More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:27:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It may be interesting for you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It may be interesting for you  (Read 18551 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: It may be interesting for you
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 24, 19:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like fights. But modifying the core game files is "not recommended", as it may break patching and only a single such item can be installed. As such, this sort of thing is not recommended.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 24, 19:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to intensify the heat on your rhetoric. Remember what happened when you told MisterPaper you wouldn't recommend something?

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 24, 19:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like fights. But modifying the core game files is "not recommended", as it may break patching and only a single such item can be installed. As such, this sort of thing is not recommended.
Ahh... interesting Squinqe,syberspunk and others who made similar core mods known about it?Or maybe exist some kind of
permission or privilege to make some modification? Smiley As I noticed above I even don't want to think about competition in modding.
Thank you J.M. for warning and I want to ask anyone on MATY Do Not Download this item!
« Last Edit: 2007 May 24, 20:04:06 by Alexx » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 24, 20:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... interesting Squinqe,syberspunk and others who made similar core mods known about it?Or maybe exist some kind of
permission or privilege to make some modification? Smiley As I noticed above I even don't want to think about competition in modding.
Thank you J.M. for warning and I want to ask anyone on MATY Do Not Download this item!

yes, they know. Most of them post "not compatible with any other core-altering files hack".

INFP or something
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 24, 20:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But always can be updated. Right? Smiley
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 24, 21:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to intensify the heat on your rhetoric. Remember what happened when you told MisterPaper you wouldn't recommend something?
Pissing off a bunch of cat lovers is different than replacing core game files.

I don't entirely agree with this "don't replace core game files" thing.  As long as you backup whatever you replace then it should be fine.  Just be aware that some hacks may screw up your game though.  For patching the patching issue, just replace any modified file with the backed up file.  Then again, the Sims community is one where people don't even know how to open a .rar file so I doubt they'd do this stuff.

The practice of replacing core files wasn't recommended in TS1 either but not many people actually did it.  You could replace the effects of core game files by sticking an .iff file like "PersonGlobals.iff" in the directory which contained the object file's archive (Like "Globals").  The archives, which were .far files, would be the ones modified by any patches.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 24, 21:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, don't roll your eyes at us.

We're trying to help you not create a hassle and possibly a very large problem.

You should be bowing down.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 24, 21:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, don't roll your eyes at us.

We're trying to help you not create a hassle and possibly a very large problem.

You should be bowing down.
May be interesting too!Read reply 20 and 21 http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8273.0.html
It appears that invoked (in my manner)And realy I ask somebody for help?And about what problem are you talking?
Game cannot be problem(especially large)even it's totally crashed! Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 May 24, 22:11:04 by Alexx » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 24, 22:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About obsession with fight you don't right at all.I'm not sportsman and Klitschko not my friend but only countryman.And I don't
have any wish turn game to fightsmadness!About J.M., it was only joke and I'm really sorry if it somehow insult him.But your captiousness surprise me a little. Grin
Captiousness? No, I wasn't trying to find faults, I just was listing some other behaviors you've posted as suggestions before which are well-known game-killers. This makes me trust your stating that your hack isn't potentially problematic unlikely as compared to the posts of others.

The fight-loving comment was based off of a couple posts you made before about sims of yours who have had 450+ and 100+ fights. That's a heck of a lot of sim-on-sim action, and was noted as an observation as to why having a fight mod was so important to you, and also a minor dig at JM's vindictive nature in regards to his sims. Not that I can't be accused of the same...I'm in the midst of a mass-murdering, zombifying, neighborhood-flattening spree. Plus, a recently deceased dog in my neighborhood (Bert) was in approximately 15 brawls as apparently he was the neighborhood's bitch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 24, 22:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I especially like to play in uni dorms and many of YA with very low asp points (and in enemy state with someone) can gain
points from fighs with enemies.And finally with all monsters that presented in game  I don't think that TS2 really kind game. Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 25, 02:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me what it boils down to is who do I trust when it comes to modding my game.

Do I trust someone who has been keeping my game running by providing bug fixes and quality advice since before uni came out.  Or do I trust someone who recommends doing things KNOWN to break the game (such as using delete all characters, or deleting characters from the sim bin).

Pescado's advice can be a little conservative at times.  I believe the reason for that is because there are people in this community who don't even know how to make a Downloads folder or how to unzip a file.  He pitches his advice to the level of people who don't have a clue in how to avoid a BFBVFS.

Don't mistake me for a Pescado-sheep.  There are times when I ignore his advice.  I've been playing this game and been in this community long enough now to be aware of the implications of my decisions when it comes to choosing mods for my game.  If a core-altering game file does something I REALLY want, then I'll use it but ONLY if I trust the modder.

Game cannot be problem(especially large)even it's totally crashed! Grin

This is a weird attitude for a modder to have.  To paraphrase: "If my mod crashes your game ... then it's no problem".  Well, not for you as the modder, maybe.  But it would be for me as a player.  I spend a lot of time preparing my neighbourhoods to play, and then a heck of a lot more time playing my characters.  If a mod (by anyone) turned my neighbourhood into a BFBVFS then it would be a huge problem for me - all the play time since my last backup would be lost.  I spend time playing my game to have fun.  I don't want to spend time isolating which mod has stuffed up my game, then restoring the game from backup, then replaying the sim events that were lost.  That's an exercise in frustration, not fun.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 25, 08:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx, I think I need to introduce you to Gali.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 25, 14:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a mod (by anyone) turned my neighbourhood into a BFBVFS then it would be a huge problem for me - all the play time since my last backup would be lost. 
What's a backup? *prefers to live dangerously...stupidly...but dangerously* I backup my custom content periodically, but not my 'hoods.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 25, 18:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must do backup of EA Games Directory with all contents - C:\Documents and Settings\User name\My Documents\EA Games Smiley
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 25, 19:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to use SimPE to back up neighborhoods.  It names the files using date and time, so you know which is the most recent.  You do have to do each neighborhood separately, though.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 25, 19:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, kids. I know how to do it, I just don't, and was poking fun at myself.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 25, 19:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I think that better way don't lose anything ,it time to time make backup on DVD-RW with all EA Games folder contents,because
don't forget about that HD can crash.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 25, 19:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Syncback, a free backup/synchronisation tool. I backup the downloads folder, pictures from both storytelling folders, my hood, movies, collections, config folder and saved sims. These can be backed up to a zip file as long as it's under 4GB, so I make a zip of each folder. I back up the hood before every play session, takes less than a minute. Once a week I copy all the backups to an external hard drive. (Saturday morning when I do boring RL housework). Syncback does all that for me, I have preset profiles which can also be exported/saved.

I don't trust SimPE, it's corrupted hoods before, for me.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 25, 20:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm absolutely accept about SimPE.It still very unpredictable tool and I had totally crashed one of my hoods with it.
Thanks for info about Syncback.I don't know this tool.Need to keep look on it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 25, 21:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

• No Spyware, Trojans, Viruses, or Advertisements
• No Nag Screens
• No Registrations
• No Payments
• No Collection of Demographic Information
• No Unauthorised Internet Connections

ETA: The only thing I haven't worked out how to do is append dates to the zip filenames automatically.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 03, 11:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod was updated with new features(futures).If you interesting, you can find it on Insimenator. Smiley(link above)
« Last Edit: 2007 June 03, 18:21:14 by Alexx » Logged
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 03, 17:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bright new future awaits you on Insiminator!!  Grin
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 03, 18:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bright new future awaits you on Insiminator!!  Grin
Oops!Sorry for funny misprint!
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 04, 09:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! Funny misprints are good, no need to apologise. Only boring misprints are bad.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: