More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:09:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  L&P: Bug Deadpool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: L&P: Bug Deadpool  (Read 71480 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
L&P: Bug Deadpool
« on: 2007 June 08, 07:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So everyone loves to babble about Lies and Propaganda, but here at MATY, we focus on the reality.

So here's the challenge: Predict the BUGS and FEATURES THAT FAIL TO MATERIALIZE as seen in the LIES AND PROPAGANDA. Winner is the player with the highest number of correct unique bug and omission predictions. A feature omission must be backed by evidence that said feature was either promised explicitly or strongly implied by official propaganda images and/or text. So go for it: PREDICT THE LIES AND PROPAGANDA.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: L&P: Bug Deadpool
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 08, 08:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! This will be a challenge. hard to choose from when there will be probably so many of these buggies popping up everywhere in this new ep Wink. Just betting to see which old ones from seasons like say the happy go lucky lighting strikes bug will de fixed or not.

A Sims Nightmare!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 08, 08:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to predict NEW bugs, not old ones! Everyone knows they don't fix the old ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 08, 08:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food serving issues in hotels and restaurants.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 08, 08:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random buggy crap caused by deaths on vacation lots.

Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 08, 08:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To much Woo Hoo advertisment in camping tent bug.

A Sims Nightmare!
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 08, 08:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm That could be a good bug Wink

A Sims Nightmare!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 08, 09:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aging on or aging off?

A romantic getaway could lead to pregnancy.  If aging is on, do they spend the rest of their vacation with a screaming baby (since there's no guarantee this Seasons glitch will be fixed ... and if is, they'll probably break it again the L&P) who never ages into toddler, or even worse the sim doesn't even give birth, but stays pregnant for the duration of the holiday with rapidly-dropping needs ...  Or if aging is on, can the babies age to late teens without ever attending school?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 08, 09:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm betting we won't get an ocean to go with our tropical island. Notice how the screenshot of sims tanning on beach towels conveniently shows no water at all, just sand. They'll withhold real islands to force us to buy Life Stories: Castaways.

I'm also betting we won't get anything that takes advantage of the weather we got in Seasons. Forget skiing. Forget snowboarding. Forget a mountain location where you can do anything aside from the camping already shown in the pictures.

Lastly, I'm betting the way you turn into Bigfoot is by getting mauled by a bear, which will be the stupidest thing ever, though not a bug per se.

Fail.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 08, 09:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If aging is on, do they spend the rest of their vacation with a screaming baby (since there's no guarantee this Seasons glitch will be fixed ...

that bug did get fixed in the (first) Seasons patch (they are still working on the second patch apparently)

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 08, 09:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni: YAs will not be sent back to Uni after vacation, but to the main hood -> game crashes, because there is no home to return to.

General: Sims will get a malus for not attending work, though there is *no* way to go to work from the vacation lots.

General: Items sims purchase / win / whatever will disappear from inventory as soon as they are back home.

OfB: Profit from owned vacation lots will be deducted from the family funds.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 08, 10:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this counts, but assuming the L&P second seasons patch fixes the piano, I bet BV breaks it again. 

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Skarlath
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 08, 14:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about if you have pets? I'm sure there will be a lot of bugs dealing with pets. For example: You take Fifi the poodle along for the trip. You come back home and Fifi is gone.

I'm pretty sure pets will get stuck on vacation lots. Poor Fifi.  Undecided

If I could go back and do it all over again, I'D KILL MORE PEOPLE.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 08, 16:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about if you have pets? I'm sure there will be a lot of bugs dealing with pets. For example: You take Fifi the poodle along for the trip. You come back home and Fifi is gone.

This could actually be a useful feature
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 08, 16:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Babies and toddlers are not allowed to go on vacation, by design. However, when a sim calls to invite another household on vacation with them, the ankle-biters show up and are not interactable. Since no social worker can come to vacation lots, the buggers die. Could be good, could be bad. Could be a new way for the Oversoul to enforce population control.

2. Increased chance of food poisoning on vacation lots = more dead simmies.

3. The firepit has a small chance of igniting sims by design. However, they bork the probability and pretty much every sim that comes within five squares of it ignites.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 08, 17:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using new pagoda-style roof causes random lots sharing the same 'hood to somehow spawn pagoda-style roofs as well, like a plague.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 08, 19:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, pagoda roof reverts to normal roof every time you exit and re-enter the lot.

Ninjas will be running around non-Asian hoods.
Boats and Van tours will disappear off screen and never return, but only under rare and certain circumstances.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 08, 20:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about this major probability:

Problems occur when send a sim to and bringing a sim back from vacation and the lots enter in build mode, like the OFB bug.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 09, 10:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kid sims will be unable to escape hugs from the MASCOTS OF DOOM - they will get stuck and end up dying a sad and miserable death while their parents look on in horror.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 09, 12:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have OFB, the ninja outfit will show up incorrectly (or not at all) due to a missing mesh.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 09, 13:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you do  have OFB, you'll get them twice. Because we all love mascot outfits sooooo much.

Fail.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 11, 05:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thinking aloud here... 3 destinations = 3 new sub-hoods = triple the NPC/townie spam.

New NPC type(s) will be introduced with borked DNA. Your game will collapse in a BFBVFS if one of your simmies romances one of said NPCs and brings them back to their home hood.

You are forced to play your vacation in its entirety as the save outside your home hood facility will be broken resulting in loss of precious sims.

You leave the rugrats at home in the care of a nanny who promptly disappears as you're not at work. Return home to find nasty note from social worker and no rugrats. Social worker returns an hour later to claim any children that were on vacation with you.

Most vacation activities take place outside, which is likely to prove fatal in combination with Seasons weather. Tents will attract lightning like moths to a flame and will not provide any protection from the elements so expect lots of frozen/overheated sims.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 11, 06:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thinking aloud here... 3 destinations = 3 new sub-hoods = triple the NPC/townie spam.

*gags*

And I'm betting they'll be extra creative in the method by which these NPC's will get dumped into your neighborhoods, meaning it will take me that much longer to figure it out and squash it.

Let's see, we have sub-hoods, stealth sub-hoods, occupied houses getting dumped in the bin... what next, EAxis, what next, I ask you?

(actually, I don't really want the answer to that  Lips sealed)

Fail.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 11, 07:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about:

Game crashes immediately upon loading.

All Sims die.

That sound EAxis-y enough.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 11, 16:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New NPC type(s) will be introduced with borked DNA. Your game will collapse in a BFBVFS if one of your simmies romances one of said NPCs and brings them back to their home hood.
Bet ya the new pedophile NPC's are just like the drivers in that they don't really "exist" persay. But the kiddies will use the tombstone to add them to the family and come crying to the BBS.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: