More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:21:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Level Challenge!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Level Challenge!  (Read 10819 times)
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
The Level Challenge!
« on: 2007 June 04, 12:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Challenge: Create 3 generations of a family, each having only one child,
have them all live in the same home. Start with only 1 floor (level) in your
house. This is very important. The next generation will add another level to
the house. The next generation does the same etc... In the event of twins;
you will use your roof as an extra living level (for the first set of twins
only...). A second set of twins will merit a basement (if your can manage to
build one...) Otherwise... don't do anything.

Rules:

Your sims can only marry townies
Don't reset your game if something bad happens
No Cheats!

Optional scoring:

1. +10 points for a basement or a roof living area
2. +10 points for reaching the top of a career
3. +5 points for every skill maxed
4. -1 point for every sim passed out
5. -3 points for a bad party
6. -20 points for failing the challenge!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Level Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 04, 12:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not see how this is a challenge. Many houses are built by default to be single-deck, and never go beyond that. And haven't you spammed enough challenges for one day?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 04, 12:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be a challenge if it was built on a 1x3 lot Cheesy Or Even a 3x2 one for base game only. Still wouldn't do this challenge though.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 04, 13:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can posting new challenged I find on the internet be spamming, wouldnt spamming be if I replied to topics with  single word or worse a  Smiley
FYI many people have enjoyed this challenge, mostly you can edit it to see how much of a challenge you want, by using 1x3 lots for example.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 04, 13:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, the idea of Planet K is not to mindlessly repost every challenge you find out there. Only the BEST and MOST INTERESTING ones...and at a rate which lets people actually DO something with them. Enough is enough! Give it a rest, already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 04, 13:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can posting new challenged I find on the internet be spamming, wouldnt spamming be if I replied to topics with  single word or worse a  Smiley
FYI many people have enjoyed this challenge, mostly you can edit it to see how much of a challenge you want, by using 1x3 lots for example.

so you are stealing other peoples challenges...  how lame...
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 04, 13:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had discovered the Asylum Challenge on another forum.  Sure it was created by another person, but I gave credit to him by posting a link to his rules.  It was also quite interesting, and had plenty of guidelines to go by.  This one seems pretty lame, unless you did this in combination with another challenge, like Legacy or Email or Ethiopian. 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 04, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6. -20 points for failing the challenge!

If you have failed the challenge, doesn't that mean you're not keeping score anymore?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 04, 21:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of my homes are single story and at least 85% of my Sims have maxed skills.
They all reach the top of at least one career and I have never moved grandparents out...
They rarely pass out and the only bad party I've ever had was the time a Pop sim was near death and needed a party for Platinum death (he died just as the party started -heh heh)

Guess I win huh?

I like challenges, but that was by far the most disappointing one ever (in that I've won it so many times without even realizing I was playing)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 04, 22:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like these rules rather better, tho even so, I'd modify 'em (no motive cheats, set an ending point and add some scoring).

Claustrophobia Challenge.
Rules:
Start with a 1x1 lot, available here

Make a family of one or two sims (though you will need 2 eventually for procreation...base family must be adults, no kids or teens))Build a house (and really, you can build a quite comfortable house, when I get a chance I will show you mine.) any size you like.

NO insimenator, no accelerate pregnancy, no aging up. So it may take a while, which is ok. YOU MAY use the motive enhancer, if you need to , and you may need to. Or you may not want to, depending on your playing style. Marry anyone you like, have any job or business you like, just no cheats on this house only.

BUT here is the thing...
Say your sims have one child first. They grow up...then the next generation has to have at least one more child than the one before. So if you have twins first, you must have three kids the next generation. Mom and Pop may leave the house after the heir produces the first of the next generation. Extra kids besides the designated heir may leave the home when they get to young adult or adult hood, depending if you want to send them to college. Heir sadly must stay home, no college.

Anyway, you will have to add on, but given the size of the lot, this will be a challenge too (I am currently on my second floor) and you can only go up as many floors as the game lets you.

Basically you'll potentially end up with a house crawling with sims tripping all over each otherand having aspiration failure, unless you are one of those who are very good at micromanaging (I'm not). You can have pets if you want and if you are brave, but once you add them you can't give them up. You don't have to move anyone else out, just make sure each generation has one more kid than the one bofereo, and that they are raised on the maxis timeline. I think three or four generations is a good goal to shoot for, I'd like to see how crazy or well things go for you!

It's sort of an experiment in chaos.
http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm80.showMessage?topicID=234.topic

I wish the OP was putting links to the original rules. I have the feeling they're modified and for MATY making anything easier is a major waste of time. Make it difficult or don't bother; Pes'll just beat it on paper (if it's even worth that) and very few people will bother to play.

Unsouper
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 05, 01:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had discovered the Asylum Challenge on another forum.  Sure it was created by another person, but I gave credit to him by posting a link to his rules.  It was also quite interesting, and had plenty of guidelines to go by.  This one seems pretty lame, unless you did this in combination with another challenge, like Legacy or Email or Ethiopian. 
This Challenge - or rather, the version sagana found - is absolutely made for Ethiopian! Cheesy The more sims you have in the house, the crazier it becomes - either you leave them with Macrotastics running and just check their Hunger & Bladder status, or you attempt to micromanage everything and hit Pause every 10 seconds to check what idiocy the dear sims may be up to. Guess which technique I chose? Roll Eyes

Combining it with Email could be interesting - it's rather hard to build multi-levelled houses without walls. I suppose you could add the walls to the first floor, then put the second floor tiles down, then remove all but the occasional segment of wall from the lower floor (individual wall segments are allowed, it's contiguous walls that are forbidden) - but even that may count as cheating for the purpose of Email. Rather better would be to use pillars, columns or arches to build legitimately on the second floor.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: