More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:11:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It burns!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It burns!  (Read 30697 times)
pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

Malordorous chowder jockey

View Profile
It burns!
« on: 2005 October 06, 03:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What in hades happened to MTS2? I visited there for the first time in weeks (I gave the sims a break for a while), and it's like everyone has been fitted with stupomitron helmets. Scary.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: It burns!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 06, 04:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's not something that's happened to MTS2, but something that's happened to you.  You've been reading the MoreAwesomeThanYou forums and have gotten used to a higher quality of posters.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 06, 05:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well when MTS2 first started out it did have a higher quality of posters, but this was months not weeks ago.  Sad

Somewhere along the line, they just went crazy with the expanding and broadening their focus trying to become all things to all people and becoming this super huge site and ended up picking up a lot of BBS refugees along the way, which in turn tended to drive a lot of what I consider the higher caliber of posters away to other smaller communities and you ended up with the situation you have now.

I also very strongly dislike their new interface which I find somehow paradoxically overly complex and yet dumbed down at the same time. If the point was to make things easier to find, they've failed, at least for when I've tried to browse it with the new interface.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 06, 05:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny, I remember when I first started playing the game(I got it for Christmas last year)I didn't know what the heck I was doing.  So I went to the forums for answers.  Well, I found the comments to be really stupid- Like,I even knew that --Don't you play the game?  Then I found Mod the Sims and I was glad to find the modders.  You got better quality of answers.  Then I found Varioussimmers and then this sight-now even mod the sims seems a little redundant--I still go there to check out mods but the forum has gotten a little scary.  I guess now that I know what I'm doing I should be more understanding to those that are still learning--but they shouldn't act like they know the answers when they don't.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 06, 05:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the new layout at modthesims2 as well. It's a pain in the butt.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 06, 05:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost gave up on forums altogether until I found variousimmers, that site had good quality posts - i.e. readable and with good information too. I followed Pescado here because I recognised quality hacks and haven't regretted it once. Variousimmers has gone a bit like, you know, LOL & L33tSpeeK, since then.

I truly appreciate the fact that most people here are capable of forming complete sentences. That's the bare minimum in a written medium as far as I'm concerned.

What in hades happened to MTS2? I visited there for the first time in weeks (I gave the sims a break for a while), and it's like everyone has been fitted with stupomitron helmets. Scary.

Yeah, what Hook said. Wink

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 06, 05:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting for this forum to start deteriorating.  You can't fight entropy, after all.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 06, 05:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting for this forum to start deteriorating.  You can't fight entropy, after all.

- Gus

Have you read some of the threads lately... in my not so humble opinion, it's already started... *shrugs*

Not that I haven't contributed to that myself, but I'm just a drip drop in the bucket.  Cheesy

Ste

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 06, 15:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also very strongly dislike their new interface which I find somehow paradoxically overly complex and yet dumbed down at the same time. If the point was to make things easier to find, they've failed, at least for when I've tried to browse it with the new interface.

I hate the new interface too.  I was in the chat with JM and Nectere when it launched.  Nectere was the one who told me to go check it out.  He was quite upset about the change and I had to agree.  It's confusing.  You can use the old interface though, there is a link at the bottom of the main page.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 06, 15:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link is for the old front page and that's basically it.  To get a mod, you still have to go through the new interface.

I think it sucks.  It's extremely unwieldy an having the requests in the same area BITES.  The filters are junk and some mods are in the wrong categories.  Angry
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 06, 17:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it sucks.  It's extremely unwieldy an having the requests in the same area BITES.

I remember looking through the hacks (which apparently now are forever in the "Testing Ground" no matter how old or well established they are) and seeing a long list of stuff I though sounded interesting, only to discover 95% of it was requests.  Roll Eyes

It's funny, MTS2 used to be the place for hacks but now it's rather pathetic and barely worth going there for hacks anymore as the bulk of the ones worth anything are either here, VS or Simlogical.

humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 06, 17:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I was the only one who hated the new look at MTS2.  Way too difficult to find things and wading through the garbage just to find a few recolors is way too time consuming for me at this point.  If I had a paint program I would just make my own stuff, all these damn meshes to play with and no way to finish them and since I am not in the 'clique' no one is willing to help (but many of them can get togeather and make sets, go figure).  I get more help here so this is where I go.

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 06, 17:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad somebody started this thread because I was thinking the same thing.  I tried to download something today and couldn't,  so I went to the site problems forum and I read something about people stealing bandwitdth and that Delphy wanted people to turn off their firewalls when they wer downloading stuff or some crazy shit like that.

I think they have totally lost their minds over there.  What is up with them??    Roll Eyes

and yes I hate the new downloads and all the reorginizing,  I can't find a thing.  Huh

me thinks perhaps somebody has to much time on their hands or else they are very compulsive-obsessive.      Grin
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 06, 17:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like sites where I have to hit F5 so often to make it load properly -- i.e. the columns don't load at the right width -- or where I have to scroll endlessly to get past the fact that you have the explanation as a header for every page.  The new MTS2 format can be  highly annoying, though it was nice that I could reset home back to the original.
kasumiarmstrong
Asinine Airhead

moof

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 06, 20:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Connections are breaking...  Downloads are taking forever to find and get...

I swear that Satan made those forums... You keep going in a loop just to get something specific. Huh

Sun Ce: Father, let me have the meatbun!
Sun Jian: This shall be your first meatbun.  I shall expect good things.
Sun Jian to Huang Gai: Take care of him.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 06, 21:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

humybyrd: You could try downloading Paint Shop Pro at jasc.com. It is shareware, but you can use it for 60 days at least (it says 30, but it lets you use it for another 30 days past that) There's also some freeware paint programs such as GIMP which I personally haven't used but I know others who have.

If you've got meshes made seems a shame not to be able to use them. Sad

pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 07, 02:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's not something that's happened to MTS2, but something that's happened to you.  You've been reading the MoreAwesomeThanYou forums and have gotten used to a higher quality of posters.

Don't go by my post count - I've been here since MATY opened. As the old joke goes, up until now, the food's been fine.  I don't post much.
pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 07, 02:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember looking through the hacks (which apparently now are forever in the "Testing Ground" no matter how old or well established they are) and seeing a long list of stuff I though sounded interesting, only to discover 95% of it was requests.  Roll Eyes

We have a winner! This is exactly why I posted. Not only 95% requests, but 95% subliterate requests.

And the new layout smells like ass.
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 07, 03:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki I will have to check them out.  I am really anxious to see if I can get my escalator and chainlink fence done. Would like to work on my electric chair some too but that also involves coding and well lets just say that results have been less than positive (unless you want to create a large graveyard the minute you place an object on a lot, lol).

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 07, 03:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Gus

Have you read some of the threads lately... in my not so humble opinion, it's already started... *shrugs*
That's what Retardo Land is for. If something is stupid, it will be put there. As long as you don't go into Retardo Land without your crash helmet, you'll be fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 07, 04:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you don't go into Retardo Land without your crash helmet, you'll be fine.

Dunno about the crash helmet, a raincoat might be better protection against all the spitting and frothing...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 07, 04:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't go by my post count - I've been here since MATY opened. As the old joke goes, up until now, the food's been fine.  I don't post much.

Oh, I don't mean to imply that there's something *wrong* with you. Sorry if you took it that way.

I registered a day before you did here.  And I mostly quit reading any other forum.  But occasionally I'll take a quick look somewhere else and be totally amazed at the general unawesomeness of the posts.  I don't think that the other forums have changed that much, but that I've simply gotten used to having intelligent adults around.

It's not new.  Back when I was still working on making Supreme Social Sim on the Maxis BBS (I was the second one after Pinstar1161, creator of the Legacy Challenge), a typical thread would be someone asking a question followed by several wrong answers, a right answer, and then several more posts, many disputing the right answer.  And it was painfully obvious that many of the posters didn't read the entire thread before posting, even if the thread was short.  Answering questions almost never got benes;  I viewed it as community service work.  The whole thing quit being fun long before I stopped going there.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 07, 05:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I wondered if I was the only one completely confused by their new layout. 
I thought they spent all that time to make things more organized?

Uh yeah...real organized over there now *chuckles*

I didn't chat much over there...just took the downloads...thanked whoever did a great job and left. 
Now I can't even find what I'm looking for w/o running in circles and skimming through tons of worthless posts.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 07, 10:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loathe MTS2 now. Like so many here know, it used to be a good forum and you could find really excellent material. Now, the new interface is a piece of shite, and the forums are a complete joke. In my humble opinion... lol

J.M., please don't let the wassacks (not all are) in Retardo Land attempt a takeover...I implore you. It's scary in there sometimes, and crash helmets are the least protection you require. I'm considering investing in a full-on bio-hazard suit with matching body armour.

Meh...
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 07, 11:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loathe MTS2 now. Like so many here know, it used to be a good forum and you could find really excellent material. Now, the new interface is a piece of shite, and the forums are a complete joke. In my humble opinion... lol

J.M., please don't let the wassacks (not all are) in Retardo Land attempt a takeover...I implore you. It's scary in there sometimes, and crash helmets are the least protection you require. I'm considering investing in a full-on bio-hazard suit with matching body armour.

laeshanin, you should NEVER go anywhere without body armor anyway.  ;-)

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: