More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:49:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  H&M Stuff Bug Reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: H&M Stuff Bug Reports  (Read 6405 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
H&M Stuff Bug Reports
« on: 2007 June 07, 18:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suppose we ought to have a bug report thread, in case this breaks something that was previously fixed or somesuch. And also for people like me who're willing to pay $10 for it but not willing to install it until other people have playtested it. Tongue

Feedback on whether it has the same problem as Celebrations is probably useful (although IIRC that problem is only meaningful for people who have Celebrations but don't have Seasons).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: H&M Stuff Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 23:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know what hack is causing it but when I try to access the new clothes at the store--my computer crashes--must be some clothing hack.  I'll investigate and find out.  I took out my clothing hack and everything is fine.  It was the hack that allows elders to wear adult clothes--I don't know how that would have anything to do with adult clothes--but it worked so I'm happy.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 16, 06:08:38 by Process Denied » Logged
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 07, 23:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this counts, even though I haven't even been able to play it yet: I can't install.
I'm using a downloaded H&M pack over a downloaded Seasons.. My Seasons CDs didn't read right and I don't want to buy H&M in case it sucks. I'm also using Celebrations.

I really don't want to reinstall Seasons if I can help it. Anybody else have this error, or a solution other than the sucky one provided?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 08, 00:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be a problem with the file you downloaded. There was talk about it on TPB. Did you download the procyon one?

It also might be something as simple as needing to put back the original exe and then installing H&M before putting back the hacked exe.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 08, 00:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of BBSers are saying that if you patch seasons before installing H&M it won't crash when installing the patch. Others are saying the uninstalling seasons, then installing H&M then seasons will make it work...

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 08, 02:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience...   I installed Celebrations when it first came out and didn't notice anything all that new but from what i was reading it was mostly about parties and such so i didn't worry about it to much...

I assumed seasons would be too much for my computer so i never installed that... so i've got all ep's and sp's except seasons installed... I thought i'd check out H&M to see what it came with... i went through the same prob as reeseinpieces but did what katenigma suggest and that seemed to let it do a full install...

Tried to start the game with the H&M shortcut but that didn't work... so i used the pets shortcut instead... I got the CELEBRATIONS splash screen....  eewwww... thought i'd check out the clothes and found that now the celebrations stuff is enabled, but no H&M clothing...hhhmm wierd... i wanted to check out any new objects too but trying to enter any lot would crash me back to the desktop...

I finally uninstalled H&M and now i can enter lots but i've lost all the celebrations stuff too even though it's still installed...

I would be so pissed off if i actually paid for them. I think it's a way for EA to force you to install seasons... Evil EAxis  Angry
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 08, 06:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed downloaded H&M over downloaded Seasons. I forgot to change the .exe back before I installed. After H&M installed, it patched Seasons, then Pets - I'd obviously forgotten last time I reloaded my machine. Once I replaced the .exe in Seasons again, everything ran fine.

So it can work. I did create a vanilla Sims 2 folder in Mydocs before installing though.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LycosV
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 08, 06:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the same error as reeseinpieces.  The installation went fine then it errored when trying to patch the objects.package for seasons rolling back the whole install (overkill in my opinion).  I tried downloading the patch and running it manually and that didn't work.
I did fix it though by getting the objects.package from my cd and overwritting the installed one.  I patched from the downloaded CD patch and then the install worked fine.
Note: My objects.package file had a different modified date than the original on the CD and my guess was that I had accidentaly changed it somehow (sometimes I browse through them looking for things to mod)

I'm kind of annoyed that I have to use the season's disc to play; I was looking forward to a new loading screen.  The seasons one has kind of worn out its welcome for me.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 08, 07:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the error too, in fact, twice.

I simply had to replace my edited GraphicsRules file with the original and temporarily remove the no-cd crack. After that I haven't had any problems.

Fail.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 08, 11:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On both my laptop and desktop I had to uninstall/reinstall Pets after getting a similar error message to the posted Seasons one. I would have sworn I'd patched Pets but maybe not. Anyway, it was quick, painless, and didn't give me back any of the crap Maxis characters (Critturs, anyone?) that come with Pets. Other than that, smooth sailing.
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 08, 11:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had thought to change back the cracked .exe, but I'd forgotten entirely about my edited GraphicsRules file. Now it's stopping on objects.package. Replacing that with the one from the cd... And it worked! Hooray. Thanks everyone.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 08, 12:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a problem specifically with the Seasons patch and H&M, or are all the related reports isolated to people using no-CD stuff and/or just plain downloaded copies of Seasons? I keep thinking about going no-CD to avoid wearing the damn disc out, but haven't done it yet.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 08, 13:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These reports are just the standard run of people with either modified files (no cds, user edits) or corrupted ones (objects.package).
EA's moronic patcher is incapable of handling this. Just copy back the crap from the CD, and all problems are resolved.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: