the main 'hood starts with spring.  When sims in BV go to a community lot in BV, it is winter and the snow cover is exactly the same as in the house they left.  When they go to a community lot in Veronaville, however, it's not winter.  I thought it was supposed to be whatever season it was at home, but is this normal when you go between subhoods? If not, the patch isn't fixing it.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 June 25, 09:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds normal to me.  If it's day 2 of season 4 at the sim's house, it will be day 2 of season 4 at the community lot.  If your seasons aren't set to the same sequence across the subhoods and the main hood (as in your case) you will get this change of seasons travelling to a community lot in a different subhood.

I use this to my advantage in one of my 'hoods.  Nobody lives downtown, and the only time I use it is for outings to make friendships.  So I've set downtown to be summer for all 4 seasons, for the friendship-building boost.  In the same 'hood, Uni is set permanently to autumn for the study boost.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 June 25, 14:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jobs are actually generated the moment you check for the first time in the day, so if you save before you look, you'll get a different list every time.

Now you tell me! I've waited a half a sim's lifetime before the job I wanted showed up in the paper/computer.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 June 25, 14:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once upon a time we never had to wait more than 3 days to find a job in any career.  I figure if I haven't seen the job in either the newspaper or on the computer by the third day, I might as well cheat it with the newspaper.  Yeah, you start at a low level, but you can keep checking the computer every day until you're above the job level the computer will give you. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 June 25, 16:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*
Ok, has anyone successfully bred kittens/puppies since this patch? India's attempts at zombie outreach have been curtailed because the zombies aren't as drawn to dogs as they are to puppies, and try as I might...no chimes. I've tried 12 times now, different parent combos, and nada. It could be sadorandomness, but it's a bit coincidental.

I have the latest (3rd) Seasons patch installed, and I've bred dogs not once but twice. Well, the puppies aren't born yet, but both times I got the chimes.

Note that I have installed Monique's hack for breeding animals who aren't friends, but I don't think it affects breeding success once the dogs retire to the privacy of the doghouse, only the initial "shall we?" interaction  Smiley (But you never know, I haven't actually looked at the code.)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 June 25, 17:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what I've been doing wrong! Cry

Nope, only dog-on-dog action. And my zombies are now warm and cuddly, though still obsessed with cheese and decaying. I'm now wondering if maybe it's my lotfullofsims hack not working that is restricting it. I probably have to re-update something somewhere. Will make a test family tonight well below the normal limits and see if I can get some chimes.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2007 June 25, 17:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dogs in one family have had puppies successfully both pre and post patch.

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 June 26, 10:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

i downloaded and installed the 3rd seasons patch yesterday, like the good  little automaton that i am, and so far, besides the fact that bella goth was dead again, my sims refused to dress in outerwear when it was "cold" outside.  it looked like a meeting of the polar bear club. 

never mind, i think i just figured out the problem.

why did they fix the levitating children?  if an adult can do it, why can't the kids???

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: