More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:48:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 97246 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #150 on: 2007 June 19, 02:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o.o
someone else go first

Not me, man. I'm on dial-up, and H&M and patch2 borkinated mah game. Not happy.

Don't need to wait around for hours only to have another mess to fix. Sad

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 June 19, 03:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go. I'm pissed off at my sims anyways (well, one specific one). If the patch bugs her, I might let her children live.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 June 19, 03:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu has braveness.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 June 19, 04:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh, Zazazu backed up recently. So far so good. The toddlers seem normal. Ugly, but normal. The patch did reset motives, but didn't reset position. So my sims are wide awake at midnight. A couple of them work nights, anyways, and it's a weekend. No biggie.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 June 19, 05:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, nothing blew up in my game, either.  Cheesy I'll put the hacks back and see if anything borks.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 June 19, 06:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I applied the patch, removed snsp1decay from my Downloads, and played for a couple hours. It seems they actually fixed the crying babies. Fun isn't bottoming out anymore.

I only had one odd thing happen, but I couldn't duplicate it. A mom (not pregnant) got up in the morning on the first day of Summer, and did mundane things around the house. She never went outside. When I got the announcement that the carpool was due, I checked on her. She was playing with the infant, which vomited on her and bottomed out her hygeine. She then went into the bathroom where BUY took over. When the carpool arrived, I checked her again to see if she had time to finish her shower before the carpool left. I was surprised to see her temperature guage in the red, although it wasn't maxed out (about 3/4 full). I didn't notice it a few moments before when I checked her, but I wasn't really paying any attention to her temp since there appeared to be no reason to do so.

I had her husband attempt to do all the actions that I remember her doing that morning, but I never did get his temp to rise. I got the baby to vomit on him, but it only lowered his hygeine about 1/3 rather than bottoming it out like happened on mom. Also, mom had been nursing the baby that morning, which dad could not do.

So basically, things look good with the new patch, although I need to keep an eye on things to find out where this weird temperature rise came from. I thought that they didn't get temp changes if they were in the house. She never did anything that morning like get in a hot tub or work out, so I don't have an explanation for it yet.

I have the standard MATY hacks, including warmth fixes.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 June 19, 06:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe her husband was making out with her while you weren't looking- that raises temperature too.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 June 19, 06:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had one odd thing happen, but I couldn't duplicate it. A mom (not pregnant) got up in the morning on the first day of Summer, and did mundane things around the house. She never went outside. When I got the announcement that the carpool was due, I checked on her. She was playing with the infant, which vomited on her and bottomed out her hygeine. She then went into the bathroom where BUY took over. When the carpool arrived, I checked her again to see if she had time to finish her shower before the carpool left. I was surprised to see her temperature guage in the red, although it wasn't maxed out (about 3/4 full). I didn't notice it a few moments before when I checked her, but I wasn't really paying any attention to her temp since there appeared to be no reason to do so.
This is normal, showers normally raise temp. They can't overheat your sim to the point where you risk exploding, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 June 19, 14:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed with the pulled version of the patch that sims were almost always just barely in red temp after a long shower. Never happened before. I suspect it's part of their whole fixing the issues with sims taking endless showers before.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 June 19, 19:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had already patched with version 2a of the patch. Normally I would think that I can just go ahead and install version 2b. But since it's from Maxis, I'm not sure if it's wise to do that. Anyone did that without problems? Otherwise I'd say I have to reinstall the seasons EP, which I guess I'm not doing just for toddler's motives. Argh.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 June 19, 19:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just patch the patch. It will overwrite the bugged files from the first second patch.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2007 June 19, 20:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, my game is working fine now since the 2nd second patch. It didn't even reset the sims this time. No more screaming babies. The toddlers needs bars seem to be as it was before the 1st second patch. Smiley

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Third Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #162 on: 2007 June 20, 02:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyword from the awesome about the status of the borkedness of the patched patch?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 June 20, 06:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just applied patch ep5 #3, and it works fine. (Disclaimer: "works fine" = ordinary non-functioning EA crap as opposed to WTF-level EA stupidity.)

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 June 20, 06:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've downloaded the patch.

*eyes patch suspiciously*

One of these days I may actually click on it.

Fail.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 June 20, 06:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's currently 49% down, so I'll let you know if something really bad happens.  Grin ooh, 58% now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 June 20, 12:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played last night with the new(est) patch, and as Emma said, no reset this time.  Also no crying babies.  Otherwise, everything seems fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 June 20, 13:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to install but it said I had to uninstall Seasons first - couldn't really be bothered to go through all that so I'll wait.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 June 20, 15:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to install but it said I had to uninstall Seasons first - couldn't really be bothered to go through all that so I'll wait.

Though it says that, that's not necessarily true.  It'll give you that message if it hits a file that's changed (i.e., you changed your graphics.sgr file, or put one of the blank G001 templates into your game folders), and usually if your objects.package is read-only. Also, a 'no-cd' .exe file will cause it to not run right.  Run it again, see what file it borks on (it'll usually say 'can't replace blah blah' or something to that effect) and just fix/restore the original version of that file from a backup or the original disks, and it should go fine after that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 June 20, 16:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having just tried my hand, I'm unhappy to say that the n'hood screen bugs are still alive and well.  At least things became a lot calmer as soon as I loaded a lot, but I haven't gone specifically looking for odd combinations either.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 June 20, 16:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. I'm getting pet sinkage. However, it's possible I borked something when I unistalled Seasons last time. Will try reapplying the Pets patch to see if it fixes it.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 June 20, 18:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was building houses last night, so I don't know about all the sims related stuff, but that at least worked well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 June 20, 19:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm on dialup. It gives me an excuse not to download the patch. XD (for now, at least? I dunno, I'll take you people's word for it that Seasons unpatched isn't actually that buggy.)

*shrug* what can I say, I'm wary after they borked Pets p1 and then Seasons p2.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 June 20, 19:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched yesterday and then played, had no problems.

empty templates (including G001) didn't affect my patching.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2007 June 20, 23:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those interested Sam Player, has responded in his blog about the problems with the Second Seasons Patch
While I don't agree with everything he has said, I did find it to be a somewhat interesting read overall.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: