More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:53:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Baby personalities?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baby personalities?  (Read 4755 times)
Jenchipper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Baby personalities?
« on: 2007 June 05, 04:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed recently that my babies being born have wild personalities.  Ex: 1 point into neat, 1 nice, 1 active and the rest of the points distributed evenly between the other options. 

I was browsing sites a week or so ago, I thought for sure it was MATY, and I thought I saw some type of program to fix that.  I've been scouring this site for a couple hours now and I can't find any mention of anything of this type.  Does such a program/hack exist and did I truly see it here or am I deliusional?

Thank you!

Santa Claus is coming to town
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Baby personalities?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 05, 04:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're running into what's commonly called the firstborn effect; every time you start the game the personality algorithms reset to the same starting point, and the sequence is the same every time through.  There is no direct hack to fix this, but the lot debugger has a rerandomize option that can set the algorithm to a random point, essentially breaking you out of the cycle.  Read the RTFM before using, and rerandomize at the start of each play session for best results.
Jenchipper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 06, 15:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, TYVM.   Smiley

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 06, 16:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am painfully aware of this problem, having had one family that had 3 kids who all looked and acted similar (the two girls could have been exact twins).  I downloaded the lot debugger compatible with Uni, but so far have not been able to use the re-randomizer feature (nothing seems to happen - no game stoppage, no exit to neighbourhood screen, etc.), either with testingcheatsenabled true or false.  Does the debugger conflict with any other hacks (InSim?).

I have taken to manually randomizing using CAS whenever I expect a baby to be born.

Any ideas for fixing this would be welcome - I have only base and uni loaded. 

Tribulatio proxima est
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 06, 19:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger doesn't conflict with InSim.

Make sure that you have the game off of pause. You can have the game paused if you wish, then have a Sim click on the debugger and choose the option. THEN UNPAUSE. The first thing you see is a warning letting you know that it will exit the lot without saving. Then, depending on the speed of your computer and the random number rolled, there will be a lag from a few seconds to a half minute. Then you get another pop-up stating the number "fixed" which is just the number rolled, and it will exit to the neighborhood screen.

Which part of the process does your game get stuck on?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 06, 19:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger doesn't conflict with InSim.

Make sure that you have the game off of pause. You can have the game paused if you wish, then have a Sim click on the debugger and choose the option. THEN UNPAUSE. The first thing you see is a warning letting you know that it will exit the lot without saving. Then, depending on the speed of your computer and the random number rolled, there will be a lag from a few seconds to a half minute. Then you get another pop-up stating the number "fixed" which is just the number rolled, and it will exit to the neighborhood screen.

Which part of the process does your game get stuck on?

Good to know it doesn't conflict with InSim.  I only use awesome hacks anyway, so there should not be a conflict with hacks in the game.

To describe the scenario, I have the game unpaused, select a female adult sim, click on the debugger on the lot and click on the re-randomize option.  As described the notification screen indicates there will be a pause, and that the game will exit to the neighbourhood screen.  All well and good.  I click OK, and nothing happens.

No pause, no freeze, no error, no jump, no announcement of a fixed number.  Nothing.  Game proceeds as normal.  This is consistent in my game in all neighbourhoods.

Does it help if I mention that the neighbourhood usually played is a clean custom hood with only bodyshop/CAS sims in it (the only Maxis sims are NPC - townies are created in CAS)?

Tribulatio proxima est
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 06, 20:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after the initial pop-up, the Sims just continue moving around and doing stuff?

Have you tried to see what happens if the Lot Debugger is the only item in the downloads folder? You don't need a pregnant Sim to try it out, just choose the option and see what happens. If it works, then you have a conflict with something else you've downloaded.

ETA: I just thought of something. The female Sim that you are using to click on the lot debugger, she isn't in labor is she? If so, it doesn't kick in until AFTER she gives birth, which defeats the purpose. If the Sim is already in labor when you realize that you haven't randomized yet, then you must have one of the other Sims in the household click on the debugger.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Jenchipper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 06, 21:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but from your description it sounds like you need to use the re-randomizer while the Sim is pregnant, before labor/child birth, correct?

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 07, 02:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used it at the moment a sim waves at me and starts to hold her belly. 

I always pause and save at that point (in case I want a different gender or try for a different eye/hair color) and sometimes I then realize I didn't run the randomizer yet so I do it then  Roll Eyes  After I reload the lot she finally gets to have the brat  Grin

someone else had trouble with the randomizer and couldn't use it, if I remember correctly.

It dosen't matter if it's a clean custom hood or a dirty maxis hood.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 07, 04:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but from your description it sounds like you need to use the re-randomizer while the Sim is pregnant, before labor/child birth, correct?

Just needs to be run once per playing session.  Often I run it when I've saved and finished playing the first lot of the session, as I might have several pregnant sims who will be giving birth in that playing session.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 07, 16:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after the initial pop-up, the Sims just continue moving around and doing stuff?

Yes, exactly. 

Have you tried to see what happens if the Lot Debugger is the only item in the downloads folder?

I have not tried that.  I will give that a go.  After that comes the tedious part of finding out which hack conflicts by adding them back in one or two at a time (if the test is successful, that is).

The female Sim that you are using to click on the lot debugger, she isn't in labor is she?

No, she's not even pregnant, so that should not be the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: