More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:54:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Invisible werewolf eyes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible werewolf eyes?  (Read 3250 times)
MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
Invisible werewolf eyes?
« on: 2007 June 10, 01:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the way werewolf eye colours change to the same identical ugly yellow colour. Given how hard they are to tell apart in screenshots already (the males particularly), I was wondering if it's possible to have their eyes not change? Anyone aware of a hack already out to do this? Or of what would be entailed in creating one? I use custom skins extensively so it would also need to be something compatible with or replacing the custom werewolf skin fix from here.

- /\/\sB -
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Invisible werewolf eyes?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 09:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the eyes are a part of the werewolf "face paint".  It should be a simple alpha edit.
I'll look into it later if no one else comes along with a quick fix.

Edit: If you're using the fix where custom skins use the S3 werewolf texture, this should hopefully do the trick.

* S3ww_alphaedit.package (354.55 KB - downloaded 112 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 June 10, 09:39:33 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Deagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 10, 17:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  Between the walk and the eyes I'd stopped having them.  I found a fix for the walk, and now with this, I'm willing to have them again.  Woo!
MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 11, 05:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: If you're using the fix where custom skins use the S3 werewolf texture, this should hopefully do the trick.

Yes, I'm using the fix from Peasantry by pioupiou.

Tried this in game, I'm getting mixed results - some werewolves are showing up with the werewolf eyes still, others are showing their custom eyes. I'm not sure why the mix, unless it could be related to the fact that some of my werewolves are using default skins and some are using the custom skin?

Thanks so much!

- /\/\sB -
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 11, 10:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't looked closely at how pioupiou's mod work, I only glanced at the description.  I'm assuming then that only custom skins use the S3 werewolf texture, and the maxis default skins stick to their original skins.
Give me a few minutes and I'll do alpha edits of the other textures as well.  I could have done that from the start but I had been hoping to keep the file small...

Edit:  As suspected, the file is too large to upload here.  It's still small my most standards; 1,33MB (compressed), 1,18MB zipped, but too large for Pescado's rules.  I can't stand most free hosts, so I'm going to see about uploading to MTS2, but then I'll have to do some real testing, and get some good screenshots first.

Edit 2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1682314
« Last Edit: 2007 June 11, 12:13:10 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: