More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:57:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Create More UNI based Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Create More UNI based Sims?  (Read 6029 times)
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Create More UNI based Sims?
« on: 2007 June 12, 05:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmers, I've been trying to find away to create more UNI sims.

I've started a new hood with all the empty templates etc, so I dont get any of the maxis sims etc.
I has also added new CAS faces, and mods to help in that way.
I have used the NPC Townie tree to make down townies and townies. and thats fine.
I have made with the tree 30 townies (and dont really want any more random townies)

But when I move my sims to Uni into a dorm... no other sims come to take up rooms etc

Is there a way I can create just UNI sims to socialize with and enter the dorms too?

Regards
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Create More UNI based Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 12, 05:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

downtownies and townies aren't in the same pool as dormies.

If you use nodormieregen you won't get any dormies unless you make your own. The NPC tree maker is still broken at making dormies
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 12, 05:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is there  a way i can create dormies?
besides taking out the nodormieregen?

EDIT: im not using the nodormieregen, only the notownieregen
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 12, 05:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create some young adult sims in UniCAS, then use the Teleporter Shrub to make them into townies. They'll become dormies and will be able to move into various dorms.... Unless something has been broken since the last time I've done this.

Fail.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 12, 05:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet... Thankyou SaraMK and IAmTheRad.
I'll try this when I get home tonight.

Also, will more dormies allow them to move into dorms?
Or is something conflicting causing no Dormies to enter/claim a room at a dorm

Regards.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 12, 13:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

odd, I use the empty templates and the game creates dormies once I move a sim into a dorm - the first newly created dormie dosen't show up the minute my sim gets there, takes a little while.

You can also make some YAs in CAS and move them into a dorm and have them claim a door, then make them unselectable - they will leave but they will come back. I do that sometimes.

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 12, 15:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generate townies while on a university lot. I ended up with around 30 Adult "At Campus" townies who were for all purposes, dormies.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 12, 16:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adults or Young Adults? Did the game age your townies back so they were in school? If you marry 'em, do they get the graduated memories? Or if you move 'em in, are they students?

<thought you needed Young Adults>

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 12, 17:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made custom sims in YACAS many times and added them to the townie bin with the teleporter shrub, and that at least works perfectly fine.
I think also the townie tree is smart enoug to understand that any adults generated on a uni lot is a YA.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 12, 19:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made custom sims in YACAS many times and added them to the townie bin with the teleporter shrub, and that at least works perfectly fine.
I think also the townie tree is smart enoug to understand that any adults generated on a uni lot is a YA.

Because Maxis always writes smart code.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 12, 23:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they aren't... well, not *any* adult as not all NPCs are YAs - the cashiers generated to populate Uni community lots (as I only had one before and the game needed several for a couple of lots) are either teens or adults. And there's lots of other NPCs that run around on Uni lots - profs, cooks, the coach, paperboy, newspaper peoples, maids, etc. I've used inteen to allow an adult to live on campus and the game doesn't just turn them into young adults (but Inteen makes it sos they can go to work as well, so who knows what else it changes.)

I've made lots of custom sims and added them to the townie pool without a problem as well (either teens I brought in from the neighborhood and made dormies after they aged up or ones created in the Uni CAS), but they were all Young Adults when I did it. I haven't tried an adult and I'm curious how the game deals with it if they start out in the wrong age group.

Unsouper
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 13, 00:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have since done this... I made 5 YA in the YACAS... but i used the shrub to turn them into townies from the normal parents house in the main n/hood not from a Dorm using one of my sims sent to uni... should i have made them townies from the UNI DORM... or does it not matter i made the YA's townies from the normal n/hood???

regards.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 13, 07:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I specified YACAS, as in Young Adult CAS, as in the one at uni.
They have to be Young Adults to start with, and they have to be on campus.  I think someone once said that you had to use a rented house, not a dorm, so I always do that just in case.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 13, 10:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm interested in what Weaver did with the townie tree and adults <hopes he comes back to answer questions, as I don't think I can mess with the townie tree in my current game>.

I put my young adults in dorms, choose rooms for them, and then make them townies. Works perfectly and I get them in the dorms I want (the ones where my playables are). The only issue I've had with it is that I have the game so limited in dormies that it made one of them an SS member and when I gave him a dorm room, I got a clone. I'm not really minding that - it's a kind of fun glitch.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 14, 20:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone once said that you had to use a rented house, not a dorm, so I always do that just in case.

Nah, I use the otherwise mostly useless 5-room dorm as my 'home' for soon-to-be dormies -- works just fine there.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: