More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:39:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Other Ways To Move In Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Other Ways To Move In Sims?  (Read 5906 times)
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Other Ways To Move In Sims?
« on: 2007 June 07, 22:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rachel in my Lothario family had a kid with Jim in my Yarvis family. The problem is that they aren't married, and they are on two separate lots. Right now, the child is on Rachel's lot, but I would like him on Jim's lot. But I don't want to have to move Rachel into Jim's lot, and then move her back out again, just so Jim can have the kid. Is there any way to move the child into Jim's lot without having to move Rachel into his lot? Like some hidden interaction or mod? I would even be able to go into SimPE and edit my Sim files, if someone gave me instructions on how to do it.

Thanks,
Orbit
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Other Ways To Move In Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use the teleporter shrub?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 07, 23:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use testingcheats to summon the child to the lot, then addneighbortofamilycheat on (not sure if that's right, type in help to see the correct way to type it in) to add him to the household.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 08, 01:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also Ste's Move In for All Ages, in Thorax Corp, but how useful that would be depends on the age of the child. (If the kid is already in child age -- as opposed to baby or toddler -- then it'll do the trick.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 08, 03:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill the child with fire, then have Jim raise him with the Ressurect-O-Nomitron.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 08, 04:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like how the methods for transferring the kid to another lot are getting progressively more complicated and difficult to carry out.

I like notovny's though.

Fail.
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 09, 02:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The child is still only a toddler, for people who want to know. Thanks for submitting ideas on how to move the child in.

Kill the child with fire, then have Jim raise him with the Ressurect-O-Nomitron.

I like this route too, but then again I don't want my family getting "X Killed" memories all over the place.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 09, 07:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Pets or Seasons (don't know which one adds this option as I installed both at the same time) you can invite the whole household over. I think you'd be able to use the boolprop to move it in as per Misty's suggestion. Smiley

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 09, 07:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if we are going to explore all options, no matter how silly or complicated; you can use SimPE to edit family information and just move the sim in question from one family to another.

Personally, I'd use the teleporter shrub.  Some people are weary of hacks, but the shrub is just a hacked object; no globals.  It does nothing unless you use it, and it's very safe.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 09, 08:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's teleporter shrub (or painting) is by far the easiest way, I use it all the time.  Just click on it, choose the family, tp the person in, then click Move In and it's done.  Takes a few seconds.  If you prefer to do it in SimPE, you need Family Information in the left hand panel.  Bring up the family where the toddler is currently living, delete her and Commit.  Go to the family you want her to reside in, add her, Commit and Save.  Load up the game and go into the family.  She won't be on the loading screen, but you will find her sitting by the mailbox.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 09, 08:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No guys, the addneighbor cheat is the easiest. No downloads required and no searching through a dozen pie menus.
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 09, 20:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that I've got moving the child taken care of, Rachel had another baby. I didn't want this baby, so I killed it. Is there any way to delete all existence of the child out of the game, such as deleting the child out of the family tree, and deleting memories of the child?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 10, 05:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo? You will also have to additionally kill all the family ties.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 10, 19:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks J.M. I found it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: