More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 05:55:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wall Boundaries
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wall Boundaries  (Read 5239 times)
Silverclaws
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Wall Boundaries
« on: 2007 June 07, 14:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to make a decent looking town for a while now and was wondering if there is any way to build walls right to the boundaries of the lots. It just seems a little silly that every house in the neibhourhood is detached.

Is there any building method/hack that enables you to build walls to the boundaries that anyone has made?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've quickly searched through the last few pages of topics and didn't see anything.

Thanks
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Wall Boundaries
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 14:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No there isn't, sadly. I would love to be able to build lots right to the edge.

Silverclaws
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 07, 14:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shame, thanks for replying so quickly anyway  Smiley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 07, 18:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fences can go to the boundary, though. Often I'll add a fence around in my more populated areas to make the homes look back-to-back.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 07, 22:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greenhouses can be built within one square of the boundry.  Walls have to be 2 squares away.  Fences can be on the boundry.
There is no hack or workaround.  People have been asking for one since the basegame.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 07, 23:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What someone should do is make a fence that looks like a wall. Then we could recolor it to match our favorite wall coverings. I'd find that useful.

Fail.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 07, 23:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought of that before SaraMK, but then we'd also need something very rook-like because you can't build those to the edge either.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 08, 08:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing you mean 'roof' Misty. The roofs are the problem-they need at least 2 squares of space from the boundary or you cannot place them. That's why the walls can't be built right to the edge. It sucks.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 08, 08:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could still make flat roofs using floor tiles and then a low fence around the edges. A lot of my houses have that kind of roof.

Fail.
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 08, 17:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the matching tall fence and awning from the euro set and the fairytale set to make bathrooms and occasionally pantries and bedrooms in that otherwise useless space. Light snow appears on the ground but I don't think the objects get snowed on (I've not played winter for a while, sorry), heavy snow won't appear there, and sims don't seem to get colder/hotter like they would were it truly outside. I use the matching awnings because these make it join up. I know, it doesn't really matter to the sims themselves, and there are big gaps in the fence regardless, but that's just what I feel I have to do XD

Before I actually got Seasons I wanted to use that space as a greenhouse but you can't build one there Sad Mine always end up on the roof. I don't play anything bigger than a 1x3 (I only use those and 2x2s for community lots now), and too many storeys make as much lag as a bigger lot (not to mention, constant page up/down is annoying!) so I make sure to make efficient use of space! XD
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 08, 19:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, whoops, I did mean roof.

I didn't think you can put floor tiles to the end on upper levels, either, though I can't remember the last time I tried. And would you be able to put a floor tile above a fence? If it is possible, I'm all for the project! Who's got the mesh? I'll do all the brick recolors! *tries to calm self down

No, wait, I'll be really pissed off if someone made this now. My Chicago hood is almost complete and this was very needed way back at the beginning a few months ago.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 08, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, you can't put 2nd-story floor tiles on the last two squares to the edge, even with moveObjects on. Another stinky thing as sometimes I like overhangs on my mod buildings.

And again, I want a piece of this Chi hood, or at least some pics. I keep wanting to build houses just like those in my neighborhood but get sidetracked. When I'm finished with this extended Apocalypse thing, I think there will be zoning laws that only allow lots of the 1x2, 1x3, and 2x1 variety. Maybe the occasional 2x2 for those pesky historic houses like along the Inner Drive and around Old Town/Streeterville and some mid-rises.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 08, 20:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Zaza, I forgot you said that before...

http://www.vjdevelopment.com

You want the downtown living series. All the lots are there, I'm not done with the comm lots, yet, though. The architecture is based off of the Hyde Park and Lincoln Park areas. The comm lots are mostly from my childhood and from all over the city. All of the houses are on 1x2 and 1x3 lots. The comm lots are different sizes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 09, 00:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap, you've done some DePaul buildings. I have to show my buddies those. I went there for three years. I'm a northsider through-and-through (well, not originally, I'm from Indiana, but I bounce around the northeastern 'hoods).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: