More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:46:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Ziggy's Doodle Haus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ziggy's Doodle Haus  (Read 12909 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Ziggy's Doodle Haus
« on: 2007 June 07, 16:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doodle Haus

Designed by Servo Petir van der Rode, AIA.
Constructed by Benny's Bots and Home Construction Ltd, Bluewater Village (License No. EPs12345/GL). 
Interiors by Brandi Broke. 
Landscaping by Don Lothario.

Completely constructed with recycled materials, this eco-friendly  "green" residence is guaranteed to withstand the rain of fire, lightning strikes, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, mudslides, blizzards, peeing penguins, dogs and cats, insect attacks, and tsunamis.

Specs:
Lot size: 5 x 5
Three bedrooms (two down, one up)
Five bathrooms (three down, two up)
Kitchen
Dining room
Game/music/pet room off kitchen
Open living space with excellent natural light for artistic endeavors
Garage with additional storage space on lower level for those ungainly aspiration rewards.  For the violent or antisocial Sim, a floor can be installed in the windowless second garage level, a secret entry door added, and presto!  Instant vampire housing, ammunition storage, torture chamber, killing room, etc.

Loft open space easily converted to office, exercise room, library, workshop, bunk room, sauna (or all of them).

Greenhouse and swimming pool will be constructed according to the owner's specifications.  Ample space for orchard and garden greenhouses.  Call Countess Carrie Crumplebottom 666-6666 (evenings only)

NOTES #1: The decor and furnishings in the loft bedroom suite were staged for photographic purposes and are not included in the package.  #2: There is a very slight slope to a few tiles along one side of the lot.  This lot has been thoroughly tested, moved around, and played.  It presents no terrain problems.

Price: $ 66,373 unfurnished
           $136,603 furnished and landscaped (last time I checked)

Bribe: Treasured family barbecue marinade and sauce recipe, excellent for chicken and simply stellar on roadkill.  [The sauce has a vinegar base which will compliment Pescado's personality.]

For interior and more exterior shots visit:
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/Ziggydoodle/MATY/

* Zig's Doodle Haus.Sims2Pack (1907.81 KB - downloaded 457 times.)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ziggy's Doodle Haus
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 23:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bribe: Treasured family barbecue marinade and sauce recipe, excellent for chicken and simply stellar on roadkill.  [The sauce has a vinegar base which will compliment Pescado's personality.]
Better make sure it doesn't have any garlic in it. Pescado hiss at garlic.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 08, 00:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it has a touch of garlic. Adds to the mystery and hides the odor of old, swollen roadkill.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 08, 00:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado hiss at garlic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 08, 13:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pes, you can just omit the garlic and add more onion.  Or vinegar.  After all, vinegar inhibits the growth of  E.coli 0157:H7 bacteria, which could be beneficial given your dietary habits.

Ziggy can't believe she blew her 1,000th post on vinegar.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 02, 11:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

! THIS LOT HAS NON-LEVEL EDGES !
Placement of this lot in your neighborhood will permanently damage the neighborhood terrain! Do not use this lot!

Bribe: 0.0 (is this supposed to be useful?)
Functionality: 0.4
Scenarios: 0.5
Cost Effectiveness: 1.1
Expand 2.0
Physics: 0.1
Aesthetics: 2.0

Technical: 0.716
Total: 0.43

Correct Behaviors
Kitchen Firebreak & Visitor Raid Defense Good
Expansion Room Adequate

Correctable Issues
No Anti-Wolf Fencing!
No Nursery!
Placement of Bedrooms on Viewing Deck Wastes Viewable Space
The One Desk Too Far Away
Visitor Not Properly Confined To Viewing Deck

Fundamental Flaws
EDGES NOT LEVEL - Lot useless and cannot be placed anywhere other than original neighborhood's spot without damaging terrain!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 02, 23:01:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 02, 15:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Placement of this lot in your neighborhood will permanently damage the neighborhood terrain! Do not use this lot!

Pure hogwash.  As stated in Note #2 in the description, I moved this house several times and moved other homes into the lots it had occupied, and there was no damage to the terrain.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 02, 22:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WRONG. Photographic evidence:

As you can see in this photo, the damaged terrain on your lot means the lot refuses to be placed flush with another properly "flat" edge lot.

When placed so that it no longer is in contact with another flat lot, observe how it damages the roadway, making it so other lots cannot be placed along that section of road.

Close-up from lot-view. Observe damage inflicted to road, and the decidedly NON-LEVEL line of the edge.

Right side is damaged also, see non-level edge.

Conclusion: You .
This lot, whatever its other merits, is UNUSABLE because it will permanently corrupt neighborhood terrain if placed anywhere other than its original spot in its original neighborhood. What would otherwise have been a useful lot is rendered nothing more than pretty garbage unfit to leave the lotbin because of this critical flaw which will permanently damage your neighborhood. Pity, really, because there's absolutely NO REASON why you had to include that.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 03, 00:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ziggy, did you use something to lighten the pictures of your house? It appears as if everything in your pictures is lighter than it should be.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 00:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her brightness settings are probably higher than mine.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 03, 00:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The settings on her monitor does not change what is capture when using print screen, but I'm guessing that because of the pictures' uniform sizes that they were captured in game, which may retain the monitor's settings, or just brighten the picture entirely. I haven't noticed this on my houses though.

I'm not convinced.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 03, 02:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The settings on her monitor does not change what is capture when using print screen, but I'm guessing that because of the pictures' uniform sizes that they were captured in game, which may retain the monitor's settings, or just brighten the picture entirely. I haven't noticed this on my houses though.
The monitor settings, no. The system settings, maybe. If you've fiddled with the gamma on your computer, you might very well get odd-looking screenshots.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 03, 13:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ziggy, did you use something to lighten the pictures of your house?

I ran the jpegs through IrfanView to lighten them as they were very dark on my crappy office monitor as well as on my quite good home monitor, compared to the actual game views.

As to the road damage, I can't recall ever having completely flat roads since I installed the base game.  The hills have never caused any issues and I play about five variations of that house in my hood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 03, 21:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonetheless, the warped terrain causes permanent damage to any other neighborhood, so your lot is useless outside of your original neighborhood. Furthermore, the warpage physically blocks the placement of the house, as seen above.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: