More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:45:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Never-ending flower delivery and some other random crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Never-ending flower delivery and some other random crap  (Read 8545 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Never-ending flower delivery and some other random crap
« on: 2007 June 09, 17:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have two Sims who live on the same lot and they have a date, when the Sim goes to deposit the flowers after the date, they become stuck in an endless loop of putting down the flowers. I can delete the flowers with move_objects, but then the Sim cannot be interacted with, nor can I click on the Sim itself for Macrotastics and the like. I cannot shift-click to force an error. All I can do is delete the Sim from the lot and reload. This problem started when I got OFB, I think. I do not have Pets or Seasons. No error message is produced.

Second problem. My Sims seem suddenly to be obsessed with using objects already in use. For example, Sim A is taking a bath. Suddenly, Sims B & C want to clean the tub while Sim A is in it. No one is stargazing. I send Sim A and suddenly I notice that Sim B is heading for the telescope. Same with the piano. It's like a copy-cat syndrome or something.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Never-ending flower delivery and some other random crap
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 09, 20:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really have no idea how to fix these things, but I have noticed the first one. My Sims don't get stuck placing flowers indefinitely, but they do certainly go through the loop at least five times. It's getting really annoying for me.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 09, 20:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Five times you say? Hmmm. Maybe I'm being impatient and acting too soon. I'll have to check that. Thanks!
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 09, 22:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, it isn't less than five times, but it does get ridiculous after awhile. I've had ones that went on for several Sim hours and resulted in one of them missing work.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 10, 00:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way i've found to break that loop,  is to que up something else for them to do, then cancell that cue at the end of the next loop.  For some reason, that seems to break them out of it.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 10, 03:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pause just as they finish the placing and put their hands over their heart...then go into buy mode and delete the offending object.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 10, 03:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way i've found to break that loop,  is to que up something else for them to do, then cancell that cue at the end of the next loop.  For some reason, that seems to break them out of it.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 10, 03:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pause just as they finish the placing and put their hands over their heart...then go into buy mode and delete the offending object.

That's what I have been doing, but it borks the Sim. They can't be interacted with and you cannot queue up macro-type stuff on them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 10, 04:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, never ending flower delivery. I have an Undiscovered Shiny somewhere that simply quashes flower delivery for resident sims, so if your sim is actually resident on the lot, he will not deliver any flowers. Because honestly, that's pretty stupid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 10, 09:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, never ending flower delivery. I have an Undiscovered Shiny somewhere that simply quashes flower delivery for resident sims, so if your sim is actually resident on the lot, he will not deliver any flowers. Because honestly, that's pretty stupid.

Ooooohh,   a Shiny that i could actuallly use !!   It wouldn't bother me in the least to not get those flowers for my married couples.   I only do them to get those silly Family sims back into platinum.  I get tired of having to call every single friend, just so they can tickle/admire/entertain/wash/repeat.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 10, 09:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooohh,   a Shiny that i could actuallly use !!   It wouldn't bother me in the least to not get those flowers for my married couples.   I only do them to get those silly Family sims back into platinum.  I get tired of having to call every single friend, just so they can tickle/admire/entertain/wash/repeat.
Sounds like you need wfsanity also, to keep low-value wants from fixating on people-who-aren't-here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 10, 10:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[
Sounds like you need wfsanity also
[/quote]

Okay, went and snagged the wfsanity fix, now i'll just sit back and wait for the    "also"    new Shiny.    Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 10, 11:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new shiny is currently being tested by the Fat Gwilly One and will probably be stamped for public release later today.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 10, 12:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second problem. My Sims seem suddenly to be obsessed with using objects already in use. For example, Sim A is taking a bath. Suddenly, Sims B & C want to clean the tub while Sim A is in it. No one is stargazing. I send Sim A and suddenly I notice that Sim B is heading for the telescope. Same with the piano. It's like a copy-cat syndrome or something.

This has been happening to me, too, since Seasons.  I send a teen sim to the computer to apply for scholarships, and suddenly, his mother, who is halfway across the lot, has the sudden urge to play a computer game or chat online.  Or a sim is standing in the kitchen with their hunger bar over 3/4 full, and another sim gets sent to get something to eat, and the first sim suddenly decides to get something to eat. 

It doesn't seem to matter what the object is that I send a sim to use, another sim somewhere on the lot who previously had no desire to use it, and whose need bar is either full or mostly full for whatever that object would satisfy, suddenly gets the urge to hog it before the sent sim gets there.  Or the second sim wants to clean the object or turn it off.

It used to just happen with 3-bolt couples who felt they had to be joined at the hip for everything either of them did, but now it's progressed to siblings, parent and child, etc.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 10, 13:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bug since the very beginning (since Nightlife).  Once I had a vampire husband that ended a date right before leaving for work at 7.  He came home from work in the daytime and got stuck in that loop until he burnt to a crisp.  Since Pets I had not noticed it at all, so perhaps this is something that was fixed with Pets and then broken again with Seasons.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 10, 13:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but they do certainly go through the loop at least five times.

One of my lots has a Servo-walk-the-dog-twice loop.  The Servo walks the dog, returns to the house, and away they go again.

What's interesting is that about halfway to the portal the action stops and the Servo waves his arms in frustration.  Maybe the snow is rusting the Servo circuits?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 10, 14:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new shiny is currently being tested by the Fat Gwilly One and will probably be stamped for public release later today.

Excellent! Now we need an "object in use", ABORT, ABORT! hack.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 10, 14:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second that motion. A computer in use hack would be most appreciated. And the 'turn off' computer while it's in use is also frustrating. Both are pet peeves of mine.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 10, 14:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second that motion. A computer in use hack would be most appreciated. And the 'turn off' computer while it's in use is also frustrating. Both are pet peeves of mine.

Crammyboy has an old hack that stops that.  It still works.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 10, 14:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening to me, too, since Seasons.

I have not noticed this in my regular game (through OFB, no crap packs), but I've been playing a "clean" game using an alternate user account, and this behavior is epidemic in that neighborhood . . . or at least in that household, since there's only one so far.   Tongue

I second that motion. A computer in use hack would be most appreciated. And the 'turn off' computer while it's in use is also frustrating.

Crammyboy has an old hack that stops that.  It still works.

Ah, you beat me to it. It's the Computer Madness Fix. A similar function is built into Monique's hacked computers, so if you have those (highly recommended), you don't need Cboy's hack (I believe they conflict).

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 10, 23:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn on/turn off the stereo loops drive me nuts, too. It's bad enough that I have to listen to that salsa channel 24/7, but do the simmies have to make it skip so much?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 11, 03:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an OLD issue that was killed aeons ago. Try the stereo hack. It ceases this nuisance so that the stereo will be left however you tell them to leave it.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 19, 16:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's funny when my teen turns on his stereo (which is in his own room, mind) and his sister (child) comes in and turns it off again, he turns it back on, she turns it off. I just wish he'd slap her silly for it too Wink

Unsouper
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 21, 03:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I had just the same situation, but the teen would start lecturing him for it! I didn't even realize teens could lecture Cheesy

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: