More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:04:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Kewian's entry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kewian's entry  (Read 11739 times)
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Kewian's entry
« on: 2007 June 07, 18:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not exactly cheap but I did deflate the expense for by about 50,000 , its 5x5 extremely large, sims can roam at will (only the ones you want of course all others are prohibited) everything is easily accessible, lot is flat as it can be.  Bribe..uh.. same as last time 5 dollars.

Because Maty is being a bitch right now.. here is my simpage for it:  http://tinyurl.com/2jyxo4  One thing I noticed I thought I had removed it... but there is a mood adjustor on there from the insimenator. I didnt intend to leave that but I have been fighting this for too long  to redo it. Its just a small green plumbob by the grove. Easily deletable.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 07, 18:58:07 by kewian » Logged

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Kewian's entry
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 18:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The swimming pool is great!

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 07, 19:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the whale pool! Cheesy
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 02, 13:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0.3 for aesthetics. What is up with all the furniture in front of the big windows?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 02, 13:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Kewian, we know you're a whale and your blubbery carcass needs lots of space, but isn't this a bit excessive? Your room partitioning is terrible. Your placement of sprinklers in the greenhouse looks like it was performed by your retarded kid, as there's maybe 50% more sprinklers than is needed to achieve full coverage, yet simultaneously fails to achieve complete coverage of the garden plots.

Bribe: 0.125
Functionality: 0.3
Scenarios: 0.25
Cost Effectiveness: 0.5
Expand 0.8
Physics: 1.0
Aesthetics: 0.3

Technical: 0.408
Total: 0.295

Correct Behaviors
Level Edges - Will Not Damage Neighborhood
Anti-Wolf Fencing
Short Distance For Mailbox->The One Desk

Correctable Issues
Endemic Room Partitioning Issues: Most Rooms Unnecessarily While Simultaneously Exhibiting Poor Functionality
Brain-Dead Placement Of Furniture Relative to Windows
Floor Tiling In Pool Unexplainably Incomplete
Visitor Access Control Inadequate
Garage Nonfunctional, Clogged With Garbage, Partioned Too Small For Door
Unexplainable Door To Nowhere On Second Level
Absolutely Baffling Sprinkler Placement
Compost Barrels Not Placed Near Trees For Easy Leaf Collection

Fundamental Flaws
Extensive Overhaul Required To Make This Efficiently Playable

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 03, 07:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That pool is a level of awesomesauce all it's own, regardless of the house.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 03, 18:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your placement of sprinklers in the greenhouse looks like it was performed by your retarded kid, as there's maybe 50% more sprinklers than is needed to achieve full coverage, yet simultaneously fails to achieve complete coverage of the garden plots.

Could you explain to us retarded kids how to place sprinklers correctly? I notice that when I go to place the sprinkler, it will use up a certain number of squares, depending on its size. But the water doesn't appear to actually hit all the squares. So are we supposed to go by the placement grid, or where the water appears to hit?

Also, I never see the sprinkler water after the sprinklers are placed. It only shows up when I am in buy or build mode. Is that normal? I wonder because I notice that my Sims seem to water the plants that are covered by sprinklers as much as the ones that don't have a sprinkler. (I've been doing some of both to observe the differnces). And what does it mean when a plant appears to be dripping? At first I thought it meant overwatering, but I've seen Sims continue to water these plants as much as the non-dripping ones.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 03, 21:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you explain to us retarded kids how to place sprinklers correctly? I notice that when I go to place the sprinkler, it will use up a certain number of squares, depending on its size. But the water doesn't appear to actually hit all the squares. So are we supposed to go by the placement grid, or where the water appears to hit?
Sprinklers cover all tiles their placement grid overlaps, as long as those tiles are all in the same "room".

Also, I never see the sprinkler water after the sprinklers are placed. It only shows up when I am in buy or build mode. Is that normal?
If by water, you mean the dome, yes. The sprinkler will only display the dome during build/buy. At other times it will randomly trigger and produce a (very laggy) sprinkler effect.

I wonder because I notice that my Sims seem to water the plants that are covered by sprinklers as much as the ones that don't have a sprinkler. (I've been doing some of both to observe the differnces).
How are you watering? By Water Many, or Macro Garden/Be Farmer? Water Many will water all plants below a certain water-accumulation threshold, as well as the plant you clicked on to trigger it. The Sprinkler, however, raises the water level of plants to a lower level that is below the water-many threshold. Both are perfectly adequate for the plant, but the sprinkler will not ordinarly block the Water Many behavior, thus creating the illusion that the sprinkler does not eliminate the need for watering. Macro Garden detects when a plant is covered correctly by a non-broken sprinkler and will pass it up for watering if your sim already has a gold badge (and therefore does not need the badge practice of performing manual watering).

And what does it mean when a plant appears to be dripping? At first I thought it meant overwatering, but I've seen Sims continue to water these plants as much as the non-dripping ones.
A dripping plant is overwatered and will slowly lose health over time until it stops being overwatered. This can happen if you use Water Many because the plant you clicked on to water will always be watered again, even if it doesn't need to be. The Skillinator's "Gain Gardening" feature will also deliberately overwater a plant because the act of watering a plant grants badge points, regardless of necessity. It also raises the plant's health in the short term faster than talking to it, so a sim in Macro Garden may deliberately overwater a plant to raise it quickly to thriving status before harvesting it. And if your sims are doing it autonomously (do they?), then they're just going to fuck things up, you know they're stupid, don't let 'em do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 04, 00:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using macro>garden.

These are my first gardening experiences and your detailed explanation helped me to understand. Some stuff was being done because the gardener has less than a gold badge. The overwatering was occuring mostly when 'harvest' was available on the plant, but I hadn't harvested yet because I was hoping to raise its health somehow first. I didn't know whether to harvest as soon as it is available, or try to improve the situation (if possible). No one has harvested with macro>garden so I assume that is left for us to do manually (unless harvesting is restricted to those with better badges).

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 04, 01:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are my first gardening experiences and your detailed explanation helped me to understand. Some stuff was being done because the gardener has less than a gold badge. The overwatering was occuring mostly when 'harvest' was available on the plant, but I hadn't harvested yet because I was hoping to raise its health somehow first. I didn't know whether to harvest as soon as it is available, or try to improve the situation (if possible). No one has harvested with macro>garden so I assume that is left for us to do manually (unless harvesting is restricted to those with better badges).
Harvesting is not restricted by badge, but at a lot which is a business, unless you have the Fish and Harvest fix detected by modprobing, only the owner may harvest. The "overwatering" is actually a deliberate attempt by Macrotastics to raise the health of the blighted plant before harvesting it. Macrotastics will not harvest the plant until the produce is no longer defective, as defective produce is worthless.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: