More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:20:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Marhis House of Shame
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Marhis House of Shame  (Read 16597 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Marhis House of Shame
« on: 2007 June 11, 14:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, let's try; I suck at decoration, feel free to point and laugh.

Lot: 3x2
Price: § 77,606
Bedrooms: 3 (double)
Bathrooms: 4
Garage: 1
Swimming Pool: yes
Basement: yes
Playtested: yes (a copy), with 4 adults + 1 child + 1 toddler + 1 baby

EPs: University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets.

No custom content included. I was not sure about the official awesomeness of Inge's stuff, so I didn't include in the package. If you have
her wallpaperable walls for stairs you'll have the stair wall open towards the kitchen, if you don't you'll have a normal wall.
Best effect is with open underneath stairs by Crocobaura, not included.

Additional note: Basic furniture only provided.

Focus: general playability, expandability, no trees/columns/crap blocking view, can see where the sims are and what they're doing with the minimal camera movement possible (yes, I'm lazy).

Features:
  • Front fence only,
  • Basement garage
  • Enough space (I hope) on the front lawn for Seasons' stuff, pets accessories, or other crap
  • Front deck with enough space for visitor greetings and the usual following dirty jokes/RPS/kickybag galore without blocking other sims' walk
  • Mailbox relocated for better spotting of walkbys
  • A lot of corners to locate decorative items to enhance environment score without clogging the rooms or influence whine&stomp behaviors

Another ugly suggestive front view, showing the spatious balcony above the garage, with easel, telescope and a dartboard.

Rear view.
Barbecue and a spacious deck+stairs for no whine&stomp during walk. The door leads to the kitchen.
Notice the trashcan relocated and hidden behind the shrubs: near the kitchen but away from kickers (you may spot them more easily while they travel throug the garden)

Floor plans

Basement

Spacious stairs, room for coffins, career awards, crafting stations, or other stuff. Separate bunker-room with lockable door. Both garage and room have windows (light will enter, once in game).
A lot of space under the decks for lot debugger, macrotastic, other stuff to keep hidden.

First Floor

One Desk near both main entrance and garage stairs, with a tile free on its side for the adult/teen who teach to study. Computer on a different, separated, desk.
Lockable kitchen. Indoor dinner table is nearer than outdoor, and accomodates up to 8 dishes: therefore, the sims will always serve food indoor, and only in rare cases will go also outdoor. The same, reversed, happens if the sims grill outside. If you substitute the table outside with a (at least) 3 tiles one, you'll have no travel indoor when barbecue.

Note: you may also separate a corner of the One Desk room with a wall (the corner with the computer desk), thus providing an additional terlet on the first floor, for visitors.

Second Floor

Three bedrooms big enough for double beds. In this case they're furnished as 1 double, 1 twin and 1 nursery.
The spacious deck can locate an additional crib without clogging the walk space, keeping everybody separated.

Bathrooms are minimal on purpouse; they have exactly the needed space to have people shooed without problems (e.g. toilets always far from the door).
No sinks (the only sink is in the kitchen), to minimize the visitors traveling to wash hands.

Details

Rear

Relocated trashcan area. You may see the basement windows and the kitchen through the window.

Stairs

Notice in this picture the opening toward kitchen.

Kitchen

How the kitchen looks with Inge's wallpaperable stair walls: they are - as a matter of fact - windows.

Dining room

Dining area is kept divided by carpet separator: this works like a wall for acustic propagation. Result is no more "dance together" offerings to people in this area, stucking between seats unlucky sims who want to eat, clean up or go to bathroom.
No cheering at the piano, too: eat and shut up.

Bribe
Huh... this is the hardest part, I don't have special skills to offer, and I'm not sure I may be funny enough to insult or mock, so... I may offer to customize skintone selectors or other similar hacks, ready-to-go with the judge's personal choices.

* MarhisContestEntry.zip (982.91 KB - downloaded 566 times.)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Marhis House of Shame
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 11, 16:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa...I had no idea you could do that with a driveway.  Considering that my main neighborhood has little flat land, I would love to know how it was done.  Do simcars actually drive down it or do they jump/teleport/slide down on their rear bumper?

Nice work, though.  It looks very appropriately residential and roomy without becoming a hummer-house.  I would make a few cosmetic changes, especially to the roof, but don't take that as an insult.  I don't typically download lots at all, since building is one of my favorite parts of the game, but I might just take this one.  Well done.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 11, 16:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cute!  I'll enjoy this, thanks.   Smiley   The nice thing about downloading houses from this challenge is the lack of tweaking I need to do -- it's great seeing so many houses designed for gameplay.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 11, 17:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa...I had no idea you could do that with a driveway.  Considering that my main neighborhood has little flat land, I would love to know how it was done.  Do simcars actually drive down it or do they jump/teleport/slide down on their rear bumper?

They sort of teleport into the garage, looks a bit funny but works well if you are a little tight on space. Someone at MTS2 has lots that come with just the basement garage so that you can build your own house over it. I like being kind of 'cheaty' that way. Call me lazy. Tongue Grin
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 12, 06:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley No insult, don't worry, I know I suck, expecially on roofs lol; just figure I've made a special effort just on this occasion, forcing me to paint walls with some variety Wink.

I remember of a tutorial for that kind of garage, but I can find it no more. Anyway it's quite easy: you place the driveway as usual, then activate the cheat constrainfloorelevation false in the cheat box, then dig the slope under the driveway (providing the last row of tiles is 12 clicks deep).
When you're done, here's the amazing trick: grab the driveway and delete it, then immediately undo the action: the driveway will return in place, but perfectly sloped this time.
Turn constrainfloorelevation true, place the driveway extension, then false again and repeat, etc.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 12, 17:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went on a tutorial search after seeing this house, and found this http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?t=963 on how to do sloped driveways. With pics and all! Smiley

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 13, 19:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is great.  I presume one could do a similar procedure to make the drive go up to a house on a hill as well.  I will have to do some experiments with this now.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 13, 20:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is great.  I presume one could do a similar procedure to make the drive go up to a house on a hill as well.  I will have to do some experiments with this now.

There's a tutorial over at MTS2 about uphill garages; do a search for "sloped driveway" and you'll find it. That was where I ended up when searching for the underground garage.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 02, 12:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.1 for aesthetics. The exterior is much nicer than the interior.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 25, 11:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

! THIS LOT HAS NON-LEVEL EDGES !
Placement of this lot in your neighborhood will permanently damage the neighborhood terrain! Do not use this lot!

Bribe: 0.0 (is this supposed to be useful?)
Functionality: 0.6
Scenarios: 0.6
Cost Effectiveness: 0.9
Expand 0.7
Physics: 0.01
Aesthetics: 1.1

Technical: 0.629
Total: 0.377

Correct Behaviors
Anti-Wolf Fencing
Kitchen Firebreak & Visitor Raid Defense Good
Easily Accessible One Desk

Correctable Issues
DO NOT MOVE MAILBOX!
Strange Window-Things Embedded In Random Walls
No Food Near Nursery

Fundamental Flaws
EDGES NOT LEVEL - Lot useless and cannot be placed anywhere other than original neighborhood's spot without damaging terrain!
Warped Driveway Produces Visible Car Clipping Artifacts
Visitors Not Confined To Viewing Deck
Nursery Small, Not On Viewing Deck
« Last Edit: 2007 August 25, 11:28:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: