More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:08:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim attending
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim attending  (Read 3226 times)
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim attending
« on: 2007 June 10, 20:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This no longer works for me.  I was sure that it was a Pescado hack, but I cannot seem to determine which one it was.  I miss it dearly and would appreciate any info someone could give me on this.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim atten
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 20:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone hack does it for taxis. Pescado did make a hack that fixed this for cars, but it didn't work correctly, and was never intended for public use. Syberspunk has a hack which seems to work better for this purpose, but Pescado advises to use the groups functionality.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim attending
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 10, 21:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Venusy.  Why did Pescado think that it did not work?  It always worked for me in the past.  The groups are a pain in the ass.  I constantly forget to end the group and then wonder why the sims are following each other around at home.  Groups are fine for outings, but since the adult family members all work at the business, it is a daily thing for me.  Once they get home, my mind is already on what they need to do next, not on ending the group.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim atten
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 10, 21:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you probably had Syberspunk's, given that Pescado's was available for less than one hour (and displayed blank dialogue boxes for the "is (person) going?" dialogue). And he meant the Groups.../Manage Groups feature on the phone, not the outing kind,

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Drive to community lot (multiple sims) individual dialogs for each sim attending
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 11, 00:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must have been Syberspunk's that I used in the past then.  I am glad that he has his own section here now.

As far as using the Groups.../Manage Groups feature on the phone, you still need to select 'Just for fun' or an 'Outing.'  So, it is the same thing.  You still end up with a group that you need to end.  But since you pointed me to Syberspunk's hack, I am happy and content once more.  Thank you again.  And thank you Syberspunk!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 11, 03:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I tried this, it was plagued with people not getting in the car, dropping from queue, or otherwise misbehaving. The group functionality seemed more consistently reliable about forcing everyone you selected to get in the damn car.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 11, 16:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that it has more to do with the lot layout and number of sims attending than it does with using groups vs. using the hack.  I had the action dropped from queues three times in one playing session using groups, so until the code is located to continually put the action back on the queues we are left with this irritation.  I know the code exists because I continually deleted the action from children's queues with the game putting it right back in.  So looking for that might hold the answer.  I posted this idea on Syberpunk's thread.  I am not sure that it will be easy to locate the code (may even be in the exe instead of external functions in which case we have no way of doing it), but I do know that it is out there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: